Goodman with JB | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Goodman with JB

I tentatively agree with him here at least locker room wise. Given everything social media wise paints a picture of a group of guys that are locked in and engaged off the court as much as hopefully on. So it at least will be better than last year.

Last year sure seemed like the 3 frosh, more specifically the two that left really isolated themselves from the rest of the team. No way did they conduct themselves in a manner they should ever be considered cancers to the team but there was definitely not the sense of a close knit team like it appears we have going in this year..

I know nothing but it's what I see at least.
I appreciate your work here brother, but at this same point last year I’m pretty sure someone made the same claim about the team’s chemistry

I appreciate your work here brother, but at this same point last year I’m pretty sure someone made the same claim about the team’s chemistry

No doubt and they were most definitely not right. So it's a right now kinda thing. I mean good chemistry doesn't mean 20 wins either. It always helps if it's real.

We're all damaged goods as fans these days. It's gonna take quite a bit to change that.

I tentatively agree with him here at least locker room wise. Given everything social media wise paints a picture of a group of guys that are locked in and engaged off the court as much as hopefully on. So it at least will be better than last year.

Last year sure seemed like the 3 frosh, more specifically the two that left really isolated themselves from the rest of the team. No way did they conduct themselves in a manner they should ever be considered cancers to the team but there was definitely not the sense of a close knit team like it appears we have going in this year..

I know nothing but it's what I see at least.
that is what I see as well, obviously no guarantees but I think JG3/Buddy/Jimmy/Cole/Symir all seem to be really close and I don't get the impression that Benny is anything but humble even with all the high school accolades. hopefully they prove this to be accurate

Thanks for posting this. JB revealed a lot, actually. Looks like right now, Jimmy will be starting cuz Dad emphasized in this interview the importance of experienced/veteran guys and that definitely has been his bias for decades.

He made a comment that indicated Benny's a bit behind at this point, but what freshman isn't?
Lmao

JG3/Buddy/Cole/Jim Jr/Sid….the most non-athletic starting 5 we’ve ever had?

I hope this works, but it's not like we have a lot of guys on that list that can create their own quality shot off the dribble. In fact, we have zero guys that are high level ball handlers out of that five.

My biggest fear has been that we have shooters that are only good when it's a catch and shoot and can get open looks off of a dribble penetration and/or ball movement.

I don't care how many shooters we have on the floor or how hot Buddy was at the end of last year, that lineup is sorely missing a number of things, including athleticism and ball handing / dribbling.

Hope I'm way off, but that is not a lineup I want to see starting.

Also, starting Jim Jr over Benny... Not a great look for recruiting.

Honestly, I hope I'm way off. But there will be an immense amount of pressure on JGIII to be a guy that can break down defenses for us with that lineup. Again, just my 0.02. Hope I have to eat crow.

I hope this works, but it's not like we have a lot of guys on that list that can create their own quality shot off the dribble. In fact, we have zero guys that are high level ball handlers out of that five.

My biggest fear has been that we have shooters that are only good when it's a catch and shoot and can get open looks off of a dribble penetration and/or ball movement.

I don't care how many shooters we have on the floor or how hot Buddy was at the end of last year, that lineup is sorely missing a number of things, including athleticism and ball handing / dribbling.

Hope I'm way off, but that is not a lineup I want to see starting.

Also, starting Jim Jr over Benny... Not a great look for recruiting.

Honestly, I hope I'm way off. But there will be an immense amount of pressure on JGIII to be a guy that can break down defenses for us with that lineup. Again, just my 0.02. Hope I have to eat crow.
Symir
Buddy
Benny
Cole
Jesse

JG - 6th man spark guard that backs up both spots
Jimmy - Veteran backs up both spots
Sidibe - Backup C

Best situation for balance.

Lol yeah right, though

JG3/Buddy/Cole/Jim Jr/Sid….the most non-athletic starting 5 we’ve ever had?

Symir
Buddy
Benny
Cole
Jesse

JG - 6th man spark guard that backs up both spots
Jimmy - Veteran backs up both spots
Sidibe - Backup C

Best situation for balance.

Lol yeah right, though
Joe will start.

Take all the shots, defense optional
I think that’s the Grinnell college here in Iowa model. We actually got a transfer from them few years back. Walk on, but had to play some minutes in the tourney due to foul trouble I believe.

When I think of an experienced and really good shooting team that also had some big flaws, I think of the 2017 team. Had some major victories and blew some teams out, but also stunk at times. I wonder how this team compares to that one?

Buddy = White.
Cole = Lydon
Benny = Battle

Girard has some similarities to Gillon in that they are too small defensively but can get hot and also hit tough shots when they’ve got it going. Gillon offered more off the dribble though.

Hope we don’t boot the first two months, playing the wrong lineup this year like we did in 2017. Also, Battle was hampered by injury which hurt us.

Girard
Buddy
Swider
Jimmy Jr
Sidibe

When I think of an experienced and really good shooting team that also had some big flaws, I think of the 2017 team. Had some major victories and blew some teams out, but also stunk at times. I wonder how this team compares to that one?

Buddy = White.
Cole = Lydon
Benny = Battle

Girard has some similarities to Gillon in that they are too small defensively but can get hot and also hit tough shots when they’ve got it going. Gillon offered more off the dribble though.

Hope we don’t boot the first two months, playing the wrong lineup this year like we did in 2017. Also, Battle was hampered by injury which hurt us.

That team was fascinating, they had talent but were brutal defensively. Gillon had to play PG but was undersized which allowed teams to get into the FT area at will, and then there was no rim protecter at the 5 so teams with quality bigs could score underneath or pass inside to out for wide open 3s.

At least the team this year will have some decent size at the F and C spots.

Girard
Buddy
Swider
Jimmy Jr
Sidibe
Well, I'll say this...if JB starts Sidibe over Jesse, that would actually be a very good sign, cuz it would mean that Sidibe is looking very good in practice, getting the best of Jesse more often than not (& we have good reason to believe Jesse will be much improved this year).

Yes, experience is absolutely is as important as JB perceives it, but I think he takes the Center position very seriously this year, more than usual, given the defensive weaknesses of his scorers overall.

Sidibe starting would mean Center will be an important strength on this year's team; not just crucial for team defense, but perhaps also an important offensive element that they will try to establish every game...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom