Goooo Twerps | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Goooo Twerps

albanycuse said:
I'm the realist ,i already made a post about it earlier, so i find that funny. Virginia is a paper tiger and we proved we can beat Duke already.

Virginia is a paper tiger? Oh, okay.

We kicked Duke's ass at the Dome. I expect similar results at Cameron.

Virginia has an easier schedule than us but they could definitely lose a few of them:

@ Clemson
@ VaTech
ND
Miami
SU
@ Maryland

The only sure win I'm giving them is ND. I wish Pitt would've beat them a week ago.

Unbalanced schedule.

UVA only has to play Syracuse, Duke, UNC and Pitt once.

Totally agree. This is the crappy part about playing in a league with so many teams. Sometimes you get extremely lucky with the schedule. UVA only having to play the top 3 teams only once is just ridiculous. Cuse has to play Duke and Pitt twice AND play UVA on the road only. Might as well have gotten UVA twice as well so that they can't get a tie breaker just because they play us and possibly beat us at their place. That said, I am very confident we beat UVA. I think Duke is most likely a loss and Pitt is a toss up. I think if we can just beat Pitt, we should be in great shape going into the game against UVA. I also worry about blowing a game against a team like Maryland on the road.

I love the Big 12 format now. Everyone plays each other twice so no scheduling advantages/disadvantages.

If we beat Pitt and UVA and we win the ACC regular season title. If we lose to Pitt and Duke, if we beat UVA I think we still win the regular season title. It's all about 3/1 because I just don't see Clemson or Miami beating UVA...

If Clemson doesn't beat Virginia on Saturday, we need to win out to win the regular season title.

Virginia's remaining schedule is ultra soft.

We could even slip to third if we lose at Duke.
Duke has UNC twice and us at home; if they go 2-1 in those games we'd have to lose 4 games the rest of the way to tie them. Our schedule is tough, but I don't see us going 4-4 to close the regular season. We should win @FSU and @Maryland and should be able to handle all our home games. The only 50/50 games @DUke and @UVA

Virginia is the type of team that we traditionally struggle with. The typical fastbreak Syracuse teams really had trouble with the slow pace Virginia will throw at us.Fortunately we seem to thrive in those games. Also see a little bit of Syracuse in their game in that they have a tight first half before wearing teams down with their discipline and good decision making. It will be a tough and emotional game.

They're a really good team that has come into their own over the last month and their fans are incredibly excited for our game there. Stubhub prices keep going up which is a good measure of what fans are thinking. Also enjoy their message board, partly because it looks like it hasn't been updated since 1998.

Virginia is a really good team; they weren't good for the first 2 months of the season but since the calendar flipped to 2014 they've been awesome. Their offense isn't very good at all, but they have one of the best defensive teams in the country. (#2 at Pomeroy)

They have an easier schedule than we do. They are @Va Tech, home for Miami and ND. Can't see them losing there. Then they have Clemson, @Maryland, and us at home. If you set aside our game for the time being, if we're lucky, they might lose Clemson or @Maryland, but I doubt both.

To me, it's very hard contruct a scenario where we win the league title and finish with the ACC #1 seed without winning @UVA, which will be doable, but very tough. Game is probably gonna be SU+2 or so

Edit: There is apparently a user named Clemson, cause I can't type @ Clemson without it linking to someone's profile

If we beat Pitt and UVA and we win the ACC regular season title. If we lose to Pitt and Duke, if we beat UVA I think we still win the regular season title. It's all about 3/1 because I just don't see Clemson or Miami beating UVA...

If we both finish 17-1 or 16-2, then we tie for the regular season title. The winner on March 1 would get the #1 seed in the ACC Tournament since the first tiebreaker is head-to-head results.

If we both finish 17-1 or 16-2, then we tie for the regular season title. The winner on March 1 would get the #1 seed in the ACC Tournament since the first tiebreaker is head-to-head results.
Thanks for the clarification. It'll be a war in Charlottesville...

Tix on Stubhub range from $193 to $1655!

There's even a parking pass for which they are asking $102!

Epic.
That will make it all the more sweeter when we ruin the Hoos fans' day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom