GoT Season 8 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

GoT Season 8

Is it coincidence that the shape used in the kid Umber’s death and the very first scene in the first episode (and repeated a few times since) looks identical to the Targaryen sigil?

There are a few fan theories out there linking certain symbols to house sigils. The swirl itself shows up a few times in the show -- probably most importantly when the children of the forest made (is that the right word?) the night king. The knight king's army also appears to be marching in the formation of the Stark's direwolf sigil when breaching the wall.

My guess is that the the swirl and dragon similarities are coincidental -- there are a lot of sigils that have geometric or other similarities. But it's GOT, and we're all going to be wrong more than we're right when all is said and done, so who knows?

I’d like to see Jamie have a redeeming storyline. I (would like to) see him ending up as the 1,000th Lord Commander of the Night’s Watch and restore/rebuild it after the war.
Rebuild the wall? for what?

Rebuild the wall? for what?

I base most of my guesses on what will happen off of the books -- we don't have NK or equivalent in the books (at least yet) and I don't think there is going to be a definitive end in the battle of good vs. evil in ASOIAF. After all, this is kind of a story on how there never is a happily ever after.

I base most of my guesses on what will happen off of the books -- we don't have NK or equivalent in the books (at least yet) and I don't think there is going to be a definitive end in the battle of good vs. evil in ASOIAF. After all, this is kind of a story on how there never is a happily ever after.

Kind of agree. The battle with the dead will be interesting / fun to see.

But ultimately -- despite everyone coming together to face a common enemy, I pretty much expect whoever is left standing to dissolve into the same petty squabbles, chasing the throne as before.

Life is a wheel.

I want to see the undead army by the end of the episode.

That giant wight has bad intentions...

Crazy to see all these characters together in this episode, after being mostly separate for 7 seasons. Next episode must be the big battle we've read about. This episode is off the charts awesome, best show/series ever. Next week is going to be epic!

Last edited:
That Arya scene had me.
SHIiUGm.gif

Great reunion.

Another weak sauce stage setter. :mad:
Breiene scene was the only cool thing but again what a waste.
Next week will be cool but these have been two filler episodes when they were doing a short season already.
The writing quality has been garbage.

That was one of my favorite episodes.

There’s something beautiful about seeing those characters that fought with and against each other for years coming together for humanity’s last stand.

I’m going to rewatch that episode over and over again for years to come.

This was one of my favorite episodes too. It was wonderful seeing these actors and actresses play these characters, I suspect some of them (maybe most) for the last time.

I suspect there's a strong correlation between people that like the end of Lost with people that liked this episode. I enjoyed Lost for the wonderful moments between the characters, I really didn't care that much about whether all the mysteries got solved or not. I could see this episode aggravating people who wanted to know who was in the other outrigger.

I'm so torn, I really want to discuss this more but I am going to great lengths to avoid spoilers (and spoilers disguised as "fan theories"). I'll probably avoid this thread until the season is over. I have a feeling it's going to be 100mph from here on out.

This was one of my favorite episodes too. It was wonderful seeing these actors and actresses play these characters, I suspect some of them (maybe most) for the last time.

I suspect there's a strong correlation between people that like the end of Lost with people that liked this episode. I enjoyed Lost for the wonderful moments between the characters, I really didn't care that much about whether all the mysteries got solved or not. I could see this episode aggravating people who wanted to know who was in the other outrigger.

I'm so torn, I really want to discuss this more but I am going to great lengths to avoid spoilers (and spoilers disguised as "fan theories"). I'll probably avoid this thread until the season is over. I have a feeling it's going to be 100mph from here on out.
I could watch the scene of them sitting by the fire for an hour and be happy.

The slow but steady character development to bring these characters to this place...their bravery and humility in the face of the impossible honestly brought tears to my eyes. That was truly beautiful story telling. I’m genuinely worried for all of them and for the first time I don’t care about who sits the Iron Throne.

Watching some of the extras on the HBONow app (reccomend it highly as there's a ton of stuff), coolest thing was watching "fan" George Lucas visiting the set helping out. So freaking cool.

Had to make every character loveable and close each arc before they brutally kill them off.

Podrick, Jorah and Tormund are in for some brutal deaths I’m guessing.

I don’t think this was a filler episode. It was pretty fantastic. I do feel like the unveiling of Jon’s lineage to him then dany’s been rushed though.

I don’t think this was a filler episode. It was pretty fantastic. I do feel like the unveiling of Jon’s lineage to him then dany’s been rushed though.
I enjoyed this episode a lot. I laughed a few times. I think its needed for how somber the rest of the season is going to play out. I thought it was good.

Theon, Jaime, Brienne, Jorah, Grey Worm, Missandei, Tormund, Sansa and Podrick each had their arcs fulfilled last night it seemed like.

Im guessing the only characters that survive this upcoming battle are Dany, Jon, Bran, Gendry, Davos, Varys and Tyrion.

Think Arya’s a goner.

Theon, Jaime, Brienne, Jorah, Grey Worm, Missandei, Tormund, Sansa and Podrick each had their arcs fulfilled last night it seemed like.

Im guessing the only characters that survive this upcoming battle are Dany, Jon, Bran, Gendry, Davos, Varys and Tyrion.

Think Arya’s a goner.
dang dude... some dark foreshadowing for sure. My question is how will any of them survive. This army won't relent. If you don't beat them outright they won't retreat. Winterfell is going to fall... how will the survivors escape. Next episode is going to be super intense. Its funny how there was always one episode every season were someone significant dies and you're left like What, about 20 significant characters about to die in one episode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom