GoT Season 8 | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

GoT Season 8

Breiene scene was the only cool thing but again what a waste.
Next week will be cool but these have been two filler episodes when they were doing a short season already.
The writing quality has been garbage.
You have to remember that this isn't Martin's writing anymore.

In fact, I believe Martin stepped away after season four to focus on Winds of War, although he did consult with producers on later seasons so the producers had a pretty good idea of what the books were going to do.

The problem is that, as the book storylines have faded further into the past and his involvement has ebbed, it becomes less and less Martin's Game of Thrones.

To me, that was pretty clear last night...it just didn't feel like something Martin would have written...

Holdor as will be wight probably as well.
Didn’t they recover Rickon’s body and bury it in the catacombs after battle of Bastards?

He may be the wight Theon saves Bran from.
So theon will kill Rickon afterall then?

I dont know anyone who is watching this show, but its interesting to read this thread anyway. My kids have tried to get back into the show but they both feel its a huge let down from the books and are struggling to make it thru season 1..

it seems to have an audience some place though. getting some good viewing numbers.

I dont know anyone who is watching this show, but its interesting to read this thread anyway. My kids have tried to get back into the show but they both feel its a huge let down from the books and are struggling to make it thru season 1..

it seems to have an audience some place though. getting some good viewing numbers.
Thats surprising, the first three seasons follow incredibly close to the books.

Here's what I would say. I haven't read the books, but my business partner has and is a big fan. According to him, the books are a lot more contextually rich, because the author [George R.R. Martin] weaves in a lot of history, legends, etc. that build the world. A lot of that is lacking from the show.

HOWEVER, the show is so big budget, and the effects / story are driven on such a grand scale that it is totally worth sticking with it.

The first season is primarily about the Starks and their children, and isn't quite as epic as the later seasons become [as the show was just building momentum]. As the story progresses and gained steam, the other families / characters become much more prominent. And HBO has really invested in the sets, special effects, etc. so I wouldn't base everything on the first few episodes.

I made it thru half the first episode and quit. Couldnt get past the acting to give the story a chance and the little i have seen of it since hasnt made we want to put the effort to get thru all these seasons to catch up. I see big budget Cartoon every time i come across it.

I do think the lack of depth of the tv version is one reason they dont enjoy it as much.

Pretty sure Arya will wearBrans face to kill the Night King. And the wear Jamie’s to kill Cersei.

I made it thru half the first episode and quit. Couldnt get past the acting to give the story a chance and the little i have seen of it since hasnt made we want to put the effort to get thru all these seasons to catch up. I see big budget Cartoon every time i come across it.

I do think the lack of depth of the tv version is one reason they dont enjoy it as much.

Couldn’t get past the acting?

What do you watch that raises the bar so high that GoT is unwatchable?

I think the crypt tunnels will allow survivors to escape and some characters will make a last stand there to help give the survivors more time to escape a la Hodor scene.

I also think that we see The Golden Company this episode attack Winterfell and then get slaughtered by the WW

Wouldnt mind seeing the golden company harrassed down to half its size by Tully/Riverland guerillas and nymeria’s company of wolves

I think the crypt tunnels will allow survivors to escape and some characters will make a last stand there to help give the survivors more time to escape a la Hodor scene.

I also think that we see The Golden Company this episode attack Winterfell and then get slaughtered by the WW
When your opponent can literally make the dead rise and fight for him the crypts are the worst spot in Winterfelt to hide.

The tunnels are going to be more dramatic than they realize. The Golden Company could be walking into a buzzsaw of the Army of the dead.

Couldn’t get past the acting?

What do you watch that raises the bar so high that GoT is unwatchable?

I will pretty much watch anything, i just went to see hellboy so im sure not looking for great. i just want to believe the chars are in their story. it felt like HS play acting to me and no kid in the game for me to need to stay to the end.

I will pretty much watch anything, i just went to see hellboy so im sure not looking for great. i just want to believe the chars are in their story. it felt like HS play acting to me and no kid in the game for me to need to stay to the end.
76381685.jpg

Thought last night's episode was fantastic. Its how episode #1 should have been. There were some fantastic lines and some great character interaction.

The very end when Sansa said to Dani about the North never bowing down again and Dani's reaction was classic.

Jamie and Bran

The group sitting around the fire and Jamie knighting Brienne was cool.

The Hound to Ayra "is he on your list" ...lol

I believe Arya will live and can't she take the face of a white ?

I thought it was a little boring. Agree 100% that there were some good lines, but that scene near the fire while that group was drinking went on too long, IMO. I know that it was all building up to B being knighted.

BUT -- on a positive note, I think that everything set-up related is now out of the way, and that it will be epic action from here on out.

No matter how I go about it in my mind, its inevitable that this is setting up to be a darker episode than the Red Wedding. There’s no one riding to Winterfel to relieve the living like Gandalf at Helms Deep or Sansa/Little Finger at BotB.

This us going to be brutal. A precedent setting cinematic battle, but brutal.

Grey worm and Jorah are easy bets to die. I expect Edd and Tormund as well. Gendry is dead, but Arya is preggers. Sam sticks around to write chronicle the events of this era, but the crypts will be overrun with wights and everyone down there dies including Gilly and Sam Jr. Arya kills Viserion-Zombie. Brienne dies saving Jaime. My guess is that Bran as we know him is dead, but he merges with the Weirwood tree.

I think Jon mind controls a dragon at some point.

This episode was fantastic. The next one will be difficult to watch, because there's going to be a billion things going on and the camera will be flashing around constantly. I hope it's not a typical CGI Helm's Deep/WWZ/Age of Ultron battle where a billion CGI enemies fly around and are wiped out in one go.

I thought it was a little boring. Agree 100% that there were some good lines, but that scene near the fire while that group was drinking went on too long, IMO. I know that it was all building up to B being knighted.

BUT -- on a positive note, I think that everything set-up related is now out of the way, and that it will be epic action from here on out.

I prefer the character development, story telling, mystery and intrigue to the action scenes. I liked the scene at the fire and actually wished they had traded more war stories.

Im a bit worried this long drawn out battle might be boring if it doesn’t keep us on the edge of our seats. And then there’s the cgi. I’m glad nobody knows who’s going to die I think thats the only thing saving it.

I expect a last stand in the crypts with a good number of people escaping out the tunnels to the ships. They’ll regroup at the iron islands but won’t have much of any army left.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom