Gotta beat NCSt | Syracusefan.com

Gotta beat NCSt

OttoForLife

2nd String
Seeing what I did last night, I would be very impressed if this team regrouped and went on the road to beat NCSt next week. Would ALMOST make up for losing to Mid Tennessee. Almost.

Offense: Scrap the run and double Chubb.

Defense: Key in on where Samuels is every play and whatever that defense was against LSU, do it again.

I'm not as high on NC State as some here. They beat an FSU team with a 120 pound QB making his first start and a team coming off a 3 week hiatus after getting their heart ripped out by Bama. They were all out of sorts - hell, Derwin James took an angle yesterday, giving up a TD, that made even our Safeties laugh.

Defense: Key in on where Samuels is every play and whatever that defense was against LSU, do it again.

I'm not as high on NC State as some here. They beat an FSU team with a 120 pound QB making his first start and a team coming off a 3 week hiatus after getting their heart ripped out by Bama. They were all out of sorts - hell, Derwin James took an angle yesterday, giving up a TD, that made even our Safeties laugh.

All I know is I thought Maryland and Oklahoma State were pretty good and both got beat silly last night. Anything can happen

Last edited:
Be ready for people to come in and say “no chance”. FYI, these will be the same posters that said no chance last night. The whole zero shot to win concept is baffling to me.

I can’t wait for all the “zero chance in hell” comments during clemson week. It separates the knowledgeable from the meatheads.

Be ready for people to come in and say “no chance”. FYI, these will be the same posters that said no chance last night. The whole zero shot to win concept is baffling to me.

I can’t wait for all the “zero chance in hell” comments during clemson week. It separates the knowledgeable from the meatheads.

We absolutely have a chance but some people are going to proclaim LSU is better than NCSt, so we should win and that's just not true. They are different teams but LSU is just good right now and that's it. NCSt could very well have ED on his back most of the game. I think the running game will actually be an important part of this game.

We absolutely have a chance but some people are going to proclaim LSU is better than NCSt, so we should win and that's just not true. They are different teams but LSU is just good right now and that's it. NCSt could very well have ED on his back most of the game. I think the running game will actually be an important part of this game.

LSU’s DL > NC States DL

NC State is better on O for sure.

Yes, regarding offense: pass pass and then pass some more! I was thrilled and dumbfounded by the play calling. Do it every single game And forget about that stupid first and 10, run it up the middle and get 1 yard crap.

Full disclosure: I know next to nothing about football. But I express my opinions nonetheless.

:rolleyes:

You obviously didn't see Chubb & his DL colleagues eat FSU alive yesterday.

Yeah - Chubb = Arden Key maybe?

I watched the game. They also didn’t get tons of pressure on Marshall.

It’s close for sure.

LSU isn't very good because their coach stinks but they have athletes across the board and our kids played toe to toe with them. People thought we'd get manhandled in the trenches and that didn't happen.

Where it showed was in their athletes. We don't have the WR playmakers they have.

Point here is that nc state has a solid team bc they are well coached but man for man our kids can play with them.

LSU isn't very good because their coach stinks but they have athletes across the board and our kids played toe to toe with them. People thought we'd get manhandled in the trenches and that didn't happen.

Where it showed was in their athletes. We don't have the WR playmakers they have.

Point here is that nc state has a solid team bc they are well coached but man for man our kids can play with them.

100%.

They will say hey we have a good WR and a decent QB. We’ll say yeah - us too. They say our DL is great. We say - our DL outplayed an SEC line according to their HC.

100%.

They will say hey we have a good WR and a decent QB. We’ll say yeah - us too. They say our DL is great. We say - our DL outplayed an SEC line according to their HC.

Yup. Whether their record bares out or not we'd kill for most of the kids on that roster.

This is where Dino gets his big bucks. The ability to put last night behind you and get the team completely focused on NC State.

There is no transitive property in college football, so comparing results usually ends up being a useless exercise.

If we’re as ready to play as we were last night, we’ll hang with them to the end. But we have to reduce the mistakes. Bigly.

nc state has a solid team because they are well coached and they have some pretty good players on their team. If our lines handled the LSU lines, we are nowhere close to where we could be in a couple years, so maybe this tells as much that LSU isn't as good as people want to believe they are. We'll know better at the end of the season when they have a losing record in conference play.

nc state has a solid team because they are well coached and they have some pretty good players on their team. If our lines handled the LSU lines, we are nowhere close to where we could be in a couple years, so maybe this tells as much that LSU isn't as good as people want to believe they are. We'll know better at the end of the season when they have a losing record in conference play.

Even if they have a losing record in conference - the talent they have recruited combined with coaching should put them well ahead of us. And yet here we are.

I think they have a depth problem on DL and a poor QB in a new system on O.

Coach O saying 4 of our DL could play for them is high praise.

Yeah. I hate it when they say zero chance, or even a 99% chance to lose. I don't care if we're playing Clemson, which people say is literally zero chance. If I'm not mistaken, Clemson ended up being the number 1 team in the country, and a pretty bad Pitt team beat them at their place. Every year there are a handful of games where the team with zero shot pulls of the upset. Every year. No reason it can't happen once with Syracuse.

You obviously didn't see Chubb & his DL colleagues eat FSU alive yesterday.
Chubb is a stud no doubt. So is Arden Key. He's all anyone talked about on defense. "He's a freak", "He'll be a first rounder" "First team all SEC" He is all those things, but for whatever reason, he didn't seem to have a big impact yesterday. I don't remember even hearing his name called yesterday once the game started.

Even if they have a losing record in conference - the talent they have recruited combined with coaching should put them well ahead of us. And yet here we are.

I think they have a depth problem on DL and a poor QB in a new system on O.

Coach O saying 4 of our DL could play for them is high praise.

If they have a losing record in conference, then they're not as good as you would like to think they are. It's just a fact. It doesn't matter how many high star recruits you have, if you suck, you suck.

At some point hopefully we break out of this dumb cycle of puffing up every opponent to be better than they are because it makes us feel better in a loss. It's like reading the Rutgers board.

We lost the game to a team that is just an okay team even though they have SEC printed on their field. That doesn't mean we aren't getting better but lets not let false narratives cloud the facts.

If the Nc State team that shows up in Talahassee shows up we are in trouble, have to hope they read their press clippings all week and come in flat.

If they have a losing record in conference, then they're not as good as you would like to think they are. It's just a fact. It doesn't matter how many high star recruits you have, if you suck, you suck.

At some point hopefully we break out of this dumb cycle of puffing up every opponent to be better than they are because it makes us feel better in a loss. It's like reading the Rutgers board.

We lost the game to a team that is just an okay team even though they have SEC printed on their field. That doesn't mean we aren't getting better but lets not let false narratives cloud the facts.

Anytime you’re only down 2 points with 5 minutes to go to an SEC team with their pedigree, you and everyone here would take that. 45+ OOC record? NFL players all over the roster?

There is no false narrative. We played well in a game where we were outmatched by more talented players. Their WR who caught that TD in the 3rd would have roughly a bazillion yards and slightly less TD’s in a Babers O.

The equivalent of this team would be VaTech last year or a Miami.

I have clear eyes, man. This team is close, has some glaring issues that only recruiting will solve, and has a good system run by good coaches on both sides of the ball.

We’ll see how good LSU ends up being. Either way, I saw improvement.

Chubb reminds me of Vontaze Burfict, which is bad for those he plays against.

Anytime you’re only down 2 points with 5 minutes to go to an SEC team with their pedigree, you and everyone here would take that. 45+ OOC record? NFL players all over the roster?

There is no false narrative. We played well in a game where we were outmatched by more talented players. Their WR who caught that TD in the 3rd would have roughly a bazillion yards and slightly less TD’s in a Babers O.

The equivalent of this team would be VaTech last year or a Miami.

I have clear eyes, man. This team is close, has some glaring issues that only recruiting will solve, and has a good system run by good coaches on both sides of the ball.

We’ll see how good LSU ends up being. Either way, I saw improvement.

You get sidetracked way too easily, you point things out I never argued about or against. I'm not sure if that helps make you feel like you're right or what.

Again, you're wrong. LSU is not a top SEC team this year, nor have they been recently. Trying to argue they are a top SEC team so it fits your narrative is a play out of the RutgersAl playbook. Are they a good team, yes. That's it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom