Gotta say Kaiser is right about the CFB playoffs the Big XII is in trouble | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Gotta say Kaiser is right about the CFB playoffs the Big XII is in trouble

Okay are you just trolling because if not you need to calm down. You make me look calm and I go nuts from time to time.

I mean TCU was 11-1 and Ohio State was 12-1. The committee gave Ohio State credit for that extra win and being the Big Ten champion while TCU was a co-champion and didn't play the extra game.
If ND goes 11-1 and Utah goes 12-1 the Pac-12 champion will get in over ND.

Why am I trolling? Because I express my opinion just like you?

OSU and ND are historical powerhouses with huge fan bases and a strong nationwide following. TCU and Utah are not, by any stretch. That doesn't mean the latter two will get hosed if they are very deserving. But if it's a close call the powerhouses will get the nod. If it's Utah or ND which team would you think ABC or the main sponsors like Dr. Pepper would want? The top guy at ABC Sports would commit hari kari if a one loss Utah was taken over a lone loss ND.

bpo57 said:
Why am I trolling? Because I express my opinion just like you? OSU and ND are historical powerhouses with huge fan bases and a strong nationwide following. TCU and Utah are not, by any stretch. That doesn't mean the latter two will get hosed if they are very deserving. But if it's a close call the powerhouses will get the nod. If it's Utah or ND which team would you think ABC or the main sponsors like Dr. Pepper would want? The top guy at ABC Sports would commit hari kari if a one loss Utah was taken over a lone loss ND.

You're giving credence to a "popular" vote that's not in the rules over conference champions that is in the rules.

Fight it all you want, but 12 > 11

You're giving credence to a "popular" vote that's not in the rules over conference champions that is in the rules.

There are plenty of criteria but the only one that seems to matter to some of you is conference championship. Strength of schedule and comparative results (Utah lost to USC by 18 while ND beat them by 10) are also listed as criteria. The Chairman even mentioned the dreaded "eye test." Btw do you really think they would admit that ratings/fan base etc. were part of the criteria?

If both ND and Utah finish with one loss you figure Utah will climb all the way from #10 to pass ND at #4 because why? Because they beat the same Stanford that ND will have beaten?

bpo57 said:
If both ND and Utah finish with one loss you figure Utah will climb all the way from #10 to pass ND at #4 because why? Because they beat the same Stanford that ND will have beaten?

12 > 11

No worries- a lot of your statements are incoherent. Hopefully you're not an SU grad.
I guess you are dumber than I thought.

Let me put it this way...

Say there's 5 12-0 teams. 1 each from 4 of the P5 and nd...or even say 4 undefeated and a 11-1 nd.

On champ Saturday all 4 P5 teams lose to 11-1 teams.

You think nd should get in???

, they quit playing.

This thread is spectacularly entertaining. Thank you to all participants!!

I have two questions that I'd like to ask with the utmost respect:

1.) Are SU FB fans who also "love ND FB" in the closet as ND or SU fans?

2.) I rarely go to the hoops board because of all the hoops only(s) - are there SU hoops fans who also "love (insert name of national hoops power that hasn't one a chip in over 25 years)?

Perhaps Chip (edit - or Millhouse) can help me understand how this closet works. I'll hang up and listen.

I guess you are dumber than I thought.

Let me put it this way...

Say there's 5 12-0 teams. 1 each from 4 of the P5 and nd...or even say 4 undefeated and a 11-1 nd.

On champ Saturday all 4 P5 teams lose to 11-1 teams.

You think nd should get in???

, they quit playing.

It's not as absolute as you seem to think. What if a P5 conference is very weak and the winner of that conference played a lousy OOC sked? Also under your scenario it depends on how badly beaten those undefeated P5 teams were in that title game. Whoa wait a minute. I thought you said that winning a P5 championship took precedence over every other criteria?

This thread is spectacularly entertaining. Thank you to all participants!!

I have two questions that I'd like to ask with the utmost respect:

1.) Are SU FB fans who also "love ND FB" in the closet as ND or SU fans?

2.) I rarely go to the hoops board because of all the hoops only(s) - are there SU hoops fans who also "love (insert name of national hoops power that hasn't one a chip in over 25 years)?

Perhaps Chip (edit - or Millhouse) can help me understand how this closet works. I'll hang up and listen.

Appreciate the call, FCS.

I'll tell you how it works. There are people on this board that will tie themselves into pretzels using whatever logic they can muster to justify why ND should not be in the F4. Why do they feel that way? Four main reasons. 1) they're either long time ND haters, maybe even dating back to some kerfuffle that happened between ND and SU in the early 1960s; 2) they're annoyed that ND won't do a home and home with SU ; 3) they're annoyed that ND won't join the ACC for football and 4) they didn't like the movie "Rudy."

Thanks for calling.

Last edited:
It's not as absolute as you seem to think. What if a P5 conference is very weak and the winner of that conference played a lousy OOC sked? Also under your scenario it depends on how badly beaten those undefeated P5 teams were in that title game. Whoa wait a minute. I thought you said that winning a P5 championship took precedence over every other criteria?
but what is your logic??

it appears to be that nd should get in the P5 with their weak schedule and lack of an extra game, because they may bring a few thousand more eyeballs and that will help to sell commericials in the next year because of the little bit of added ratings that nd would bring in a current year.

ridiculous.

but what is your logic??

it appears to be that nd should get in the P5 with their weak schedule and lack of an extra game, because they may bring a few thousand more eyeballs and that will help to sell commericials in the next year because of the little bit of added ratings that nd would bring in a current year.

ridiculous.

Nice twist. I said that if it is extremely close then those factors would give ND the nod. Not ridiculous in fact it's a sentiment expressed by many rational fans/pundits that aren't as naive as you. Btw ND's schedule is weak but somehow Utah and Iowa (two teams you have advocated over ND) have played powerhouse schedules, right? And you're one of these football folk, huh? lol

Last edited:
Appreciate the call, FCS.

I'll tell you how it works. There are people on this board that will tie themselves into pretzels using whatever logic they can muster to justify why ND should not be in the F4. Why do they feel that way? Three main reasons. 1) they're either long time ND haters, maybe even dating back to some kerfuffle that happened between ND and SU in the early 1960s; 2) they're annoyed that ND won't do a home and home with SU or 3) they're annoyed that ND won't join the ACC for football. Thanks for calling.

I understand why people loathe ND - especially fans of other schools (e.g. SU).

What I can't understand is "loving" two college football teams and defending Team B to Team A's fans on the Team A fan forum.

Thanks for your previous reply; guess I lied when I said I'd hang up and listen.

I understand why people loathe ND - especially fans of other schools (e.g. SU).

What I can't understand is "loving" two college football teams and defending Team B to Team A's fans on the Team A fan forum.

Thanks for your previous reply; guess I lied when I said I'd hang up and listen.

This whole debate really has nothing to do with Team A. And Team A fans shouldn't be offended. I thought the debate was about Team B, C, D etc. Just debating the merits of each team while trying to predict what the Committee will do.

This applies to me. I grew up an Oklahoma fan though am an SU alum. I love both and cheer for both. I lurk more than post on both boards, and try not to bring it up, though I will defend either to the other's fan base.

This applies to me. I grew up an Oklahoma fan though am an SU alum. I love both and cheer for both. I lurk more than post on both boards, and try not to bring it up, though I will defend either to the other's fan base.

Just curious, and I ask because I have difficulty putting myself in this scenario, who did you root for when SU played OU in the 90s?

(Bryce Bevil's hustle in the Dome game is one of my all time favorite plays.)

Nice twist. I said that if it is extremely close then those factors would give ND the nod. Not ridiculous in fact it's a sentiment expressed by many rational fans/pundits that aren't as naive as you. Btw ND's schedule is weak but somehow Utah and Iowa (two teams you have advocated over ND) have played powerhouse schedules, right? And you're one of these football folk, huh? lol
no twist, you said as much. i just dont believe the committee is corrupt.

i say the best 4 will make it and 1 of their top criteria is winning that champ game.

the OP was based on how everyone was talking about a bevo team making it and me saying 'hold your horses, dont write off the pac12, i think a 12-1 stanford gets in.'

YOU highjacked it and slanted it towards your ignored and beloved golden dome...and then we went from there.

a fair highjack imo, they also are trying to play by the same rules the bevo is.

i also stated that no one should write off utah, because they could steal a spot from the bevo as well.

again assuming stanford beats nd and then utah beats stanford.

at that point, i said if a bevo gets in, then utah would have 1 hell of an argument...and i said that i think they should get in over the bevo.

you also brought up a fun point which is to see what happens if nd beats stanford and then utah beats them, for that would also be weakening the win for nd but giving utah 12 wins. 12>11 i say utah, you say nd because of a corrupt committe.

and now you want to poke another hole in my theory by bringing up what if iowa loses, yet comes back to beat ohio st. personally, i think thats too preposterous to bother discussing.

Just curious, and I ask because I have difficulty putting myself in this scenario, who did you root for when SU played OU in the 90s?

(Bryce Bevil's hustle in the Dome game is one of my all time favorite plays.)
To be honest, I only remember 1997 and I rooted for Oklahoma as I was a child then. I graduated from SU in 08 and have loved SU since 02 or so. If they were to play ooc, I have no idea what I would do, though probably lean towards OU due to my history. If in a bowl game, I would be ecstatic as that means SU has risen well.

To be honest, I only remember 1997 and I rooted for Oklahoma as I was a child then. I graduated from SU in 08 and have loved SU since 02 or so. If they were to play ooc, I have no idea what I would do, though probably lean towards OU due to my history. If in a bowl game, I would be ecstatic as that means SU has risen well.

I respect that - you're an OU fan who went to SU.

I respect that - you're an OU fan who went to SU.
Sure, that is fair. I will say for basketball though, I quickly learned to hate Georgetown and UConn as much as I hate Texas and Oklahoma State in football. I have some great SU basketball experiences, though not much for OU basketball.

no twist, you said as much. i just dont believe the committee is corrupt.

i say the best 4 will make it and 1 of their top criteria is winning that champ game.

the OP was based on how everyone was talking about a bevo team making it and me saying 'hold your horses, dont write off the pac12, i think a 12-1 stanford gets in.'

YOU highjacked it and slanted it towards your ignored and beloved golden dome...and then we went from there.

a fair highjack imo, they also are trying to play by the same rules the bevo is.

i also stated that no one should write off utah, because they could steal a spot from the bevo as well.

again assuming stanford beats nd and then utah beats stanford.

at that point, i said if a bevo gets in, then utah would have 1 hell of an argument...and i said that i think they should get in over the bevo.

you also brought up a fun point which is to see what happens if nd beats stanford and then utah beats them, for that would also be weakening the win for nd but giving utah 12 wins. 12>11 i say utah, you say nd because of a corrupt committe.

and now you want to poke another hole in my theory by bringing up what if iowa loses, yet comes back to beat ohio st. personally, i think thats too preposterous to bother discussing.

My comments on ND dated back to last year when you were adamant that ND was at a distinct disadvantage along with Bevo. You still hold those views.

You said Utah would get in if they won out and even if ND beat Stanford.

No I say ND because they will have beaten Stanford on their home field not at a neutral site. I also say ND because they're better than Utah. Lastly I say ND cuz they're far more in demand by the people that pay the bills than the Runnin' Utes. It's not a matter of corruption. It's just bidness. I assume you've been hiding in a cave watching the NCAA operate over the last few decades.

Btw Kirk Herbstreit and Desomd Howard both just said ND is in if they win out and there is no undefeated team from the B12. Probably about the 10th talking head that has said that in the last two weeks but somehow I hold this far out ridiculous position.

Sure, that is fair. I will say for basketball though, I quickly learned to hate Georgetown and UConn as much as I hate Texas and Oklahoma State in football. I have some great SU basketball experiences, though not much for OU basketball.

Who did you root for when they played in the regional final in Albany in 2003?

My comments on ND dated back to last year when you were adamant that ND was at a distinct disadvantage along with Bevo. You still hold those views.

You said Utah would get in if they won out and even if ND beat Stanford.

No I say ND because they will have beaten Stanford on their home field not at a neutral site. I also say ND because they're better than Utah. Lastly I say ND cuz they're far more in demand by the people that pay the bills than the Runnin' Utes. It's not a matter of corruption. It's just bidness. I assume you've been hiding in a cave watching the NCAA operate over the last few decades.

Btw Kirk Herbstreit and Desomd Howard both just said ND is in if they win out and there is no undefeated team from the B12. Probably about the 10th talking head that has said that in the last two weeks but somehow I hold this far out ridiculous position.
the ncaa is not in charge of the F4, the conferences are.

but id say this thread has finally come to a close, we know where we all stand...lets let the games play out!!

but yes, an undefeated bevo likely takes the last spot even from a 12-1 stanford.

and i will hate it.

Last edited:
bpo57 said:
By your logic I guess Houston should start making plans for New year's Eve. 13> 12.

Ha! Yeah, clearly that's what I was saying.

In the p5, 12 > 11

Better?

All that I've been saying is: I'd feel better if I cared about winning a national championship as ND, BYU, B12 team IF I played a 12th game for s conference title.

I don't think that's a debatable point.