Gotta say Kaiser is right about the CFB playoffs the Big XII is in trouble | Syracusefan.com

Gotta say Kaiser is right about the CFB playoffs the Big XII is in trouble

Alsacs

Living Legend
1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Ohio State
4. Notre Dame
5. Iowa
6. Baylor
7. Stanford
8. Oklahoma State
9. LSU
10. Utah

The committee is saying Clemson your in as long you win out.
SEC and Big Ten champs your good.
Notre Dame you at 11-1 will likely be ahead of the Big XII champ.
Stanford if you win out your getting in before the Big XII champ.

Committee for some reason doesn't respect the Big XII. I think ND/Stanford have the inside track for the 4th spot.

I shed no tears for Bowlsby's crew, but they have their best games in front of them. If Baylor/Okie St win out, it won't take much for them to move up and LSU is no threat to leap either one now.

I think they are waiting to see since out of the top 4 big 12 teams, only tcu and ok st have played each other.

Dont notre dame and stanford play also?

I think they are waiting to see since out of the top 4 big 12 teams, only tcu and ok st have played each other.

Yes, so the loser of that game is out and if Stanford wins and then loses in the Pac 12, they would then be out.

So, I guess this is an argument for keeping it at 4 teams as it leads to more discussion.

Yes but the metrics the committee are stressing favor an 11-1 Notre Dame or 12-1 Stanford over 12-0 Baylor or Oklahoma State.

ND's only loss being a 2 point game on the road against the #1 team be better than an undefeated Big XII team. Which to me is insane but that is way the committee is leaning.

Either an 11-1 Notre Dame or 12-0 Big XII team could get shutout. This great news for ACC fans either ND considers joining the conference or Big XII is forced to expand.

1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Ohio State
4. Notre Dame
5. Iowa
6. Baylor
7. Stanford
8. Oklahoma State
9. LSU
10. Utah

Committee for some reason doesn't respect the Big XII. I think ND/Stanford have the inside track for the 4th spot.

The premise of your post doesn't quite make sense because the Big 12 conference schedule is incredibly backloaded. The committee was correct not to put Big 12 teams in the Top 4 until after the following brutal November schedule for each team has been played...

Oklahoma still has to play #6 Baylor, #15 TCU, #8 Oklahoma State
Baylor still has to play #12 Oklahoma, #8 Oklahoma State, #15 TCU, and Texas
Oklahoma State still has to play #8 TCU, #6 Baylor, #12 Oklahoma
TCU still has to play #12 Oklahoma and #6 Baylor

The premise of your post doesn't quite make sense because the Big 12 conference schedule is incredibly backloaded. The committee was correct not to put Big 12 teams in the Top 4 until after the following brutal November schedule for each team has been played...

Oklahoma State beat TCU and only rose to 8. The committee wasn't to impressed with that win.
Baylor's computer numbers will not go above ND's if both win out.

Big XII needs both Stanford and Notre Dame to lose games or they likely will be shut out. The committee is putting Big XII teams lower. Notre Dame is a big mess for the Big XII this year.

Baylor or Oklahoma State 12-0 and Notre Dame 11-1 is a dream result for ACC.
I want to see the committee put ND 5th and say sorry even though your only lose is to #1 on the road no playoff for you.

Just because the Big XII is backloaded doesn't mean the committee has to keep them lower. Sorry you don't get my premise.

Either an 11-1 Notre Dame or 12-0 Big XII team could get shutout. This great news for ACC fans either ND considers joining the conference or Big XII is forced to expand.

BYU, Cincy, Houston & UCF to the B12
UConn off the ledge

NDs SOS is about to get clobbered in the next 2 weeks.

Watch them start to move that 1 loss Utah team up, so if they beat a 1 or 2 loss Stanford, they're the 4th.

If 2 one loss teams get in and undefeated Baylor or Okie State is left out... I mean what more do you need to get 12 teams on that league and have a conf championship game? Funny thing is I can see Texas and OU holding out thinking oh this would never happen to us.

I can't help but think when push comes to shove, the committee is going to avoid a Clemson/ND rematch possibility. But we'll see, should things shake out that way.

1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Ohio State
4. Notre Dame
5. Iowa
6. Baylor
7. Stanford
8. Oklahoma State
9. LSU
10. Utah

And I think it is great.

OSU, TCU and Baylor all played Rutgers-type OOC schedules.

If they get punished for that, maybe they'll start scheduling some marquee opponents - that means more great early-season games...

I hate ND as much as the rest of you but you have to respect how they schedule...

Yes but the metrics the committee are stressing favor an 11-1 Notre Dame or 12-1 Stanford over 12-0 Baylor or Oklahoma State.

ND's only loss being a 2 point game on the road against the #1 team be better than an undefeated Big XII team. Which to me is insane but that is way the committee is leaning.
Yeah if the committee puts an 11-1 nd over an undefeated big 12 then that would be idiotic. Doesn't the committee value a conference champ over a non champ? Also, nd has not beaten any top ranked team. Navy and temple are their best lol.

The ONLY reason Clemson is #1 and will stay #1 if they win out is so they can justify ND being #4 (If ND wins out) when all is said and done as with Clemson being #1 helps ND look stronger.

If ND wins out they are in. Period. The committee wants $$$$. Plus having the semi-finals on the worst possible night imaginable (New Years Eve) they need ND to bring some ratings to games that will struggle to get ratings on that night. ND has 3 games left, WF and BC are gimmies. Then @ Stanford. If they beat Stanford they are in I don't care what anyone else does.

I got a big problem with Alabama being in. Alabama lost at HOME to Ole Miss. The same Ole Miss that lost to Memphis by 2 TD's!! I know they are in the SEC, but you can't justify Alabama being in over possibly a 2nd Big 10 team (ie Mich St who got screwed) OR a Big 12 team that is unbeaten.

NDs SOS is about to get clobbered in the next 2 weeks.

Watch them start to move that 1 loss Utah team up, so if they beat a 1 or 2 loss Stanford, they're the 4th.
Stanford saves ND's SOS. BC/Wake won't kill ND. The Big XII is needs ND and Stanford/Utah to lose to feel safe.

Right now I would put the Big XII as the least likely of the P5 conference to be in the CFB playoff. I think the committee right isn't impressed with the Big XII. They have Baylor 6th when the eye test tells you they are a top 2 team IMO.

And I think it is great.

OSU, TCU and Baylor all played Rutgers-type OOC schedules.

If they get punished for that, maybe they'll start scheduling some marquee opponents - that means more great early-season games...

I hate ND as much as the rest of you but you have to respect how they schedule...
ND has only beaten two ranked teams: Navy and Temple

That wasn't my point. My point was who they schedule.

They played Clemson @ Clemson. They play USC every year. And Texas, when they scheduled it, was a monster team.

And they still have to play Stanford.

Baylor's OOC schedule was SMU, Lamar and Rice...Puhleeese...

ND's schedule outside of UMass is top notch.
Their game at Stanford is huge for them. 11-1 ND vs. 12-0 Big XII team will be a major debate in the committee room.
ND playing UMass, BC, Wake is equal to Big XII champ playing Kansas, Iowa State, Texas Tech.

ND played Texas as well. This would be a really interesting debate.

I still think a 12-0 Big 12 team gets in. There schedules are so backloaded. ND schedule about to give way as well.

1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Ohio State
4. Notre Dame
5. Iowa
6. Baylor
7. Stanford
8. Oklahoma State
9. LSU
10. Utah

Hedging on the B12 round robin play-in. If one of them makes it through, great, if not they can wag fingers about playoff and OOC.

Win/win for a bunch of folks who are political animals, experts in deflection and blame shifting.

if someway Bama/the SEC doesn't get in, look for the playoffs to be expanded to 8 teams within a week