Gotta say Kaiser is right about the CFB playoffs the Big XII is in trouble | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Gotta say Kaiser is right about the CFB playoffs the Big XII is in trouble

Ahhh! I got it. ND fans don't want to look at the end of the season and see that they are not on the top rung of the conference rankings? Independence is saying "we're number one in our own conference" ...
It has nothing to do with rankings. Man you just don't get it. If you can't see what SU hoops had to give up to go to the ACC, I'm not sure there is any sense going any further on this. You clearly know better than JB and every other SU fan that bemoaned the move to the ACC while simultaneously realizing why the move had to be made. You really would, all things being equal, rather play in the ACCT and not the BET and have no true rival in the ACC while giving up two of college basketball's best rivalries in GTown and UConn? Okay.

sabach said:
It has nothing to do with rankings. Man you just don't get it. If you can't see what SU hoops had to give up to go to the ACC, I'm not sure there is any sense going any further on this. You clearly know better than JB and every other SU fan that bemoaned the move to the ACC while simultaneously realizing why the move had to be made. You really would, all things being equal, rather play in the ACCT and not the BET and have no true rival in the ACC while giving up two of college basketball's best rivalries in GTown and UConn? Okay.

Comparing leaving the Big East CONFERENCE to go to the ACC conference is not the same as simply going from independence in one sport to joining a conference that you compete in already.

Change is hard, I get that. And honestly I don't really care what ND does. I just think it's a wee not crazy to give up a shot at a national title over the good feelings and identity of being independent.

Penn State is my Exhibit "A". Even before Sandusky, I think that their brand was diminished when it joined the Big Ten.
if it was diminished, it was because their schedule got tougher, joe pa kept getting older and people looked at them funny as the 11th team in a heavily marketed conference calling itself the big TEN.

fwiw: i dont think it was and now here locally, the b1g is looked upon as a real place to play football with penn st being the flagship northeast program. that said, kids will now go play anywhere nowadays, everyone is a 'national' team like nd is. sure maybe they play around the country, but everyone is on tv so if junior from new jersey goes to wisconsin or even usc...instead of penn st, its not the end of the world.

what did SU hoops give up??

rivals?? sure, but they come and go. st bonny was a rival for how many years before the BE and gtown in say 1980. then storz stepped in around 2000 after they won their 1st. now they have dook & unc or virginia. pitt came wiht us. damn those john bagley, michael adams, troy bell bc games were awesome too, theyre there. are they real rivalries? i guess not. could they be BIG games...yes. and thats all that matters. playing in BIG games.

and JB never wanted to leave manley, so his opinion is worthless.

and most people bemoaning the move to the ACC arent football or Syracuse fans for that matter, they are hoop onlies and they can go F themselves.

as far as the BET goes, im going to assert myself as something as an authority here. i was in HS for the 1st ever at the Garden and basically hit every one from 93 till the end. and while they were awesome, lets put them in persepective. at most, we would have 10k there for a saturday champ game, of which we lost most of the time anyway. the rest of the games, there would be 5k lucky SU fans in the building...maybe 7k...and if someone came in and said 3k, id likely not argue. they were the best, not because 50k Syracuse fans were all in place, but because they had the best timeslots, on the best network and yes...had the best teams and you all got to watch from the comfort of your couch on tv. it was also all we knew and change is never easy.

but going was the smart move, lets not start pissing about that.

Last edited:
what did SU hoops give up??

rivals?? sure, but they come and go. st bonny was a rival for how many years before the BE and gtown in say 1980. then storz stepped in around 2000 after they won their 1st. now they have dook & unc or virginia. pitt came wiht us. damn those john bagley, michael adams, troy bell bc games were awesome too, theyre there. are they real rivalries? i guess not. could they be BIG games...yes. and thats all that matters. playing in BIG games.

and JB never wanted to leave manley, so his opinion is worthless.

and most people bemoaning the move to the ACC arent football fans, they are hoop onlies and they can go F themselves.

as far as the BET goes, im going to assert myself as something as an authority here. i was in HS for the 1st ever at the Garden and basically hit every one from 93 till the end. and while they were awesome, lets put them in persepective. at most, we would have 10k there for a saturday champ game, of which we lost most of the time anyway. the rest of the games, there would be 5k lucky SU fans in the building...maybe 7k...and if someone came in and said 3k, id likely not argue. they were the best, not because 50k Syracuse fans were all in place, but because they had the best timeslots, on the best network and yes...had the best teams and you all got to watch from the comfort of your couch on tv. it was also all we knew and change is never easy.

but going was the smart move, lets not start pissing about that.
Never have I argued that it was not the smart move. SU hoops does not have the same identity in the ACC that they had in the Big East. ND football will not have the same identity in a conference that they do as an independent.

Let's say Iowa loses one of its remaining three games but wins the B1G title. Are they going to the F4 with that pathetic resume just because they're conference champs?

Or how about Michigan beating OSU and then winning the B1G title. They get to go with two losses?

Just wonderin'.

Let's say Iowa loses one of its remaining three games but wins the B1G title. Are they going to the F4 with that pathetic resume just because they're conference champs?

Or how about Michigan beating OSU and then winning the B1G title. They get to go with two losses?

Just wonderin'.
2 losses maybe not.

but all 1 loss conf champs will be in over nd.

thanks for playing.

michigan, oregon, cal, stanford and 1 L to usc > gatech, temple, stanford and 1 L to clemson

You left out Navy which is ranked higher than Oregon or Cal. Comparative opponents you ask? ND beat USC while Utah lost by double digits to USC.

Utah at 12-1 will get in over ND 11-1.

The extra win and conference title.

ND knows the no conference title game and extra win for CCG team is used against them.

Utah schedule would be
Michigan
Utah State
@Fresno State
@Oregon
Cal
Arizona State

@USC
Oregon State
@Washington
@Arizona
UCLA
Colorado
Stanford

ND schedule
Texas
@Virginia
Georgia Tech
UMass
@ Clemson
Navy
USC
@Temple
@Pitt

Wake Forest
Boston College
@Stanford

italic- bowl team
bold-ranked team
red- loss
ND- 3 top 25 wins, 5 wins over bowl teams.
Utah- 3 top 25 wins, 8 wins over bowl teams and a conference title.

Utah is getting in if they win out.

michigan, oregon, cal, stanford and 1 L to usc > gatech, temple, stanford and 1 L to clemson

Strength of schedule matters yet up above you say Iowa gets in with one loss. Who the hell have they beaten?

Utah at 12-1 will get in over ND 11-1.

The extra win and conference title.

ND knows the no conference title game and extra win for CCG team is used against them.

Utah schedule would be
Michigan
Utah State
@Fresno State
@Oregon
Cal
Arizona State

@USC
Oregon State
@Washington
@Arizona
UCLA
Colorado
Stanford

ND schedule
Texas
@Virginia
Georgia Tech
UMass
@ Clemson
Navy
USC
@Temple
@Pitt

Wake Forest
Boston College
@Stanford

italic- bowl team
bold-ranked team
red- loss
ND- 3 top 25 wins, 5 wins over bowl teams.
Utah- 3 top 25 wins, 8 wins over bowl teams and a conference title.

Utah is getting in if they win out.

I don't see a lot of difference in the two schedules.

I'm a CFB junkie and listen to a lot of the talking heads on ESPN, Sirius XM College Sports Nation, CBS Sports Network, etc. An almost universal theme amongst all of them is that ND will get in because they're ND, no way they get moved out unless they lose, blah blah blah. This is the only venue I've seen that thinks ND is at a distinct disadvantage as opposed to people like Sean McDonough, Gary Danielson et al who say the exact opposite.

I don't see a lot of difference in the two schedules.

I'm a CFB junkie and listen to a lot of the talking heads on ESPN, Sirius XM College Sports Nation, CBS Sports Network, etc. An almost universal theme amongst all of them is that ND will get in because they're ND, no way they get moved out unless they lose, blah blah blah. This is the only venue I've seen that thinks ND is at a distinct disadvantage as opposed to people like Sean McDonough, Gary Danielson et al who say the exact opposite.
TCU was 3rd until Ohio State won the Big Ten. The committee isn't afraid to make changes late and if ND is off that last week and Utah beats Stanford that will be huge.
McDonough and danielson are entitle to think whatever they want. No conference title will hurt ND's resume when the other contenders will have that championship.

Strength of schedule matters yet up above you say Iowa gets in with one loss. Who the hell have they beaten?
Wisconsin and then of course...the defending national champ and undefeated Ohio St and a you would be watching...and as I said before...it would be GLORIOUS!!

Doubt they'd have 1 loss though.

But thanks for slamming nd for me, boy are they screwed!!!

Wisconsin and then of course...the defending national champ and undefeated Ohio St and a you would be watching...and as I said before...it would be GLORIOUS!!

Doubt they'd have 1 loss though.

But thanks for slamming nd for me, boy are they screwed!!!

Glorious? I thought you said you didn't care. You are a master of contradiction.

TCU was 3rd until Ohio State won the Big Ten. The committee isn't afraid to make changes late and if ND is off that last week and Utah beats Stanford that will be huge.
McDonough and danielson are entitle to think whatever they want. No conference title will hurt ND's resume when the other contenders will have that championship.

TCU v. The Ohio State University is a lot like Utah v. Notre Dame. You smellin' what I'm cookin'? There ain't nfw a one loss Utah gets in over a one loss ND.

Glorious? I thought you said you didn't care. You are a master of contradiction.
This will require you to think a bit, to be able to use your brain on multiple levels, but...

You are right, I said both things...and stand behind both.

1 loss nd skipped by 1 loss come champ...correct call and glorious.

1 loss nd in over 1 loss conf champ...it would be the wrong call, but I won't care...And I will still watch game.

This will require you to think a bit, to be able to use your brain on multiple levels, but...

You are right, I said both things...and stand behind both.

1 loss nd skipped by 1 loss come champ...correct call and glorious.

1 loss nd in over 1 loss conf champ...it would be the wrong call, but I won't care...And I will still watch game.

Don't be a hater.

Don't be a hater.
I stand for Truth, Justice and the American Way.

And we don't give out free passes to people who stop trying to score on the 5 yard line because they think they've done enough based on their historical arrogance...ie the Bevo and nd.

I stand for Truth, Justice and the American Way.

And we don't give out free passes to people who stop trying to score on the 5 yard line because they think they've done enough based on their historical arrogance...ie the Bevo and nd.

You lost me on that last sentence.

TCU v. The Ohio State University is a lot like Utah v. Notre Dame. You smellin' what I'm cookin'? There ain't nfw a one loss Utah gets in over a one loss ND.
Okay are you just trolling because if not you need to calm down. You make me look calm and I go nuts from time to time.

I mean TCU was 11-1 and Ohio State was 12-1. The committee gave Ohio State credit for that extra win and being the Big Ten champion while TCU was a co-champion and didn't play the extra game.
If ND goes 11-1 and Utah goes 12-1 the Pac-12 champion will get in over ND.

let's just agree that an 8 team playoff needs to happen soon.

Would you have the five P5 champions and the next best three (like old bowl system) or straight up best eight teams?