Gottlieb Getting Destroyed on Twitter | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Gottlieb Getting Destroyed on Twitter

ass! ASS!! The Assman!

“I’m just proving a point. You don’t have to celebrate it, Frank.”
bc79403669768182bc5717a7e06dc6b5.jpg.cf.jpg

I don't judge Luck one bit for making his decision. Football is a game that destroys the body and mind, and people can stop playing it whenever they want. But if the Colts decided to recoup the money from him which they are contractually/legally allowed to do, I wouldn't judge them one bit either.

I think the Colts made a mistake not taking the money back. If an AA Colt player retires early and they take the money back, all hell will brake loose, and rightfully so.

The "hoopsters" are really going off.....bunch of padless losers who never got flat out hit. Pieces of it!

Doug explains. I have no desire to listen to him for 4 minutes so only watched the beginning. Basically he was being a smart a** is what I can gather from what I watched.

Doug explains. I have no desire to listen to him for 4 minutes so only watched the beginning. Basically he was being a smart a** is what I can gather from what I watched.

Well, he's a documented thief and liar, so he gets no quarter.

I think the Colts made a mistake not taking the money back. If an AA Colt player retires early and they take the money back, all hell will brake loose, and rightfully so.

I thought I heard on the radio that by not taking money back, it means Luck is obligated to play for the Colts if he wants to play again. So there may be strategic reason to not get the money back from Luck that wouldn't be in play for almost any other player.

I thought I heard on the radio that by not taking money back, it means Luck is obligated to play for the Colts if he wants to play again. So there may be strategic reason to not get the money back from Luck that wouldn't be in play for almost any other player.

I heard something similar. If they did this and he wanted to come back next year, he would be available to the entire league on waivers first. (that is what I though I heard don't quote me 100%) Only if he cleared waivers could the Colts then keep him.

dougie drawing terrific heel heat

it's called doing his job

The internet has been around for how long now and people still don’t get this concept.

Well, he's a documented thief and liar, so he gets no quarter.
I'm not a Gottleib fan and stealing credit cards is pretty bad. But does him doing this years ago mean he never gets credibility for his opinion? I don't follow him that closely, but if he's stayed out of trouble since then, I'll give him a pass on the credit cards.

Last edited:
I swear if Dougie said "Syracuse looks great this year" people would disagree with him.

I don't think he said anything that crazy and honestly the jokes on twitter that trash him are just old by now.

There are worse people out there, especially in sports.

I personally dont like the guy but in all reality he's irrelevant and outside of this forum I don't even know he exists.

Completely disagree -- this isn't a Syracuse thing [although many here tired of his schtick a long time ago] -- his hot take act has worn thin, which is why his goofy perspectives get such backlash.

And this isn't the first time -- Stephon Marbury wiped the mat with him just a few short months ago, over a similarly dopey hot take from Gottlieb.

The fact that he engenders this much negative reaction tells me that it is NOT just a Syracusefan.com thing, but rather a universal reaction to his lousy sports media persona, chosen personal style, and an even bigger referendum on his opinions.

I'm not a Gottleib fan and stealing credit cards is pretty bad. But does him doing this years ago means he never gets credibility for his opinion? I don't follow him that closely, but if he's stayed out of trouble since then, I'll give him a pass on the credit cards.

The credit card roast has run its course (IMO), but that’s twitter for you.

Doug is always trying to be edgy with his takes. Then when he’s wrong and gets shot down, he doubles down instead of owning his L. Then he gets whiny and plays the victim. It’s his whole schtick, and nobody really likes a guy like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom