Gottlieb Getting Destroyed on Twitter | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Gottlieb Getting Destroyed on Twitter

Completely disagree -- this isn't a Syracuse thing [although many here tired of his schtick a long time ago] -- his hot take act has worn thin, which is why his goofy perspectives get such backlash.

And this isn't the first time -- Stephon Marbury wiped the mat with him just a few short months ago, over a similarly dopey hot take from Gottlieb.

The fact that he engenders this much negative reaction tells me that it is NOT just a Syracusefan.com thing, but rather a universal reaction to his lousy sports media persona, chosen personal style, and an even bigger referendum on his opinions.

Yeah, I don’t see what Syracuse has to do with Troy Aikman, Stephon Marbury, and countless others that are “known” in the sports world going out of their way to roast Doug on Twitter. The guy is loud and wrong often - and he does it in a way that rubs most people the wrong way.

“Syracuse” was merely one of the first things that he was loud and wrong about in his career and Boeheim was one of the first to publicly swat him down.

The credit card roast has run its course (IMO), but that’s twitter for you.

Doug is always trying to be edgy with his takes. Then when he’s wrong and gets shot down, he doubles down instead of owning his L. Then he gets whiny and plays the victim. It’s his whole schtick, and nobody really likes a guy like that.
Agreed - we've all said things we shouldn't have. Apologize for it and 99% of the people whose opinion you care about will forgive you.

I'm not a Gottleib fan and stealing credit cards is pretty bad. But does him doing this years ago mean he never gets credibility for his opinion? I don't follow him that closely, but if he's stayed out of trouble since then, I'll give him a pass on the credit cards.
Ummm, no.
He makes his living by being a troll. It’s only natural that folks will “troll” him right back.
You reap what you sow.

I thought I heard on the radio that by not taking money back, it means Luck is obligated to play for the Colts if he wants to play again. So there may be strategic reason to not get the money back from Luck that wouldn't be in play for almost any other player.
Didn't hear that. It might make sense then.

I thought I heard on the radio that by not taking money back, it means Luck is obligated to play for the Colts if he wants to play again. So there may be strategic reason to not get the money back from Luck that wouldn't be in play for almost any other player.

I think is more than just that . Their medical personnel may have botched his treatment with the shoulder .. he may have signed some indemnity document as part of the agreement to keep the cash

I think is more than just that . Their medical personnel may have botched his treatment with the shoulder .. he may have signed some indemnity document as part of the agreement to keep the cash

Probably mean a release.

I think Gottlieb is pretty knowledgable and there are other guys FAR worse who have FAR less knowledge.
He's just doing the schtick that he thinks works for him.

No one is going to defend his credit card business.
And he's owned it.
Is that any worse than what plenty of other players have done?

Like Michael "Sticky Fingers" Carter shopping style?
Or Scoop using another student's ID to order food?
Or Devo's antics?
Or the star SU player I won't name who stole someone's stereo system back in the day?
He was found out when the victim actually saw him listening to it.
Nothing ever happened to the player.
And there are others.

The credit card issue is an easy club to hit Gottlieb with.
But it seems like very selective.

I think Gottlieb is pretty knowledgable and there are other guys FAR worse who have FAR less knowledge.

And he's owned it.

Or Devo's antics?
Or the star SU player I won't name who stole someone's stereo system back in the day?
And there are others.

The difference is that Michael Carter, Scoop, devo or that star player you didn't name, don't go around judging other people the way that asshat does.

The difference is that Michael Carter, Scoop, devo or that star player you didn't name, don't go around judging other people the way that asshat does.
I'm curious who the player was

Thank you- you beat me to it.
I don't get all the Gottlieb defenders. The guy is one of the slimiest individuals in sports or other media, and I don't think its a coincidence that most players and fellow colleagues loathe him as well.
Yes, the credit card thing is a outdated club to use on him, but the man likes to stir the pot. All bets are off if one lives in a glass house, it just comes with the territory.

And he's owned it.

Or Devo's antics?
And there are others.

remind when when these other guys chose a career that is nearly 100 percent based on "takes' criticizing others' behavior?

At some point, people have to be allowed to move on from their past mistakes. And if we overlook the fact that he did steal credit cards back in the day (which we should have 10 years ago) this guy is still a D__che. Capital D

I can't believe he still has a job on tv and radio. I even more can't believe Collin Cowherd let's Dougie fill in for him on a regular basis. It's obvious sports personalities (the people he talks about) hate him, colleagues dislike him, and he continues to be a double D D__che

It's past time for the microphone to be taken from him. He wants to talk about walking away when it gets tough while he's making untold money sitting behind a mic. What a joke. And he continues to get away with it, and as someone else pointed out he'll continue to double down on being a class A a_ _ hat

At some point, people have to be allowed to move on from their past mistakes. And if we overlook the fact that he did steal credit cards back in the day (which we should have 10 years ago) this guy is still a D__che. Capital D

I can't believe he still has a job on tv and radio. I even more can't believe Collin Cowherd let's Dougie fill in for him on a regular basis. It's obvious sports personalities (the people he talks about) hate him, colleagues dislike him, and he continues to be a double D D__che

It's past time for the microphone to be taken from him. He wants to talk about walking away when it gets tough while he's making untold money sitting behind a mic. What a joke. And he continues to get away with it, and as someone else pointed out he'll continue to double down on being a class A a_ _ hat

I mean, I think hes the perfect fill in for cowherd.

Agreed - if you don't like what he has to say (and I often don't) challenge those statements rather than a stupid mistake he made in in his ancient past.

At some point, people have to be allowed to move on from their past mistakes.

If Doug made a respectful/thoughtful argument that I happened to disagree with, I personally would never bring up the credit card thing.

But if he's going to make meat-heated statements towards not only Andrew Luck but an entire generation of people, then I will always laugh at the well-deserved credit card jokes.

Nothing can destroy Gottlieb!

Tardigrade - Wikipedia

At some point, people have to be allowed to move on from their past mistakes.
Tell that to OJ Simpson...and no, I'm not equating Gottlieb's sins w/ that of a murderer.
Just pointing out that if one is TRULY remorseful its obvious in their actions and how they conduct themselves. Gottlieb doesn't just "criticize", he looks to diminish and has that annoying attitude of "i'm better than you".
Again, if everyone...colleagues, former teammates, athletes, fans etc. all consider him a total Dbag, can they all be wrong?

Tell that to OJ Simpson...and no, I'm not equating Gottlieb's sins w/ that of a murderer.
Just pointing out that if one is TRULY remorseful its obvious in their actions and how they conduct themselves. Gottlieb doesn't just "criticize", he looks to diminish and has that annoying attitude of "i'm better than you".
Again, if everyone...colleagues, former teammates, athletes, fans etc. all consider him a total Dbag, can they all be wrong?

He talks like a prosecutor who wants to send you to jail for being wrong.

Colin Cowherd is a lecture from your Dad.

Jim Rome sounds like a loan shark who doesn't want to hear about how hard it is to get the money.

Last edited:
As do people in most non-professional jobs. Why do you think workman's comp is so high? That being said, I doubt very seriously there are many jobs that cripple your later years like football.
Football players have the shortest life spans compared with other sports.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom