Graham, Jones and S. Thomas | Syracusefan.com

Graham, Jones and S. Thomas

CuseJo

Walk On
Just read on PS that Dorian Graham, Chandler Jones, and Shamarko Thomas will consider NFL draft entry. Chandler Jones, ok he might be able to sneak in as 5th 6th round pick... That's a big if though...Graham and Thomas??? Don't see any chance... Now, from reading the article, it seems like Dorian Graham may not be invited back for his 5th year... Is he a great player? No. But is he a solid contributor? Yes. I just don't understand why he wouldn't be invited back... 24 rec for 260yds 2 tds and good KO returner... Also on other special teams...
I just don't understand this move by DM... This may mean we would burn a redshirt year for potential true freshman who might just play on KO coverage and 2 plays on offense or defense(Does Kyle Foster ring bell)??? DM will never comment about whether Dorian was invited back or not, but just don't get this move. I could see Graham catching 30 balls for 400yds and return one KO for TD next year. Plus, who has he recruited to take his spot??? 2 star WR from Maryland?

Nothing like bad news (if true) at 2:50 in the morning.

Nothing good happens at 2:50 in the morning. If true, very perplexing. I think Graham was our 2nd best receiver this year and one of our top special teamers. Then next year we're going to say it's not Marrone's fault we're terrible on special teams-We're young and shorthanded.

Now, from reading the article, it seems like Dorian Graham may not be invited back for his 5th year... Is he a great player? No. But is he a solid contributor? Yes. I just don't understand why he wouldn't be invited back...
I can think of a couple reasons that have nothing to do with measurable stats - purely hypothetical - I don't know what the real reason would be.

Im sure Dorian was invited back why not the kid worked his tail off. I hope that he has done well in school because he has no chance to make it in the nfl

Not really going to worry about it. Dorian started slow, and finished slow, with a couple games in the middle that gave him a bulk of his numbers. He had come a long way, but that speaks more of where he started. While I would love to have that speed threat in the slot with Sales and Lemon attracting the majority of attention, there is also a lot to be said about the fact that he may still be as raw, or even more so, than some of our RS and true frosh. In which case its better we get the kids involved for the following season.

While you don't want to just lose an athlete like this, you can't just jump to the conclusion that DM is pushing him away for no reason, and that it will hurt us to do so. Many scenarios where that may not be the case.

Just read on PS that Dorian Graham, Chandler Jones, and Shamarko Thomas will consider NFL draft entry. Chandler Jones, ok he might be able to sneak in as 5th 6th round pick... That's a big if though...Graham and Thomas??? Don't see any chance... Now, from reading the article, it seems like Dorian Graham may not be invited back for his 5th year... Is he a great player? No. But is he a solid contributor? Yes. I just don't understand why he wouldn't be invited back... 24 rec for 260yds 2 tds and good KO returner... Also on other special teams...
I just don't understand this move by DM... This may mean we would burn a redshirt year for potential true freshman who might just play on KO coverage and 2 plays on offense or defense(Does Kyle Foster ring bell)??? DM will never comment about whether Dorian was invited back or not, but just don't get this move. I could see Graham catching 30 balls for 400yds and return one KO for TD next year. Plus, who has he recruited to take his spot??? 2 star WR from Maryland?

The guys with eligibility who weren't going to be given a 5th year were included on senior day. Those decisions have already been made.

Where is there any indication in this article that its a coaches decision?

Decisions to not "invite back" a player are made at every school... A scholarship isn't a 5 year contract... it's year to year. So, if this is the decision.. So be it! Now, his ship can open the door for another 2012 recruit

Maybe Graham decided not to come back. Everyone seems to be assuming it was a Marrone decision without any facts one way or the other.

I heard very early in the season that he intended to leave after his senior year. Nothing to do with Marrone or being invited back.

Maybe Graham decided not to come back. Everyone seems to be assuming it was a Marrone decision without any facts one way or the other.

Has anyone heard Dorian's name associated with rumors of dissention on the team? I haven't. Until DG says otherwise (DM won't), I'll assume his decision to test the NFL waters was his decision, not the result of being shown the door by Doug Marrone.

"Of the three, only Graham has said he definitely plans to move on, according to the source."

Doesn't sound like he is being forced to leave from that quote...

Confirmed, 100% player decision.

I think Rahme meant to say Graham is going to enter the UFL Draft. ;)

Personally I would like to thank Dorian for his contributions to the team if he indeed is not returning. His play on specials has stood out during these dark years of Cuse ST play. He played with a lot of emotion and maybe didn't always make the best decisions. I wish he would return for one more year of seasoning as it was nice to see his progression as a receiver and can only think of what if. Who knows, maybe he can be a Tyree type.

Maybe the get is getting his degree and has had enough of college as well, tired of being broke, etc. You never really know.

Doesn't the NFL do a screening thing where players get an idea about where they'd potentially be drafted?

Could this be what they're doing?

Sucks if true. He was our best special teamer. We will miss him on the coverage teams as well as his return capabilities.

Confirmed, 100% player decision.

100% that it his his choice would make sense, given what you said that everyone invited back was not part of Senior Day at the Dome.

Having said that, are we at 100% that he's not coming back?

For Graham? So that means Graham was (100% certain) offered a spot on next year's team?

Anything that happens is 100% up to those three. If a player wasn't part of the senior day event, they have been slotted by the staff to come back.

100% that it his his choice would make sense, given what you said that everyone invited back was not part of Senior Day at the Dome.

Having said that, are we at 100% that he's not coming back?

Who knows, maybe somebody can talk to sense into him, because if he is thinking the NFL, he is in for a rude awakening. Same for the other two.

Personally I would like to thank Dorian for his contributions to the team if he indeed is not returning. His play on specials has stood out during these dark years of Cuse ST play. He played with a lot of emotion and maybe didn't always make the best decisions. I wish he would return for one more year of seasoning as it was nice to see his progression as a receiver and can only think of what if. Who knows, maybe he can be a Tyree type.

There isn't anybody that's supported Graham more, but he isn't close to Tyree.

I don't feel there is any real surprises here. Maybe Shamarko testing the waters but that won't go anywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom