Greetings from Buffalo... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Greetings from Buffalo...

While Canadian French may be painful to the ears of anyone who speaks the real thing, and the secessionist nonsense gets tiring, Montreal is without a doubt one of the nicest cities in North America, it's probably second only to NY when considering cities east of Chicago. McGill is incredible, talk about value for the money it's like going to Princeton for the price of the local community college in Newark. Canada is not all bad folks.
Proud alumni of McGill and Syracuse University!!

We are going to be great friends edowd.
Believe me. Him and I are friends and I trust he'd kick me in the onions any spare chance he'd get. He's a wily one. :eek:
92380_D0050.jpg

While Canadian French may be painful to the ears of anyone who speaks the real thing, and the secessionist nonsense gets tiring, Montreal is without a doubt one of the nicest cities in North America, it's probably second only to NY when considering cities east of Chicago. McGill is incredible, talk about value for the money it's like going to Princeton for the price of the local community college in Newark. Canada is not all bad folks.
All universities are heavily government subsidized. A good investment

Well then, you solidified your personal motivation and your intent all along. Interesting how likes are so important to you, as well as some others, while ignoring what was actually written and punctuated. But hey, as you elude...it's all about the likes. Good for you! :confused:

lighten up my orange brotha. I love you and everyone else on this forum including jgeorge.

6-0 starting exactly 24 hours from your post.

We are going to be great friends edowd.
I have no real problem with you. It's your country (currently) I don't really like. I will list the real reasons if it will make you feel better?

I have no real problem with you. It's your country (currently) I don't really like. I will list the real reasons if it will make you feel better?
Ok:

1. I played hockey. This is a nation of people that assume that when you come north to play hockey you are coming to lose. My winning percentage is above 60%. People are generally pompous about it there too.

2. I played hockey with kids who were 2nd generation Americans from Canada. They will openly cheer for Canada over the country in which they reside. I am 3rd generation Irish American. USA over the emerald island every single day.

3. My grandfather married a Canadian 8 months after my grandmother die. That's cool old people get lonely fast I get it. She convinced him to essentially turn his back on his family and adopt hers as his own. She uses her step daughters (my aunts) Adirondack camp as if it were her own(even raises and flies the Canadian flag there). I get this is also on my grandfather but she is the succubus that lured him.

I have more but this is just off the cuff will I'm snowballing.

That settles it.

Next year the NCAA tournament should be played exclusively in Canadian venues.

At the very least, maybe it would get Ennis to reconsider going pro for another year.

Ok:

1. I played hockey. This is a nation of people that assume that when you come north to play hockey you are coming to lose. My winning percentage is above 60%. People are generally pompous about it there too.

2. I played hockey with kids who were 2nd generation Americans from Canada. They will openly cheer for Canada over the country in which they reside. I am 3rd generation Irish American. USA over the emerald island every single day.

3. My grandfather married a Canadian 8 months after my grandmother die. That's cool old people get lonely fast I get it. She convinced him to essentially turn his back on his family and adopt hers as his own. She uses her step daughters (my aunts) Adirondack camp as if it were her own(even raises and flies the Canadian flag there). I get this is also on my grandfather but she is the succubus that lured him.

I have more but this is just off the cuff will I'm snowballing.
1. We can be pompous. We are the best at it. Just like you are the best at football and every other sport except soccer. Our gold medals say we are the best. Seems
Like a jealousy thing, sorry lol.

2. If they are born in Canada they have every right to cheer for Canada.

3. That's one person. Unfair, to generalize a country with 34 000 000 on one person. The people from your 2nd point don't count.

"CanadianSU, post: 993620, member: 3965"]1. We can be pompous. We are the best at it. Just like you are the best at football and every other sport except soccer. Our gold medals say we are the best. Seems

3. That's one person. Unfair, to generalize a country with 34 000 000 on one person. The people from your 2nd point don't count.[/quote]
image.jpg

"CanadianSU, post: 993620, member: 3965"]1. We can be pompous. We are the best at it. Just like you are the best at football and every other sport except soccer. Our gold medals say we are the best. Seems

3. That's one person. Unfair, to generalize a country with 34 000 000 on one person. The people from your 2nd point don't count.
View attachment 9120[/quote]
Haha Yeah Buddy!

1. We can be pompous. We are the best at it. Just like you are the best at football and every other sport except soccer. Our gold medals say we are the best. Seems

Your certainly not helping their plight. And it's not their country. It was their fathers. I welcome them to go back . Canada is better at hockey because America doesn't care about it.

Your certainly not helping their plight. And it's not their country. It was their fathers. I welcome them to go back . Canada is better at hockey because America doesn't care about it.
Misunderstanding. They should cheer for USA then. Well, you seemed to care quite a lot about hockey. I was born in Ukraine. However, I am a proud Canadian Citizen.

Misunderstanding. They should cheer for USA then. Well, you seemed to care quite a lot about hockey. I was born in Ukraine. However, I am a proud Canadian Citizen.
I cared about hockey but I am in the minority. And the teams I played weren't automatically better than us. Like Canadian constituents assumed they were. It's frustrating when grown adults scoff at kids coming up to play in hockey tournaments. I walked away with a ton or Canadian tire hardware.

All universities are heavily government subsidized. A good investment
My wife went to McGill. She's debt free and real smart. I went to su and Chicago and I'm paying til I am 60. Which system is better for creating productive citizens? Canada's got it good on some ways.

My wife went to McGill. She's debt free and real smart. I went to su and Chicago and I'm paying til I am 60. Which system is better for creating productive citizens? Canada's got it good on some ways.
What year?

I cared about hockey but I am in the minority. And the teams I played weren't automatically better than us. Like Canadian constituents assumed they were. It's frustrating when grown adults scoff at kids coming up to play in hockey tournaments. I walked away with a ton or Canadian tire hardware.
O I know, you guys do very considering the popularity. Does anyone in Alabama know what Hockey is? I played against a team from Saginaw with Laval. We lost badly. Shame, the sport can get going below the mason Dixon line.

I think Buffalo has been a successful venue for them -- but it's been because of the basketball and because Buffalo is so accessible from NYC, Pitt, Columbus, Philly, etc. There is a huge audience for venues in the northeast.

To Buffalo's credit, they have this great Light Rail train in the middle of the city, and it takes people directly to the arena. It is also free. All cities should have such a transport mode to their arenas. It is seriously brilliant.

I was in Buffalo last April for a Bob Seger concert at the arena. Stayed at the Holiday Inn on Delaware; it was a 2 block walk to the train; dropped us right off at the arena. Couldn't have been more convenient.
The concert, by the way was terrific - Seger was in great form and Joe Walsh opened for him.

O I know, you guys do very considering the popularity. Does anyone in Alabama know what Hockey is? I played against a team from Saginaw with Laval. We lost badly. Shame, the sport can get going below the mason Dixon line.
It is. But southerners dislike the cold and hate ice. Probably as big as the sport will ever get here. Cest le vie