Greetings From Troy | Syracusefan.com

Greetings From Troy

I come in peace. Look at the name -- Ambassador.

Now, don't you guys/gals go thinking this is a trick, some sort of Trojan Horse. Not that we don't know that trick real well. But no, it's not. It's just football, and non-conference at that.

We the fans have been looking forward to the trip east for some time. Maybe you are unhappy the game is in NJ, but it's okay by us. It's not like we were going to be able to play in Archbold Stadium, so why not?

Anyway, look for a high scoring game. Take the over, whatever it is.

As to our offense, wow. At least the passing game. Not sure about the running game, even with Redd. We have only had one game, so we will see.

The defense? I am not sharing any secrets when I say that yesterday it looked by we were playing in a prevent mode all night. Robey is a strong CB, but he's pretty much on his own so far. We need somebody on the side opposite him, so expect us to be tested in the air.

So, points, points and more points, will be the fare next Saturday. At least that's how I see it from 3000 miles away.

I certainly wouldn't complain about a high scoring game...as long as both teams are scoring. Thanks for stopping by and providing some info

At the very least I'd love for it to be a high scoring game. 6 more days...

Just bring the Sweater Girls. :p

Song girls. We call them that. They're be there.

Here's from Lake Tahoe.

usc-tahoeweekender27.jpg

I come in peace. Look at the name -- Ambassador.

Now, don't you guys/gals go thinking this is a trick, some sort of Trojan Horse. Not that we don't know that trick real well. But no, it's not. It's just football, and non-conference at that.

We the fans have been looking forward to the trip east for some time. Maybe you are unhappy the game is in NJ, but it's okay by us. It's not like we were going to be able to play in Archbold Stadium, so why not?

Anyway, look for a high scoring game. Take the over, whatever it is.

As to our offense, wow. At least the passing game. Not sure about the running game, even with Redd. We have only had one game, so we will see.

The defense? I am not sharing any secrets when I say that yesterday it looked by we were playing in a prevent mode all night. Robey is a strong CB, but he's pretty much on his own so far. We need somebody on the side opposite him, so expect us to be tested in the air.

So, points, points and more points, will be the fare next Saturday. At least that's how I see it from 3000 miles away.
Do you guys still bang that gong when you cross the street on the way to the Coliseum?

Was at Coliseum last year. Fantastic time & the SC people to a person were great! (Although it's not hard to be gracious given the disparity between the football programs.). Love everything about SC except the coach. Look forward to going to game next weekend.

BUT AS TO THE SONG GIRLS, there were many beautiful women at SC, but they weren't some of them. They're like an impressionist painting, stunning from a distance, not so much up close.

My impression last year & I quote from a text I sent -- Things I learned today # 1: Song girls a myth up close. "Put down the trowel lady & step away from the foundation."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are they called song girls? They don't sing, do they?

No, they don't sing. They dance to songs. Not any song, just ones from the USC Marching Band. I guess "Bring out the Dancing Girls" didn't sound right somewhere.

Is your band coming, because I really can't stand that droning cheer that they play ad nauseum. It's like the California version of the Tomahawk Chop, which is equally annoying. Anyway, thanks for hopping aboard. I hope you guys enjoy the trip. I don't expect Nassib to throw the ball 60 plus times again, but you never know.

Is your band coming, because I really can't stand that droning cheer that they play ad nauseum. It's like the California version of the Tomahawk Chop, which is equally annoying. Anyway, thanks for hopping aboard. I hope you guys enjoy the trip. I don't expect Nassib to throw the ball 60 plus times again, but you never know.

One of the best fight songs in all of college football, if not the best. I think it's called "Fight On". And you gotta love the Song Girls and the Victory sign too. Went out to LA last year and enjoyed the pageantry of a game at the Coliseum and glad that we will get a flavor of that this weekend also.

One of the best fight songs in all of college football, if not the best. I think it's called "Fight On". And you gotta love the Song Girls and the Victory sign too. Went out to LA last year and enjoyed the pageantry of a game at the Coliseum and glad that we will get a flavor of that this weekend also.

First as to fight songs, Fight On -- this song is usually played after first downs and touchdowns -- and my favorite, Conquest, are the two big ones.

Second, as to the band, they'll be there. They'll be in the tailgate first.

USC's "official" tailgate will be at Plaza 5 at MetLife Stadium Drive; 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.

The time of the performance by Trojan Marching Band is TBD.

First as to fight songs, Fight On -- this song is usually played after first downs and touchdowns -- and my favorite, Conquest, are the two big ones.

Second, as to the band, they'll be there. They'll be in the tailgate first.

USC's "official" tailgate will be at Plaza 5 at MetLife Stadium Drive; 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.

The time of the performance by Trojan Marching Band is TBD.

I think there are going to be a lot of USC fans there. I was at the Galway Hooker once, which is their "official NYC bar" while a USC game was going on and the bar was packed with USC garbed patrons (a lot of young, good looking ones). Not sure of the numbers but you would have to think that some of their alums have migrated north and east. Plus, with doing a little research, it appears that last time they played in the north was 2000 vs Penn State in the Kickoff Classic in the Meadowlands.

I think there are going to be a lot of USC fans there. I was at the Galway Hooker once, which is their "official NYC bar" while a USC game was going on and the bar was packed with USC garbed patrons (a lot of young, good looking ones). Not sure of the numbers but you would have to think that some of their alums have migrated north and east. Plus, without looking, I can't believe they have ever played anywhere near NYC before. According to wikipedia they have played Penn State eight times, but doesn't say if any were in Unhappy Valley.

1990 Kickoff Classic vs Marvin Graves. ;)

Whatever it's called, I can't stand it. Makes me want to rip off my ears, or track down someone like Eric Afholter and beat him senseless with a shovel. As far as fight songs go, I'd rate many ahead of it. Notre Dame's, Michigan's and Wisconsin's immediately spring to mind. To each his own I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom