GT is going to be a huge problem | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

GT is going to be a huge problem

They are very good. Experienced O line, a fast RB, a retooled D and King is Shrader with better accuracy. Like Shrader I don't see him going the whole season without injury. He will take some hits in our game.

FSU's defense is suspect and that may prove the difference.

Techs defense is very fast but I feel like they’re a bit undersized. Did anyone else get that impression?

Some miscues by the QB - missed snap that almost lost them the game. Missed handoff at the goal line one drive. I forget what happened when their oline man had to jump on the ball to maintain possession. Might get those sorts of things sorted out or … might not. Last year their QB led the ACC in TDs *and* INTs.

Fla State did bring the heat and get to the QB but he is poised under pressure.

Really, the game was there for Tech to win by more than they did. They chose to play small ball in the second half and chew up clock. That 14 play drive was amazing.

Lots to think on here in terms of how you approach playing Tech. We’ve got a lot of weapons and one less game under our belt when we see them - I’m looking forward to what Fran does.

I love it

1. Should help attendance for the GT game

2. GT will definitely have the players attention - no taking them lightly after that performance

3. SU gets a lot more respect when they beat them

Only upside for that game today.

Me too -- love it.

OrangeMojo said:
I love it

1. Should help attendance for the GT game

2. GT will definitely have the players attention - no taking them lightly after that performance

3. SU gets a lot more respect when they beat them

Only upside for that game today.

Me too -- love it.
Yup, same

It was beyond aggravating to me in 2022 when our 2 solid wins in our first 3 games vs 'Ville and Purdue were completely dismissed as 'weak' competition even though they went on to win a combined 16 games.

We never got the credit that year (before injuries) for being as good as we were.

Good news is many of our best players from that team are still around (Barron, Cinco, Duce, OG, Wax, McDonald, Pena) reinforced by upgrades at QB McCord, EDGE (Diggs), and WR (Zeed) and DL (Tank/Hastings), and OL (other than Berg)

I think they are TBD. I’m not sure how good fsu is, especially with DJU at QB.

GT was getting gashed and then stepped up.

I think with a better QB and a balanced O, I think we take care of business.
I agree with you. And if GT plays Georgia tough, I expect them to look past us. We've been 4-0 and 5-0 a lot recently, then folded. Coaches may point out the new talent, but at the end, they'll say "new coach," and get cocky.
What I see is real beef in the trenches, and a fast, hungry offense most teams will find hard to stop. Most teams may look past us even when we get to 5-0 this year, and that would be just fine.

This is exactly what we needed. This should get Tech ranked. Wins over ranked teams help you rise more. Now we just need to take care of business. GT was always going to be the most important game on the schedule since it should get us to 5-0. I do wish we could swap the GT
game with Stanford and get them at home on Friday instead of noon on Saturday, but it is what it is. FSU didn’t look great at all. This is still a very winnable game, especially being at home. Hopefully we have a big crowd because that game can make or break our year.
I like getting after Ohio as they won't have much on us.

DJU is an awful QB. I have no idea why any team would go after him in the portal. FSU is in trouble if they don't have a legit backup.
Yep. We were talking about this here weeks ago. He did decent at the lowest stress P4 you can find after flaming out at Clemson. How the writers/coaches could rank FSU a top 10 preseason team with him at QB is beyond me.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eightballs

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom