Guerrier 2021 Draft | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Guerrier 2021 Draft

I think he’s more comparable to CJ, Kris and Roberson. All of whom spent time on projection boards. Yes, Tyler did too.

Fair was an excellent all-around basketball player; his chief weakness was no right hand.

Joseph was a decent enough shooter, average finisher at worst, had a very quick first step, and could handle the ball well enough.

Roberson was a tremendous leaper, had terrific straight-line speed, and was a 95th-percentile type of instinctive rebounder.

And all these guys still couldn't stick despite being superior to Guerrier (and/or a lot of peers) in several ways.

Do keep in mind that I could be way off on all NBA-related predictions, I just think this guy's pretty far from even an average ACC player.

Fair was an excellent all-around basketball player; his chief weakness was no right hand.

Joseph was a decent enough shooter, average finisher at worst, had a very quick first step, and could handle the ball well enough.

Roberson was a tremendous leaper, had terrific straight-line speed, and was a 95th-percentile type of instinctive rebounder.

And all these guys still couldn't stick despite being superior to Guerrier (and/or a lot of peers) in several ways.

Do keep in mind that I could be way off on all NBA-related predictions, I just think this guy's pretty far from even an average ACC player.
The problem with the OP's comparisons is that Joseph was on the Wooden Award preseason list of top 50 heading into his senior year. He was drafted in the 2nd round by the Celtics

Fair was a verstaile scorer with a polished all around game and very good athleticism. Not drafted

And Roberson averaged a double double his Jr year, before whatever that was his senior season. Roberson is a decent comparison, but he was also an elite athlete and gifted rebounder. Not drafted

The real issue with suggesting QG is a possible 1st round pick at this stage is that it invites others to pick apart the obvious flaws in his game.

Guerrier 2021 Draft?

I am a big fan of the absurd, so I'm loving this thread.

Right now Guerrier is not even really a diamond in the rough, he is more of a rough in the rough.
He has definitely improved this year, no doubt. Shows good grit and desire. But all facets of his
game needs a lot of work. Also agree with a previous poster who pointed out QG is not particularly
athletic . . . and that is of course on a relative scale. He is clearly an athlete, it is just in comparison
to NBA level athleticism he is not very athletic.

That said, I expect he will come back his soph year greatly improved. He has the makings of a very
good college player, just don't expect him to be in the NBA for more than a cup of coffee, whenever
that is, before winding up overseas.

I love him, I'm glad we have him, I hope I'm wrong, but that is what I see as the realistic future
for Quincy Guerrier. Go Cuse, go Quinc
He"s coal.

This thread is terrible.

Why just why would one of our fans start this thread? Our program has stunk since Ennis BC of all this early departure talk with guys who aren’t NBA material. Quincy has done great as a super athletic undersized PF playing inside but he’s been mediocre when he’s played on the perimeter. That means he’s suited to a great 4 year college career and if he keeps improving he might have the right skill set.

I loved OrangeDW Pitt comparison I’ll go CraigSmith or Jared Dudley for similar bodied guys who had to play 4 years to become NBA ready. Smith had a pretty good career averaging double Digits one year scoring and Dudleys still on a roster I think. Imagine either trying to leave as sophomores even though they were already good players.

I mean...if he’s still gotta develop a handle and an outside shot - why would the NBA be interested?

If he was 6’9 and jumped out of the gym with all the measurables the NBA scouts go nuts over, maybe.

As far as I know he’s about 6’6, with solid college athleticism. He’s not Jerami Grant athletically/measurable wise.

I’m trying to think of another forward we had that left early beyond McCullough(6’10-6’11) , Carmelo(GOAT freshman), and Donte Greene(6’9, long, 3 point range).
Lydon recently.

True. Also 6’9, and a really good shooter.

I can’t see a 6’6 forward whose not a shooter leaving early.
Oshae Brissett...Leaving early and entering the draft is one thing getting drafted is quite another.

About 40-50 kids enter the draft every year and don't get drafted.

Why just why would one of our fans start this thread? Our program has stunk since Ennis BC of all this early departure talk with guys who aren’t NBA material. Quincy has done great as a super athletic undersized PF playing inside but he’s been mediocre when he’s played on the perimeter. That means he’s suited to a great 4 year college career and if he keeps improving he might have the right skill set.

I loved OrangeDW Pitt comparison I’ll go CraigSmith or Jared Dudley for similar bodied guys who had to play 4 years to become NBA ready. Smith had a pretty good career averaging double Digits one year scoring and Dudleys still on a roster I think. Imagine either trying to leave as sophomores even though they were already good players.

Forum early departure talk has no effect on the program. Zero. Guys won’t stay longer or leave earlier based on discussions here.

Oshae Brissett...Leaving early and entering the draft is one thing getting drafted is quite another.

About 40-50 kids enter the draft every year and don't get drafted.

Yeah I considered him. Even he was 35% from 3 or so, and probably “measurably” more athletic? I say “measurably” because I’ll take Quincy’s strength and ability to make a contested layup around the basket all day, over somebody who runs faster and jumps higher in an empty gym. But scouts like what they like, and Oshea has actually gotten a little bit of NBA tick, so good for him.

He has a chance to be our best low block scorer since Christmas. Let’s hope he becomes a great college player who stays all 4 years but most likely 3 in this day and age. Europe will be calling.

Craig Smith was All BE two years and I think was first or second team all rookie in his NBA years. He was big time his senior year. If QG gets there ... awesome.

QG reminds me of D Blair from Pitt. I remember when blair went to the nba. There was a lot of discussion about him being an in between player because of his size. Sf v PF. I believe he was drafted by San Antonio. If QG continues to develop he will really help the team next year. Not sure of overall nba potential.

QG reminds me of D Blair from Pitt. I remember when blair went to the nba. There was a lot of discussion about him being an in between player because of his size. Sf v PF. I believe he was drafted by San Antonio. If QG continues to develop he will really help the team next year. Not sure of overall nba potential.

DeJuan Blair. To me he was much more dominant the Q.
SUMMARY

Career

G 72
PTS 13.6
TRB 10.7
AST 1.1
FG% 56.8
FG3%

FT% 61.4

No threads terrible it’s a public forum.

this prospect had draft buzz before stepping foot on a court. He’s an undersized post presence that per Jim Boeheim has an outside game that hasn’t translated to in game action.

If that appears in his sophomore year then who’s to say what today’s NBA wants.
Draft buzz from a few syracusefan.com board posters and draft buzz from NBA GMs are probably a tad different.

He showed no signs of being a good outside shooter while in college

50% on 3 pointers in college (4 attempts) but, 71% from the line can be a pretty good indication

PTS 13.4
TRB 8.2
AST 2.0
FG% 52.6
FG3% 50.0
FT% 71.1
eFG% 52.8

WS

DeJuan Blair. To me he was much more dominant the Q.
SUMMARY

Career

G 72
PTS 13.6
TRB 10.7
AST 1.1
FG% 56.8
FG3%

FT% 61.4
I agree at the end of his career at Pitt. Blair stayed 4 years. I was making the comparison on size and physical play at this point.

I agree at the end of his career at Pitt. Blair stayed 4 years. I was making the comparison on size and physical play at this point.

Blair was only at Pitt for 2 years.

Draft buzz from a few syracusefan.com board posters and draft buzz from NBA GMs are probably a tad different.
The buzz wasn’t from this site.

The buzz wasn’t from this site.

It was from the Post Standard, if I recall. They hyped him as our next guy that might be one and done, which was pretty goofy IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom