Guerrier... | Syracusefan.com

Guerrier...

Gabjon

All American
Lost in the afterglow of a great win and a wonderful shooting performance from Hughes and Buddy was a horrible game by Guerrier. If he truly is our "hardest worker" I despise that phase, maybe he is pushing too hard.

0-3, 0pts, 2reb, 3TOs, and 5PFs in 12mins. gets glossed over in a win like the one we had today, but for me when a player plays that poorly when everything is going right for the team it indicates a bigger problem.

Hopefully he gets it going because we are going to need him to win games when we don't shoot lights out.

With our lack of physicality it appeared he was just trying to be too physical today. I stand to be corrected, but I think two of those fouls were offensive. He is working hard out there and doing what he should be doing although there were no real results today. I have no problem with him still getting 15 - 20 minutes a game.

Agree, luckily today we really didn't need anything out of him.

I strongly disagree.

The dude had a really bad game. It happens. He'll have other poor games. He's had good ones.

The guy is figuring it out. Zero reason to make more of today than it is.

Plus, one of the offensive fouls and turnovers was an absolute joke. Rather than play defense, a guard that got caught on a mismatch fell down like a toddler and suckered the ref into a whistle.

With our lack of physicality it appeared he was just trying to be too physical today. I stand to be corrected, but I think two of those fouls were offensive. He is working hard out there and doing what he should be doing although there were no real results today. I have no problem with him still getting 15 - 20 minutes a game.

Agree, luckily today we really didn't need anything out of him.
You are correct 2 offensive fouls. We need him to be able to play 15-20mins he fouled out in 12mins. The thing is when you have 2 guys hot like that he should have been able to fine gaps and get a few easy ones.

I strongly disagree.

The dude had a really bad game. It happens. He'll have other poor games. He's had good ones.

The guy is figuring it out. Zero reason to make more of today than it is.

Plus, one of the offensive fouls and turnovers was an absolute joke. Rather than play defense, a guard that got caught on a mismatch fell down like a toddler and suckered the ref into a whistle.
Right now we either shoot lights out or we lose. We need to get to a point where we can win and not shoot lights out. To get to that point Guerrier will have to play better and if this was one bad game I wouldn't even be concerned, but this is very bad game when everything is going our way and no history of good games to point to. That's not good.

Right now we either shoot lights out or we lose. We need to get to a point where we can win and not shoot lights out. To get to that point Guerrier will have to play better and if this was one bad game I wouldn't even be concerned, but this is very bad game when everything is going our way and no history of good games to point to. That's not good.
He's had good games.

Two shooters got hot. Guerrier got into foul trouble and didn’t play well. So what? Like others have posted, he’s had good games.

Disagree, he just had a bad game. We lose by 40 to Iowa without his physicality

Two shooters got hot. Guerrier got into foul trouble and didn’t play well. So what? Like others have posted, he’s had good games.
I don't understand why players can only be criticized after loses. 24hrs ago we were the worst team in SU history one win later and the team is beyond approach...

Freak athlete who thinks he's a three-point shooter. Not a bad comparison IMO.

Guerrier has a similar build and he’s strong, but he doesn’t seem nearly as athletic as Harris to me. QG seems like a little above average athletically IMO.

He’s young, trying to figure out his increasing role , his strengths-weaknesses against high level D1 teams. His teammates picked him up this game and he’ll pick them up in some games. It’s a process.

Guerrier has a similar build and he’s strong, but he doesn’t seem nearly as athletic as Harris to me. QG seems like a little above average athletically IMO.

not a freak athlete but will be a very good player for us. Harris wasnt a great fit for our style of play and probably was a couple inches short of being a great player for his skillset.

I don't understand why players can only be criticized after loses. 24hrs ago we were the worst team in SU history one win later and the team is beyond approach...

It’s just weird criticism. He had a bad game. Bad games happen. Fouling doesn’t seem like a big problem for him. It was today, but he’s typically fine in that department. The turnovers were high because offensive fouls count as turnovers, so even that stat isn’t really that bad. 0-3 shooting in 12 minutes isn’t a big deal. It means he wasn’t shooting well, so he didn’t shoot much.

Other players don’t always have stellar games around hot shooters. I don’t see merit in the premise that a bad game in light of others having outstanding games is somehow indicative of a huge problem. It’s just a bad game.

Hughes is a freak athlete but doesn’t look like it until you watch what he can do when he plays. He has an excellent vertical. Guerrier looks like he’d be a great athlete but hasn’t really shown it yet in play. It’s early.

Couldn't disagree more with "a little above average athletically". He's a crazy athlete, he just doesn't know (yet) how to use it on the basketball court.

Harris was putting people on posters within weeks, and later throwing himself alley-oops.

I don’t see the speed or leaping ability to this level out of QG. Recorded on a toaster or something...

A bigger problem? Seriously? Come on.
Yep, it’s a huuuuge problem, lol. Old man Boeheim can’t get through to the young guys anymore, that’s the bigger problem. He’s lost control of the program. I’d be surprised if Wildhack didn’t make a move before the Georgetown game.

Sometimes this board makes me laugh out loud.

It’s just weird criticism. He had a bad game. Bad games happen. Fouling doesn’t seem like a big problem for him. It was today, but he’s typically fine in that department. The turnovers were high because offensive fouls count as turnovers, so even that stat isn’t really that bad. 0-3 shooting in 12 minutes isn’t a big deal. It means he wasn’t shooting well, so he didn’t shoot much.

Other players don’t always have stellar games around hot shooters. I don’t see merit in the premise that a bad game in light of others having outstanding games is somehow indicative of a huge problem. It’s just a bad game.
The concern is regarding his development. IMO Guerrier is not a player who has established himself and had one bad game. He is a player we need to develop and show improvement as the season goes on and this game was an unexpected softball and he didn't play well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom