Hackett is atrocious** | Syracusefan.com

Hackett is atrocious**

No excuses for the offense today. I really thought they'd be better than this.

Definitely need retooling in the offseason in a few areas...

please give an example..for example on the first drive of the second half when we had the ball 3rd and long from about the 38 and ran. That type of example.

I want Marrone to take over the offense again like he did in year 1. The play calling is so hit or miss, its terrible

I think the offense is the best it's been all year for an entire game. Nassib has time to throw, the RB's have room to run, and another WR makes an entrance. I'm not going to get all upset about what I consider to be a couple stupid play calls.

I think the offense is the best it's been all year for an entire game. Nassib has time to throw, the RB's have room to run, and another WR makes an entrance. I'm not going to get all upset about what I consider to be a couple stupid play calls.
At least somebody watched the damn game.

I dont know what anyone is complaining about. We just put 33 points on the scoreboard and we havnt seen that in years. I dont know why you guys think this is bad playcalling. I think its just our guys not understanding that getting out of the gates is important and also out of halftime.

It takes our guys 10 mins on each end to get going and moving, seems like they dont want to attack but rather sit back and see what the other team has and then attack if they can

I dont know what anyone is complaining about. We just put 33 points on the scoreboard and we havnt seen that in years. I dont know why you guys think this is bad playcalling. I think its just our guys not understanding that getting out of the gates is important and also out of halftime.

It takes our guys 10 mins on each end to get going and moving, seems like they dont want to attack but rather sit back and see what the other team has and then attack if they can
Truth about this team this year. SU always playing catch up.

Boggles my mind too. We're 3-1 and halfway to bowl eligibility with a loss at USC (big shocker there).

We played a quality team today with an All American WR going up against a battered secondary and we won the game. By the comments around here you'd think we lost by about 50.

I've noticed successful running plays (4+ yards) are always followed by another running play until an unsuccessful one. Going to the well ...

Boggles my mind too. We're 3-1 and halfway to bowl eligibility with a loss at USC (big shocker there).

We played a quality team today with an All American WR going up against a battered secondary and we won the game. By the comments around here you'd think we lost by about 50.
It's turning into a board meltdown !!! SU won the game!

Only problem I have is the playcalling. Way, way too much of the run.

Bailey ran for over a hundred yards today... Running game before today was off-track... What's not to like? The calls could have been better, but SU committed to the run. Nice to see. Wish the Shaffer committed to the pass rush more.

I'm very pleased with today's win. Lots of Bailey & PG, Nassib to lots of folks, and a kick to win in overtime. What's not to like?

This isn't the first time I've complained about hackett. If some people like the way he calls a game that's fine. I don't. I don't like his choices on down, distance or what's happening with the overall tempo of the game. He think he lacks a good feel. Sometimes the sequence of play calling is great and then he gets away from it. I think he needs to keep going back to what's working which he tends to get away from. Sometimes it seems like some of the runs are because of stubborness to.

I don't believe he's using Bailey properly either. whatever.

We were outgained and Macky threw a ball 20 yards back for a turnover. We're incredibly lucky to have won that game.

Yes, we scored 33 points... on a MAC team. I don't care how good they are in their conference, they are a MAC team and going to OT with them and worse, getting outgained, is unacceptable for our program. And this should be the expectation.

So you thought Bailey should have had 300 yards today? I understand what your saying but at the same time Hackett is still learning the nuances of being the offensive coordinator. I think he is getting better at calling the game and it looks even better when the players execute. If anything, he is getting better as well as the players which I think is better then him having 10 years of experience and being mediocre.

It doesn't matter what freakin conference they are in. They are a damn good football team. We didn't play down to a team like Akron or Maine. We played a real good team that would give trouble to anybody in our conference and probably beat half of them. A good team is a good team.

We were outgained and Macky threw a ball 20 yards back for a turnover. We're incredibly lucky to have won that game.

Yes, we scored 33 points... on a MAC team. I don't care how good they are in their conference, they are a MAC team and going to OT with them and worse, getting outgained, is unacceptable for our program. And this should be the expectation.

wait a second , this thread is about complaining about the offense ?

they gave up 438 yards today.

offense isn't great from a yards perspective but at least they're scoring

Maryland, who beat the Miami team that beat Ohio State, just got spanked by a MAC team.
We shouldn't lose to a MAC team, which we didn't.

wait a second , this thread is about complaining about the offense ?

they gave up 438 yards today.

offense isn't great from a yards perspective but at least they're scoring

How many plays did we even run today?

Lol. People like you aren't even worth debating. You have your head stuck so deep in the sand that it's not possible that there can be a quality MAC team. I'm sure their AA WR is just imaginary and the fact that they almost beat Ohio State at OSU is a figment of my imagination as well. Enjoy being miserable in your land of unrealistic expectations after a win. We're 3-1 and we've beaten 2 quality teams, regardless of what your warped impression of Toledo is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom