Class of 2017 - Hameir Wright (NY) to Washington | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Hameir Wright (NY) to Washington

I remember certain posters were real confident we were getting Briscoe. We all know how that turned out . Point is you never know how these things are going to turn out , and especially these days people tend to be a little negative when it comes to the potential recruiting results . Do we blame them ?

SU stopped pursuing Briscoe, not the other way around.

SU stopped pursuing Briscoe, not the other way around.
That's cause dad was driving the bus and wanted the best possible way to get his son he thought to the NBA asap. Why do you think he ended up at UK($$$).

That's cause dad was driving the bus and wanted the best possible way to get his son he thought to the NBA asap. Why do you think he ended up at UK($$$).

Not denying anything. I'm know people in his camp and they've thought he could make the NBA for a few years now.

Pushing for Wright in 17 is certainly one of our options if Tucker goes to Duke.
sounds like he/his camp are dead set on staying in 18

I get the feeling Wright is waiting for UK to
come calling...

Is it just me, or does he not look 6'8 in this video to others as well?

I have a question for you all. If for whatever reason he went back to 2017, would you take him and forego a point guard?

I have a question for you all. If for whatever reason he went back to 2017, would you take him and forego a point guard?
If the choice is between Hameir Wright and Eric Alaya who is looking for the best place to peddle his brand, I would say "Yes".

That said we need another ball handing guard.

If the choice is between Hameir Wright and Eric Alaya who is looking for the best place to peddle his brand, I would say "Yes".

That said we need another ball handing guard.

Wait, you cant pick both! :p I figured Id post something that might not be the easiest to answer, and so far you were the only one brave enough, lol. Thats a scenario where the banned scholarships would really make a difference. It's like Boeheim is running with ankle and wrist weights on until they are lifted.

I would say no at this point. To me Wright has regressed. Maybe it is being with a new team in PSA, but he hasn't played all that well or much in any of the EYBL sessions this spring/summer. I think he is making the right (no pun intended) decision to prep and stay in 2018.

Wait, you cant pick both! :p I figured Id post something that might not be the easiest to answer, and so far you were the only one brave enough, lol. Thats a scenario where the banned scholarships would really make a difference. It's like Boeheim is running with ankle and wrist weights on until they are lifted.
If I had a sentimental choice, it would be Hameir. I have been interested in him for awhile. I wanted him over Tucker. However, it is starting to look like a logjam at the Forward positions.
Tired of the Eric Alaya waiting and his "indecision".

Relax, some folks have stated authoritatively on here that Hop will not sign any recruits we've offered or from the East Coast for that matter(although he has already). Hop got Wright to visit Washington, at the very least. I dont see any signs of the guy slowing down, either. The lifting is heavier now, but I'm not going to wright him off as quickly as some. Feels weird rooting against the guy, no?

Relax, some folks have stated authoritatively on here that Hop will not sign any recruits we've offered or from the East Coast for that matter(although he has already). Hop got Wright to visit Washington, at the very least. I dont see any signs of the guy slowing down, either. The lifting is heavier now, but I'm not going to wright him off as quickly as some. Feels weird rooting against the guy, no?

Why are we routing against him for Wright? Wright didn't show a lot in this AAU season, we are full for 17 and have prioritized other forward targets for 18. We could have gotten Naz if we wanted but the staff wanted Dolezaj and a guard who wound up being Thorpe. It's not like Hop is snatching guys we are desperately trying to get. Hop still has connections and relationships on the east coast. It would be silly not to use them. I wish him well.

Why are we routing against him for Wright? Wright didn't show a lot in this AAU season, we are full for 17 and have prioritized other forward targets for 18. We could have gotten Naz if we wanted but the staff wanted Dolezaj and a guard who wound up being Thorpe. It's not like Hop is snatching guys we are desperately trying to get. Hop still has connections and relationships on the east coast. It would be silly not to use them. I wish him well.

Again, I wish Hop well too. Maybe '18 will be the magic year where all goes as planned(or not as miserably as the recent past) and Wright becomes someone we lose interest in. Lets hope so. My point of the post wasnt so much HW in particular, as it is was to saying that Hop can legitimately compete against SU in recruiting and as pull East Coast recruits as well, which a different poster(not you) said was not possible. Maybe he won't win any battles, but it baffles me that some refuse to admit it is a real possibility. I suppose I should choose my wording more carefully around here, and repeat that I am rooting for Hop to do well overall. I just recognized a new competitor from an unnatural region, with likely as many head to head matchups as anyone else, maybe more? The selfless part of me is hoping nothing comes of it.