Hardest bracket ever... | Syracusefan.com

Hardest bracket ever...

I feel like the top half of our bracket is thin.
Kansas has a real game with Penn.
They will win but Donahue can coach.

4 Auburn and 5 Clemson are weak.
I think Kansas cakewalks to the Elite 8.

If we don’t face Duke I could see SU pulling a miracle against Michigan State or at least compete.

Overall I think only Villanova has an easy path to the Final Four.
West is wide open.
South seems like Arizona/Kentucky vs. Virginia to get to the final Four.

this years it's ridiculously difficult
There are so many teams I don't like that I have going farther than I think but I don't know who else to pick. I have the same team winning it that I have picked every year. If you don't believe who will.

There are so many teams I don't like that I have going farther than I think but I don't know who else to pick. I have the same team winning it that I have picked every year. If you don't believe who will.

Yep, same problem. I got to the sweet 16 and I didn't know who to pick from there. In the end I went with the top seeds I had left.

this years it's ridiculously difficult
Did you mean our draw or picking the whole tournament? I read it as the latter but, after reading some responses, am not sure now?

Bracket highway exit.jpg

If we don’t face Duke I could see SU pulling a miracle against Michigan State or at least compete.

West is wide open.
I think if any #16 seed wins, it could be this year. Penn seems ready to be that team. But do I have the balls to make that pick official.

When you are the last team in you get a tough draw...

Yup. Plus there are no real goliaths like in years past. The level of ball is down as well. It’s an obvious uphill battle for the reason you mentioned. The position we’re in.

I think if any #16 seed wins, it could be this year. Penn seems ready to be that team. But do I have the balls to make that pick official.
Seriously thought about it but couldn't pull the trigger.

Penn has one of the lowest point spreads in recent years for a #16. Opened +15.5, currently +13.5

West is wide open.
Virginia is done without Hunter. I still think they get as far as Arizona.

Penn has one of the lowest point spreads in recent years for a #16. Opened +15.5, currently +13.5

They are something like the best ranked #16 seed in Ken Pom in 6 or 7 years. I count 4 teams seeded 14 or 15 that are behind Penn in Ken Pom. Sure seems like the committee decided before the Ivy league title game the winner was getting the 16 either way.

Yeah that spread keeps dropping. They probably shouldn't be a 16 seed but I'm not sure I get the Penn love. Other than Villanova they didn't play a top 50 team and have some bad losses to boot. Stepping up in class in a big way. I'd lay that 13.5.

Yeah that spread keeps dropping. They probably shouldn't be a 16 seed but I'm not sure I get the Penn love. Other than Villanova they didn't play a top 50 team and have some bad losses to boot. Stepping up in class in a big way. I'd lay that 13.5.
Plus, the game is about a 2 hour drive from Lawrence. It'll basically be a Kansas home game.

Pomeroy's model, which doesn't include a factor for game location (I'm pretty sure, though I can't find his explanation right now) has Penn at about 11%. 538's model, which does factor in location, puts Penn at only 5%.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom