Harrison twins | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Harrison twins

FWIW

Matt Jones (@KySportsRadio)
10/3/12, 10:23 PM
Cats Illustrated cites a source saying the Harrison Twins have picked Kentucky. We shall see

How dare you speak directly about the Harrison Twins in this thread! I demand you edit that post to add an insult to Cal!

Oh, and that's good to hear if true!

okay...Harrison twins go KY...well lubed bball team coached by CAL...for whatever reason I would be pleased to see them go KY...why...it lossens up others to give 'Cuse a shot with a few recruits and...keeps them out of the ACC!

okay...Harrison twins go KY...well lubed bball team coached by CAL...for whatever reason I would be pleased to see them go KY...why...it lossens up others to give 'Cuse a shot with a few recruits and...keeps them out of the ACC!
What other recruits does it open up? The only 1 and 2 Kentucky is recruiting are the Harrison twins. James Young is a 3. This is only good news if you're excited about Kentucky being the biggest lock to win a championship in 2014 in 20+ years.

What other recruits does it open up? The only 1 and 2 Kentucky is recruiting are the Harrison twins. James Young is a 3. This is only good news if you're excited about Kentucky being the biggest lock to win a championship in 2014 in 20+ years.

Here is the thinking. Kentucky can't have all four of the Harrison twins, Young, and Wiggins. There is only room for 3 of that group. Since we want both Young and Wiggins we want Kentucky to end up with the Harrison twins so they can only pick up one of either Young or Wiggins which leaves the other open for us.

If Kentucky misses out on the Harrison twins they can recruit both Young and Wiggins and some other point guard.

Here is the thinking. Kentucky can't have all four of the Harrison twins, Young, and Wiggins. There is only room for 3 of that group. Since we want both Young and Wiggins we want Kentucky to end up with the Harrison twins so they can only pick up one of either Young or Wiggins which leaves the other open for us.

If Kentucky misses out on the Harrison twins they can recruit both Young and Wiggins and some other point guard.

I don't agree, Kentucky can get all 4. Wiggins played the 4 some during AAU especially in his infamous matchup with Randle where he shut him down. UK played MKG some at the 4 last year in their offense, and Wiggins is far more dynamic than MKG. I don't want the Harrisons to go to UK. All that will do is get the ball rolling on one of the best recruiting classes in history. They have a really strong chance to get the Harrisons, Young, Wiggins, Randle, and Lee. That team would be crazy good. Cal has said his next goal is to get an undefeated season, that team would have a chance to do that. Can you imagine how impossible it would be to recruit against UK if they have all of their recent success and then can add another ring and mythical undefeated season to that recruiting pitch? IMO Wiggins and Young are going to UK regardless of if the Harrison twins commit or not, the only ripple effect for SU is it might make it tougher to recruit Roberson or Lawrence but even that I doubt because Young and Wiggins are far higher priorities for Calipari. I'll go against the Harrisons a couple times at Maryland for 1 year then have them go to UK and potentially impact countless recruiting battles in the years to come.

Idk, seems like its a stretch to think we end up with Young regardless and an even further stretch we end up Wiggins. Young seemed quick to respond to the rumor of him being down to UK and us and telling hes set up dates for Mich St and somewhere else. Why would he do that at this point in the game? He obviously wants to be a one and done type and knows we have a combo of Cooney and Gbinijie already in place. Im not too worried about it, I would rather us get a combo guard for next yr that can help bring the ball up and take some of the load off of Ennis' shoulders for next yr. But ya, an Andrew Wiggins commit would be something special for sure...just dont see him going anywhere but D-leauge U

I don't agree, Kentucky can get all 4. Wiggins played the 4 some during AAU especially in his infamous matchup with Randle where he shut him down. UK played MKG some at the 4 last year in their offense, and Wiggins is far more dynamic than MKG. I don't want the Harrisons to go to UK. All that will do is get the ball rolling on one of the best recruiting classes in history. They have a really strong chance to get the Harrisons, Young, Wiggins, Randle, and Lee. That team would be crazy good. Cal has said his next goal is to get an undefeated season, that team would have a chance to do that. Can you imagine how impossible it would be to recruit against UK if they have all of their recent success and then can add another ring and mythical undefeated season to that recruiting pitch? IMO Wiggins and Young are going to UK regardless of if the Harrison twins commit or not, the only ripple effect for SU is it might make it tougher to recruit Roberson or Lawrence but even that I doubt because Young and Wiggins are far higher priorities for Calipari. I'll go against the Harrisons a couple times at Maryland for 1 year then have them go to UK and potentially impact countless recruiting battles in the years to come.
Bingo!

Lets not make Kentucky out to be the boogey man. They are going to end up with 5 good recruits, but they are not going to end up with Young, Vonleh, Lawrence, Wiggins, and Roberson, etc. Yet I've heard from people all over this site that Kentucky is going to "steal" all these guys from us.

I dont know who SU ends up with. We dont have a lot of PT to offer. But I do know that even Kentucky cant pull in top rated guys to sit the bench.

Lets not make Kentucky out to be the boogey man. They are going to end up with 5 good recruits, but they are not going to end up with Young, Vonleh, Lawrence, Wiggins, and Roberson, etc. Yet I've heard from people all over this site that Kentucky is going to "steal" all these guys from us.

I dont know who SU ends up with. We dont have a lot of PT to offer. But I do know that even Kentucky cant pull in top rated guys to sit the bench.

I'm not sure where I said they are going to end up with all of Young, Vonleh, Lawrence, Wiggins, and Roberson, so if you could copy and paste that... Having said that, it is a real possibility that Kentucky does end up with a Young/Wiggins/Randle/Vonleh/Lee combination. My point was for everyone thinking that Harrisons to UK will discourage Young or Wiggins from going there, I don't agree. Lawrence and Roberson are probably plan B or C for UK, meaning Lawrence and Roberson probably end up at Kentucky if Young/Wiggins/Randle go elsewhere. If anything, you could probably make an argument that the Harrison twins going to Maryland help our chances with Wiggins. Without those 2 guards Kentucky does not have many elite options left at point guard for next year. Syracuse could arguably have a more attractive roster, and provide him with a better chance at a national championship his only year in college. These top tier guys on campus for 1 year want playing time, but they also want a chance to win a national championship. (Not that it matters because Wiggins isnt sitting behind anyone.) Kentucky with the Harrisons does a ton in building their profile and appeal for recruits, not just this year but in future years as well. It's not as simple as if the Harrisons go it takes up 2 spaces so Wiggins or Young will automatically have to go elsewhere. You can ask Francis or Paulie, they know a lot about recruiting and maybe I'm wrong but I think we benefit by the Harrisons going to Maryland moreso than if they go to Kentucky.

And I'm not sure you can say you know, implying its a fact, that Kentucky can't pull in top rated guys to sit the bench. If anybody can its Kentucky,

Kyle Wiltjer played roughly 11 mins/game

Why no warning? Is this site affiliated with Scout or any other similar type of site?
Maurice Clarett challanged the NFL rule. Collectively bargained age restrictions are okay.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

They picked Kentucky. and said for the next 4 years... liars or idiots... haven't decided yet.

They picked Kentucky. and said for the next 4 years... liars or idiots... haven't decided yet.
They can mean it now, then change their mind. Great place to go if you can't get into a college that plays basketball.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom