Harrison twins | Syracusefan.com

Harrison twins

goodroc

Starter
Announcing Thursday should get ball rolling. Lets hope they pick uk

I'm thinking also that if they pick UK that it is good for us, although there is a chance that it could open the floodgates for them as well. I hate to speculate but I'll still with my first thought and would rather have them pick UK than another school (like Maryland).

http://zagsblog.com/

Announcing Thursday should get ball rolling. Lets hope they pick uk
Must be the check cleared from Cal and the UK Boosters then.

If they have hats in front of them and they are all Under Armor, I am going with Maryland.

two reasons wanting them to go to KY...first opens up, no pun intended, other recruits considering both to come to 'Cuse...and second, dont want to play them in ACC.

How do you guys figure it will get the ball rolling? The Harrisons are a point and a 2 guard, Kentucky is recruiting 1 point guard and 1 shooting guard in the 2013 class and it's the Harrison twins. Their commitment will affect only Maryland if they commit to UK.

If they pick UM it further complicates everything because it puts UK back in the market for a point guard and a two guard. Either way I don't think gets the ball rolling.

How do you guys figure it will get the ball rolling? The Harrisons are a point and a 2 guard, Kentucky is recruiting 1 point guard and 1 shooting guard in the 2013 class and it's the Harrison twins. Their commitment will affect only Maryland if they commit to UK.

If they pick UM it further complicates everything because it puts UK back in the market for a point guard and a two guard. Either way I don't think gets the ball rolling.

I think hes referrring to the getting the ball rolling in regards to Young. Hes the only one it effects. We have our future point. Now if Young had not just openly stated that he has 4 school on his list, not just Cuse and UK then I would feel our chances are a little higher, but now...who the knows. We will be fine, a combo of Cooney and Gbinijie at the 2 will work just fine next yr. Im thinking the Harrisons take the under armour deal and go to Maryland.

If you're interested in their recruitment check out @EricPrisbell he seems to know the twins' story. Sounds like UA is very involved.

@EricPrisbell
Nike officials are a bit anxious about this decision, I'm told. Even with Maryland's in-home visit tomorrow, I still think coin flip.

Btw Wiggins is going to UK midnight madness. Surprise surprise.

This isn't nearly as much about UK vs. Maryland as it is about Cal vs. UA. Could be a watershed recruiting moment.

It's funny how perfectly obvious it is that their are likely MAJOR infractions going on, but the NCAA will do absolutely nothing about it.

It's funny how perfectly obvious it is that their are likely MAJOR infractions going on, but the NCAA will do absolutely nothing about it.
@EricPrisbell
Harrison Sr. told me college coaches not allowed to call his sons directly. Only person allowed to call them: One Under Armour official.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I'm all for busting cheaters, but what major infractions are obviously being committed? I think if you're gonna accuse someone of something you should have some evidence proof or details of something.

@EricPrisbell
Harrison Sr. told me college coaches not allowed to call his sons directly. Only person allowed to call them: One Under Armour official.

Nothing to see here. Move along.
They don't even bother hiding it anymore.

Nobody has more money than WWW and his Nike connections -- or his clandestine operation to avoid the NCAA watchdogs.

I'm all for busting cheaters, but what major infractions are obviously being committed? I think if you're gonna accuse someone of something you should have some evidence proof or details of something.
You don't see the big shoe companies with their grip on these kids and their families? How they direct these kids to certain schools? How the families benefit? Is that what you envision college athletics to be?

The bidding war is in full effect. Should be fun to see how it all goes down. I think Under Armour will out but anybody will be foolish to count out Cal.

Seriously, how on earth is it legal and acceptable for the shoe companies to have such a huge influence on this stuff? It's a freaking joke.

Seriously, how on earth is it legal and acceptable for the shoe companies to have such a huge influence on this stuff? It's a freaking joke.
This is an honest question, because I have no clue, but do the shoe companies pay the NCAA directly for rights to anything?

I don't know for sure, but I assume the shoe companies make all of their deals directly with schools. I can't imagine the NCAA has any real dealings with shoe companies.

One of the funniest things about all of this to me is how people all over the media are saying how blatant of a bididng war and influence UA is having on this and the NCAA will probably do nothing or not even acknowledge it. Theres article and tweets saying UK, Nike, and WWW vs. UA, and Turgeon lol. They'll probably only investigate if he goes to Maryland, if he goes to UK then everything was done clean.

One of the funniest things about all of this to me is how people all over the media are saying how blatant of a bididng war and influence UA is having on this and the NCAA will probably do nothing or not even acknowledge it. Theres article and tweets saying UK, Nike, and WWW vs. UA, and Turgeon lol. They'll probably only investigate if he goes to Maryland, if he goes to UK then everything was done clean.

Just curious: What hard evidence would even exist that the ncaa could use to implement a punishment? Im guessing Under Armour is telling these kids they will make sure their shoe contract will be worth x amount of dollars when they make the leap to the NBA. Nike is protecting their brand and also trying to make a deal. Maybe these kids dont see the money right away and some lawyers draft up contracts that make it impossible for the ncaa to determine when it was signed. In this hypothetical situation, the ncaa probably cant do anything.

There is a reason the Harrisons moved their announcement date earlier by almost 4 weeks. If they were going to MD they probably don't change the date. My guess is they want to claim first dibs to the spots at UK (and the WWW fringe benefits) before someone else does, like maybe James Young.

Just curious: What hard evidence would even exist that the ncaa could use to implement a punishment? Im guessing Under Armour is telling these kids they will make sure their shoe contract will be worth x amount of dollars when they make the leap to the NBA. Nike is protecting their brand and also trying to make a deal. Maybe these kids dont see the money right away and some lawyers draft up contracts that make it impossible for the ncaa to determine when it was signed. In this hypothetical situation, the ncaa probably cant do anything.

You're right, there probably is nothing they could do. People have become experts at how to break the rules without breaking them and find loopholes. I was also referring to how all of this goes on and the NCAA is virtually powerless against it, yet they play the bully often and overly impose their power on people who woń significantly impact their cash flow.

I think it is ed that players can't sign endorsement and retain their amateur status. The schools have a deal the coaches have a deal but no deal for the labor!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom