Has Bilas commented on the officiating? | Syracusefan.com

Has Bilas commented on the officiating?

pfister1

2023-24 Iggy Winner ACC & OOC Record
I'd be interested to hear his view.

he tweeted that the triche charge call was BS at the time

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

He commented that there were alot of fouls called in the game but didn't make any judgment about it. By his tone though you could tell what he meant behind the words.

Bilas was on the Charlie Rose PBS show a few nights ago. He made it a point to strongly suggest that officiating was ruining the college game.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't step forward and use last night's game as a prime example.

If anyone's interested in seeing the approximately 10 minute Charlie Rose segment here's the link.

http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/12251

Bilas HATES officials. Every chance he gets on GameDay he rants about how they try to be the show, gesticulate like crazy, etc. I think we can all guess what his thoughts on the refs last night wound be.

Is Gottlieb the only one who has given his thoughts? I've been avoiding ESPN all day.

Bilas HATES officials. Every chance he gets on GameDay he rants about how they try to be the show, gesticulate like crazy, etc. I think we can all guess what his thoughts on the refs last night wound be.

Is Gottlieb the only one who has given his thoughts? I've been avoiding ESPN all day.
Digger was full of joy and loving every minute of highlights from our game ... that was enough for me

Obviously, we can sit and complain all day (and into tomorrow) about the quality of the officials and the role they played re: the flow of the game.

One thing that was really bothersome though is the amount of jabbering that was going on with the refs and the players. Not sure how much of that was caught on TV because it was often behind the play and the ball but I have never seen so much "interaction" between the officials and the players.

It was very similar to MLB umpires who will seek out confrontation and continue the argument which, for the most part, is crazy. Heat of the moment, high pressure situations with some controversial calls...I did not drive to Boston to see the refs constantly flapping their gums after making a call.

Not a shock at all to see Boeheim get T'd up considering this interaction shows that they were a little "sensitive" about the in-game criticism last night.

SUOrange44

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom