Hate to say it. | Syracusefan.com

Hate to say it.

s

• s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • s

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
No. The fact Brandon waited until there was 58 seconds left to go the basket at will is a much bigger reason. Same with Big Game James disappearance. Yes that BS call against MCW hurt like heck, but it should never have come down to that.

Great shooting by Michigan in the first half. That won them this game. Well done.

The Charge on Triche and the Block on MCW cost us plenty and prevented us from finishing our comeback. Two blown calls by officials helped cost us the game.

They were fairly far down the list that caused us to lose to an inferior team today. We should have beaten this team handily, and I can't figure out how we had so much go wrong in this game all at once.

Michigan wasn't inferior. Just as good if not better then SU. That's why this loss isn't so bad.

No. The fact Brandon waited until there was 58 seconds left to go the basket at will is a much bigger reason. Same with Big Game James disappearance. Yes that BS call against MCW hurt like heck, but it should never have come down to that.

100% correct.

Eh, who knows if we win, but the What level at the end was off the charts.
Yeah, well said. REALLY WEIRD ending.

Like, I'm not about to go all conspiracy theory, but... I'm fairly unsettled.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Great shooting by Michigan in the first half. That won them this game. Well done.

This offensive drought in the 1st half put SU too far behind the 8-ball

from 15-14 Michigan

10:19Michael Carter-Williams missed Three Point Jumper.
10:14Trevor Cooney made Three Point Jumper. Assisted by Rakeem Christmas.
9:21Michael Carter-Williams Turnover.
8:37James Southerland missed Jumper.
7:59Trevor Cooney missed Three Point Jumper.
7:33C.J. Fair missed Jumper.
6:54C.J. Fair missed Jumper.
6:08Brandon Triche made Jumper. Assisted by C.J. Fair.
5:18Michael Carter-Williams missed Layup.
5:18Rakeem Christmas made Tip Shot.
4:21Rakeem Christmas missed Free Throw.
4:21Rakeem Christmas missed Free Throw.
3:07Brandon Triche missed Three Point Jumper.
2:34Michael Carter-Williams Turnover.

to 30-21 Michigan

Sure, a few calls did not go the Cuse's way but that first half was the reason we were in that position. Refs did not cost us the game.

Anybody think we still lose that game if ref makes correct call on MCW fourth foul?
I think we win if they make the call for us. I also think we win if they called a block on that Triche play.

But we put ourselves in that terrible position. No one could do anything offensively except Fair until pretty much the last 2 minutes, thats why we lost. If Southerland hit 2 or 3 of those 3s during the course of the game we probably win.

Michigan put themselves in a far worse position vs Kansas. Per Ken Pomeroy they had a .6% chance of winning playing defense down 10 with 2:30 left. I don't think that means Kansas deserved to get every call in the last 2minutes but that's me.

Posted this in another ref thread:

Refs are human and just as likely to be thin-skinned and petty as anybody else.

All year I've watched MCW gesticulate & complain about calls that weren't in his favor and feel that those moments certainly contribute to not getting 50/50 calls down the stretch.

That awful blown call for MCW's fourth foul just stank of retribution for all of the arm waving melodramatic reactions by MCW.

Hopefully as MCW grows in his professional career he figures out a better way to work officials.

But ref's cost us that game.

No, what killed our chances of playing Monday night was we didn't step up. We didn't do what a championship team does. The 2003 team would have found a way to win this game. That is something this team has failed to do this year.

No, what killed our chances of playing Monday night was we didn't step up. We didn't do what a championship team does. The 2003 team would have found a way to win this game. That is something this team has failed to do this year.
We weren't built for comebacks, we've pretty much led the entire tournament.

We weren't built for comebacks, we've pretty much led the entire tournament.

You missed my point. They should never have had to make a come back last night. They did not step up!

Posted this in another ref thread:

Refs are human and just as likely to be thin-skinned and petty as anybody else.

All year I've watched MCW gesticulate & complain about calls that weren't in his favor and feel that those moments certainly contribute to not getting 50/50 calls down the stretch.

That awful blown call for MCW's fourth foul just stank of retribution for all of the arm waving melodramatic reactions by MCW.

Hopefully as MCW grows in his professional career he figures out a better way to work officials.
But then why screw over Brandon? What did he possibly do to these guys?

I think we win if they make the call for us. I also think we win if they called a block on that Triche play.

So what you are saying is that two bad calls in the last two minutes helped cost us the game? I agree. The fact we weren't up 10 - 15 was a result of our bad play and some dumb luck.

The fact that we weren't able to come back and finish off an inferior team was in large part due to two very bad calls by officials that cost us two possessions and a two shot foul. While we wasted a lot of our possessions, the chance of getting some points in those two possessions and the two shot foul was very large. Plus, the two possessions netted Michigan their margin of victory. If we were playing at Kentucky, with SEC officials, I would absolutely be calling a fix. However, this was probably just bad officiating.

Although... Apparently the same official made all the bad calls on Block/Charge in this game, and all of them for Michigan.

Amazing analysis. I would have never thought of that interpretation as the reason for losing. Nor would most others frankly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom