Have a GREAT Year !! | Syracusefan.com

Have a GREAT Year !!

Thanks guys, best of luck to the Fairchild family too. Hope to see you guys at a tailgate some day. You are always welcome to hang with the Fine Lot gang...

We just wanted to wish you all great success this year and hopes for another bowl season. We miss you all wish SU nothing but the best..

Go Oranage !

Jerry and Trey Fairchild

Thanks Jerry. Our best to all of you.

Trey is listed as a senior this season at Otterbein University (D-III) in Ohio. Went from SU to Eastern Kentucky to Otterbein. Made 39 receptions last season in 10 games.

He has two years left, including this year. As most of you know Trey has battled many things over the past 3 years, injuries being the biggest hurdle. He had another shoulder surgery in April of 2010 and had a severe issue with his quad. He was not allowed to run or lift leading into last season until about 1 week before camp.

He did have 39 catches for 538 yards and 6 TD's, acceptable for not having any preseason workouts but not up to the standard he expects...He is in better shape this year and has some speed back. Finally got back to his sub 4.4 speed and actually did 13 reps at 225...so he is hoping for an improved year from last year since he has been able to work out more. It is tougher however at a small school not having the resources. So he worked and paid for his own speed training.

He loves the Bein and the coaches are top notch,but feels he made a mistake leaving SU. That being said he is embracing his future with the Cardinals (my alma mater) and is happy with where he has landed. The people on here are amazing and his goals are still high. Thank you for the well wishes !

Jerry, all the best to you and Trey. I wish him well this year, and good luck to you as well.

By the way, you probably remember me from TOS message boards.

I wish we'd gotten to see Trey in Orange, but I'm thrilled to hear he's doing well and you folks are still supporting SU. Best of luck to him this year!

So glad you stopped by and posted. Please keep us up to date on how Trey does during the season.

Thanks Jerry & BEST Wishes to you, Trey and your family now and going forward. I remember watching those high school videos on the field with the clover like it was yesterday. I am going to search them and watch again - great highlights.

Jerry gald to see Trey is persevering and that both of you are still thinking of us. I remember watching his highlight tapes and looking forward to seeing him demonstrate them in person. Life sometimes takes us down unexpected paths that lead us to the road of succuss. Each and everyone of us are rooting for Trey, please give us updates from time to time. As I recall you had a pretty good gymnast in Trey's sister Hailey. Didn't she go to West Virginia on scholly?

Its difficult to go through the surgeries and rehab to keep playing. I assume its additionally difficult when you don't have the attention and resources you would receive at a bigger Football school. I don't think I could have done it. I give Trey a ton of credit for pursuing his football career for as far as his ability can take him. I hope to see him playing on Sundays someday, but I think its pretty safe to say that he'll be successful in life whether its with football or without.

Its difficult to go through the surgeries and rehab to keep playing. I assume its additionally difficult when you don't have the attention and resources you would receive at a bigger Football school. I don't think I could have done it. I give Trey a ton of credit for pursuing his football career for as far as his ability can take him. I hope to see him playing on Sundays someday, but I think its pretty safe to say that he'll be successful in life whether its with football or without.

I appreciate that. He does want to purse a career in football and God willing he will get the chance, if not, I think he is looking to get into the FBI.

Orangeyes, Yes Hailey was at WVU for gymnastics but also had a tough back injury. At first she decided to just concentrate on school but now a year later has transferred to OSU will compete at the club level, go to school and coach the optional levels at her old gym.

He has two years left, including this year. As most of you know Trey has battled many things over the past 3 years, injuries being the biggest hurdle. He had another shoulder surgery in April of 2010 and had a severe issue with his quad. He was not allowed to run or lift leading into last season until about 1 week before camp.

He did have 39 catches for 538 yards and 6 TD's, acceptable for not having any preseason workouts but not up to the standard he expects...He is in better shape this year and has some speed back. Finally got back to his sub 4.4 speed and actually did 13 reps at 225...so he is hoping for an improved year from last year since he has been able to work out more. It is tougher however at a small school not having the resources. So he worked and paid for his own speed training.

He loves the Bein and the coaches are top notch,but feels he made a mistake leaving SU. That being said he is embracing his future with the Cardinals (my alma mater) and is happy with where he has landed. The people on here are amazing and his goals are still high. Thank you for the well wishes !
Jerry you and Trey are definitely missed here at Syracuse and on these boards. Wishing you both nothing but the best and as others have said you are always welcome back!!!

Jerry, you are and long have been a class act.

Be assured that the SU football community will always be Fairchild fans.

Thanks for all the kind words. I will keep you all updated if you like. I don't want to presume however that it is as overly important to you as it is me, but if you are interested it would be my pleasure to share how the season goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom