Have fun with this nugget | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Have fun with this nugget

Perception is reality my friend. The truth is, they are 4-0, we are 1-3. No one remembers the Lynn PI call vs NW, no one remembers we "hung around" with USC, they do recall getting us getting spanked by a medicore Minnesota team. They look us up on the net and they see 1-3. RU went to Arkansas and beat an SEC team on the road, yes they were reeling, but who cares.

Have you seen their commitments for this year? If i take my orange colored glasses off, they are doing pretty fantastic all things considered.

I have had that Oct 13 game marked on my calender for a long time. But after the Minny loss, I am wavering. I really dont want to waste my time or money to see them get spanked by RU especially if we get beat by Pitt. Call me what you want, but thats the honest truth.
thankfully someone who realizes that there is a world outside the city limits---been out recruiting us ---big time for years----

thankfully someone who realizes that there is a world outside the city limits---been out recruiting us ---big time for years----

LOL .. how is that 5 star running back working out for them?

2-1 ... do you know what that is ... Marrone's record vs Rutgers ... RU needs to win this year just to get back to .500 against Marrone ... playtime is over for RU ... they haven't separated themselves enough from SU and now SU is catching back up and will soon surpass them ... its only a matter of time. Its easy to take a bunch of 3 stars and beat Howard ... try doing it against USC ... You want to measure success by wins and losses then why haven't they blown us away the last 3 seasons with all these stellar recruits? Heck we should be 3-0 against them for all intents and purposes ... if we were to swap schedules with RU you can bet we can pretty much swap records too ...

The truth is hard to accept sometimes for some folks. We have been living on History and Tradition for FAR too long. It will be 15 YEARS since McNabb through a Pass in the dome!! We should all be thankfull that we were thrown a life preserver by the ACC, that will buy us more time. But honestly, we cant compete with the lowly BE, and somehow everything is going to click when FSU, Clemson and co come to the dome?

All that being said, we HAVE to invest money into the program. Facilities Facilities Facilities. We have to level the playing field. Again, we arent even comparable to our lowly BE teams, yet we are going to compete with FSU clemson etc? Have you seen Wakes facilities? GaTech? UVA? UMD?

I PRAY for a win against Pitt and RU. That way Dr Gross can extend Marrone and he can then pitch to kids that he will be around for the long haul. The truth of the matter is we CAN NOT afford to start over again. We just can't. Unless you get Gruden (which is NOT HAPPENING) or the like. If marrone doesnt get an extension, the negative recruiting will snowball and then lame duck starts getting thrown around and well you know what happpens then.

But I have hope, it seems to be he is learning on the job, and changing ways. This isnt the NFL. He has been VERY critical of himself. Perhaps some assistants have had other ideas, strategies etc and now he will listen.

Lets open this up, we play on turf in a dome. We should be running 5 wide sets and passing on every freaking play. It made me sick reading that air raid article someone posted yesterday.

A good scheme allows you to keep up with lesser talent.

LOL .. how is that 5 star running back working out for them?

2-1 ... do you know what that is ... Marrone's record vs Rutgers ... RU needs to win this year just to get back to .500 against Marrone ... playtime is over for RU ... they haven't separated themselves enough from SU and now SU is catching back up and will soon surpass them ... its only a matter of time. Its easy to take a bunch of 3 stars and beat Howard ... try doing it against USC ... You want to measure success by wins and losses then why haven't they blown us away the last 3 seasons with all these stellar recruits? Heck we should be 3-0 against them for all intents and purposes ... if we were to swap schedules with RU you can bet we can pretty much swap records too ...

Well the nice thing about a true round robin conference like the big east is that SU has a chance to prove that. Now is the time.

Rutgers is hosting 300 - repeat, 300 - recruits for the UConn game this Saturday.

Is that a good thing for Rutgers? One of the things about recruiting is to give a kid special attention...make him feel wanted. With 299 others, that may water things down a bit. Is that really even true...the 300 ?

Is that a good thing for Rutgers? One of the things about recruiting is to give a kid special attention...make him feel wanted. With 299 others, that may water things down a bit. Is that really even true...the 300 ?
filtering process---see who comes

Over a decade? Umm, no.

Since 2000 which team has the better record? We have 3 winning seasons and 2 .500 seasons in that time frame. Rutgers has 6 winning seasons. Granted they play a different schedule of patsies but their record is better. In the end based on your posts I think we are arguing the same thing. Their record is better but they do not really play anyone and will continue to fall into the abyss of irrelevance.

Since 2000 which team has the better record? We have 3 winning seasons and 2 .500 seasons in that time frame. Rutgers has 6 winning seasons. Granted they play a different schedule of patsies but their record is better. In the end based on your posts I think we are arguing the same thing. Their record is better but they do not really play anyone and will continue to fall into the abyss of irrelevance.

Just put in the big east records...heck even get rid of grob and see how rutgers has done vs the same exact competition.

last i knew top 25 is not irrelevant-----its all about w-l,there is no asterisk after their ranking saying howard,tulane etc.the only abyss i see is us for years---denial is dangerous thing.

last i knew top 25 is not irrelevant-----its all about w-l,there is no asterisk after their ranking saying howard,tulane etc.the only abyss i see is us for years---denial is dangerous thing.

I plagerized this from the UConn board ... It puts the RU "4 and O" in perspective and shows you just how little thought goes into voting for teams outside the Top 10.

" I think it would be hard to find a school in D1/FBS with a weaker strength of schedule so far. Their opponents are a combined 1-11 against FBS schools. The one FBS win was USF by one over Nevada (not exactly a powerhouse).
  1. Tulane (W24-12) is 0-4 with their closest loss being a 12 point loss to Rutty. Other notable losses include 53 point loss to Louisiana-Monroe and 35 point loss to Tulsa.
  2. Howard (W26-0) is 3-1 with all 3 wins coming against other FCS schools
  3. USF (W23-13) USF is 2-3 with its 2 wins coming against Nevada(FBS) by 1 and Chattanooga (FCS)
  4. Ark (W35-26) Ark is currently 1-4 and with their only win coming against Jacksonville St. (FCS)"
It puts me in mind of the Seinfeld episode in which Kramer is undefeated in his karate class. And Jerry is impressed until he finds out that the rest of the class is 8 year olds.

Rutgers football is largely a fraud. From the waiting list for season tickets to 15 years of the weakest schedule in the NCAA, it depends upon the ignorance of a six year old fan base. As SU fans, we know better.

Rutgers: 4-0
Schedule Strength: 145
Opponents Record: 6-12
Opponents FBS Record: 1-12 (Lone win was USF's late win against Nevada)

Syracuse: 1-3
Schedule Strength: 31
Opponents Record: 16-3
Opponents FBS Record: 11-3

If Syracuse performs to to their abilities, minimizes the mistakes, and stay healthy, they should still have an outside shot at the Big East title. Pugh's back, so the line problems should be solved on the right side. I was down after the Minnesota game, but I still have some optimism in me.

We should do this. Only because it would greatly improve our attendance #'s. Is it against NCAA rules to host 10,000 recruits for a game?

We should do this. Only because it would greatly improve our attendance #'s. Is it against NCAA rules to host 10,000 recruits for a game?
I believe the story I read said that 300 is the max, so Rutgers is hosting 300. And don't ask how the NCAA decided on 300.

Perception is reality my friend. The truth is, they are 4-0, we are 1-3. No one remembers the Lynn PI call vs NW, no one remembers we "hung around" with USC, they do recall getting us getting spanked by a medicore Minnesota team. They look us up on the net and they see 1-3. RU went to Arkansas and beat an SEC team on the road, yes they were reeling, but who cares.

Have you seen their commitments for this year? If i take my orange colored glasses off, they are doing pretty fantastic all things considered.

I have had that Oct 13 game marked on my calender for a long time. But after the Minny loss, I am wavering. I really dont want to waste my time or money to see them get spanked by RU especially if we get beat by Pitt. Call me what you want, but thats the honest truth.

Their commitments outside of 1 or 2 players look pretty average.

300 recruits is like saying attendance is 35K (paid) when actual is 18K. Rutgers invites full high school teams filled with freshman, sophomores, juniors, seniors etc. It’s good program exposure to do this. I’d invite 300 kids to the Syracuse Pitt game to if I could. But let’s not mistake 300 kids as in 300 D1 athletes. Probably most of their committed kids, a few uncommitted seniors they’re still after and probably a few D1 underclassmen. 99% of the 300 will never play a down of college football.

Nonetheless, they have the means and population base to invite that many kids; 10 NJ high school teams is 300 kids, good for them.

Rutgers: 4-0
Schedule Strength: 145
Opponents Record: 6-12
Opponents FBS Record: 1-12 (Lone win was USF's late win against Nevada)

Syracuse: 1-3
Schedule Strength: 31
Opponents Record: 16-3
Opponents FBS Record: 11-3

If Syracuse performs to to their abilities, minimizes the mistakes, and stay healthy, they should still have an outside shot at the Big East title. Pugh's back, so the line problems should be solved on the right side. I was down after the Minnesota game, but I still have some optimism in me.

It's not even an outside shot, it is a legit shot. We are starting our season on Friday night. We know what we do good, what we do bad and have had a week off to fine tune everything. The BE Champ was the main goal this year. We still have every opportunity to do that.

townie-do not disagree with analysis at all including the fan base.disagree with the perception. they have out recruited for sometime, as the program is seen as a winner, we are not.kids only see that and ru sells their program well. we have no presence in nj and that has hurt us in my opinion big time. i am thrilled that dm is getting nyc and li but we need to re-establish nj. yes much of the ru hx is a fraud however it has paid off off on the recruit trail. their vg facilities however are not fraudulent ---sure they are broke but they made it happen and despite the publicity, ther has been no consequences to their program other than lowering coaches salaries

tipp... their facilities are not worth talking about. Have you been to Rutgers stadium?

tipp... their facilities are not worth talking about. Have you been to Rutgers stadium?
the stadium is not that bad,the setting is great,the hale center is very,very nice etc etc--gives the impression of on campus event--been there 10-15 times or more

I plagerized this from the UConn board ... It puts the RU "4 and O" in perspective and shows you just how little thought goes into voting for teams outside the Top 10.

" I think it would be hard to find a school in D1/FBS with a weaker strength of schedule so far. Their opponents are a combined 1-11 against FBS schools. The one FBS win was USF by one over Nevada (not exactly a powerhouse).
  1. Tulane (W24-12) is 0-4 with their closest loss being a 12 point loss to Rutty. Other notable losses include 53 point loss to Louisiana-Monroe and 35 point loss to Tulsa.
  2. Howard (W26-0) is 3-1 with all 3 wins coming against other FCS schools
  3. USF (W23-13) USF is 2-3 with its 2 wins coming against Nevada(FBS) by 1 and Chattanooga (FCS)
  4. Ark (W35-26) Ark is currently 1-4 and with their only win coming against Jacksonville St. (FCS)"
It puts me in mind of the Seinfeld episode in which Kramer is undefeated in his karate class. And Jerry is impressed until he finds out that the rest of the class is 8 year olds.

Rutgers football is largely a fraud. From the waiting list for season tickets to 15 years of the weakest schedule in the NCAA, it depends upon the ignorance of a six year old fan base. As SU fans, we know better.

This is silly.

You can play the same game with just about every team in the country. Let's take USC since this was an opponent.

1. Hawaii (W 49-10) is 1-3 with its lone victory being over a team called (1AA or worse)Lamar. Their losses include a 69-24 loss to Nevada and a 47-0 loss to BYU.
2. Syracuse (W 42-29) is 1-3 with its lone victory over 1AA Stony Brook, a game they were losing at the half.
3. Stanford (L 21-14) is 3-1 with its other victories over mighty Duke and San Jose State. Stanford lost to Washington who was missing half its offense.
4. Cal (W 27-9) is 1-4 with it's lone victory being over Southern Utah.

So USC has three wins and the combined record of those opponents is 3 and 13. Those three wins are against Lamar, Stony Brook and Southern Utah.

This is silly.

You can play the same game with just about every team in the country. Let's take USC.

1. Hawaii (W 49-10) is 1-3 with its lone victory being over a team called (1AA or worse)Lamar. They're losses include a 69-24 loss to Nevada and a 47-0 loss to BYU.
2. Syracuse (W 42-29) is 1-3 with its lone victory over 1AA Stony Brook, a game they were losing at the half.
3. Stanford (L 21-14) is 3-1 with its other victories over mighty Duke and San Jose State. Stanford lost to Washington who was missing half its offense.
4. Cal (W 27-9) is 1-4 with it's lone victory being over Southern Utah.

So USC has three wins and the combined record of those opponents is 3 and 13. Those three wins are against Lamar, Stony Brook and Southern Utah.
az knight--please do not enter in this discussion and embarass yourself the ru ooc scheduel for years has been a joke---townie is right about the fraudulent hx---

Been there many times. What's wrong with it?

az knight--please do not enter in this discussion and embarass yourself the ru ooc scheduel for years has been a joke---townie is right about the fraudulent hx---

I'm not gloating about our schedule but I won't apologize for winning road games at Arkansas or USF to start the year.

I'm not gloating about our schedule but I won't apologize for winning road games at Arkansas or USF to start the year.

At Arkansas doesn't quite hold the same standard as in year's past. That program is in shambles right now thanks to our former LVille friend Petrino.

In year's past, Rutgers is infamous for their challenging OOC schedule.

Good lord I can't wait until next Saturday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom