Have fun with this nugget | Syracusefan.com

Have fun with this nugget

cuseguy

Living Legend
Rutgers is hosting 300 - repeat, 300 - recruits for the UConn game this Saturday.

ACC...ACC...ACC...ACC...ACC...ACC...ACC...

They have a full staff in a recruiting office. Ir isn't just the coaches. Its full and part time hires ans students behind the scenes. They do mass mailings out the ying yang. They just flood kids with stuff, especially the ones they are really targeting. We should do the same.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

We should do the same.

But, but, they're Rutgers?

...and i am wondering if we get two bball players to come to madness...and rutgirls get how many recruits to a football game...geez...now i will go have a jack & coke.

That's alot of helicopter rides. I wonder if they all get a piece of wood to chop as a souvenir?

They heard Snookie was going to be doing the coin toss and just had to be there.

This is what happens when you win consistently.

Now, I realize that Rutgers has been better than us for over a decade, but what exactly have they ever won? Hands down their best season ever ended in a Texas Bowl win against a 7-6 K State team. We've played K State in the Fiesta Bowl. We lost, but atleast it was the Fiesta Bowl. The Texas Bowl sounds like a made up bowl out of a 1980s video game. A quick scan of the internet (interweb for baby boomers) shows they other teams they have defeated in bowls are Ball State, NC State, Iowa State and presumably UCF (State). But who could forget their regular season defeat of Howard. Or the other crap teams on the schedule. They have won nothing. They will continue to win nothing that matters as the flagship school of the SunBeast.

Another Rutgers post? Awesome. Hopefully these die when we move to the ACC? Maybe we can go back to hating real schools like Tech and BC. I sure hope so.

Honestly, who cares if they host 300 recruits. They can't sign em all. And as it becomes clear to their recruits that they will be playing games against SMU and Memphis, their recruiting will take a major hit. Its taken a hit already to this point (comparatively).

Oh yea, and Rutgers with all of their self-proclaimed (and some on this boards) unbelievable recruiting over the last 5 years has NEVER WON ANYTHING.

This is what happens when you win consistently.

So they've got you fooled too. Win consistently? Good lord have our standards fallen if a school like Rutgers is the poster boy for consistent winning. They've had the same formula since '06. Beat 4 out of 5 tin cans OOC (usually lose to the 1 real team they play), win 3 or 4 games in conference.

So they've got you fooled too. Win consistently? Good lord have our standards fallen if a school like Rutgers is the poster boy for consistent winning. They've had the same formula since '06. Beat 4 out of 5 tin cans OOC (usually lose to the 1 real team they play), win 3 or 4 games in conference.

Because kids don't look at things like that in many cases. We are not ND but yet schedule the same way and not recruiting even close to ND's. These kids see SU lose and that's all they see and it's few and far between the ones that don't. While Rutgers is getting a chance to play their subs and rest their starters SU is battling to stay even with AQ teams, very good AQ teams and getting beat up and developing no depth because the bench doesn't get a chance to play in the games.

Let's look at it another way. The kids are working hard all off season and during the season they are on the 2nd or 3rd team. No blow outs mean no playing time and yes, it is disheartening and some lose the focus a bit. Add to that you're losing and thinking I should be playing and now you have some problems with the rank and file.

People see your record and the golly gee whiz we're a heck of a 1-3 team just doesn't do it for recruits.

Perception is reality my friend. The truth is, they are 4-0, we are 1-3. No one remembers the Lynn PI call vs NW, no one remembers we "hung around" with USC, they do recall getting us getting spanked by a medicore Minnesota team. They look us up on the net and they see 1-3. RU went to Arkansas and beat an SEC team on the road, yes they were reeling, but who cares.

Have you seen their commitments for this year? If i take my orange colored glasses off, they are doing pretty fantastic all things considered.

I have had that Oct 13 game marked on my calender for a long time. But after the Minny loss, I am wavering. I really dont want to waste my time or money to see them get spanked by RU especially if we get beat by Pitt. Call me what you want, but thats the honest truth.

Perception is reality my friend. The truth is, they are 4-0, we are 1-3. No one remembers the Lynn PI call vs NW, no one remembers we "hung around" with USC, they do recall getting us getting spanked by a medicore Minnesota team. They look us up on the net and they see 1-3. RU went to Arkansas and beat an SEC team on the road, yes they were reeling, but who cares.

Have you seen their commitments for this year? If i take my orange colored glasses off, they are doing pretty fantastic all things considered.

I have had that Oct 13 game marked on my calender for a long time. But after the Minny loss, I am wavering. I really dont want to waste my time or money to see them get spanked by RU especially if we get beat by Pitt. Call me what you want, but thats the honest truth.

Spanked by RU? Is Grob our coach again? You, along with a bunch of others on this board, have a REALLY inflated view of Rutgers and their program. As I've said, they have people like you (and their entire fan base) completely fooled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom