Have we ever had a lineup where all 5 starters could go for 20? | Syracusefan.com

Have we ever had a lineup where all 5 starters could go for 20?

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
I don't recall ever having a lineup with so many options on a given night. Just need to not around on offense and rebound decently on Defense and we can beat anyone.

2000 the starters were Hart, Bland, Damone, Blackwell, Etan. Shumpert played more minutes than Bland and was more likely to go for 20.

I think we had eight game high scorers that season.

More recently, I'm sure all starters and Scoop and Kris scored at least 20 in a game in 2010.

The players are also diverse with their offensive skills as well. Most have multiple scoring skills. And I love that they are deadly from the free throw line. Now, if any of them could learn to feed the post, the offense would be nearly unstoppable.

Surprised (but also not surprised) to see that Jason Hart never scored 20 as a senior. That's part of the reason the team improved so much that year - more distribution to efficient scorers, fewer 4-16 shooting nights from our point guard.

Last year, we had 5 guys go for 20 in a game (Roberson had 20 vs Elon early).
We had 5 hit 20 in 11-12
We had 6 do it in 09-10, all 5 starters and Joseph
We had 5 do it during the championship season
We had 6 do it in 99-00, and J Hart had 18 a few times.
We had 5 do it in 96-97

We had 5 hit 20 in 11-12
We had 5 do it in 96-97

Seven in 2010 - Scoop had 20+ early on against Cal and did it at least once more, I think.

And here's where we get really nitpicky: Hart had 19 against LaSalle in 1999-2000; he was game high scorer that night and a couple other games. (Griffin's 14 was best among teammates against Michigan State.)

Had 5 guys do it in 2008, too, noteworthy because we had a pretty short roster. Somehow they couldn't make it happen the next year, not enough touches for Onuaku.

Interesting stuff, but I don't think Roberson is considered an Offensive threat.
We had 5 hit 20 in 11-12
We had 5 do it in 96-97

Seven in 2010 - Scoop had 20+ early on against Cal and did it at least once more, I think.

And here's where we get really nitpicky: Hart had 19 against LaSalle in 1999-2000; he was game high scorer that night and a couple other games. (Griffin's 14 was best among teammates against Michigan State.)

Had 5 guys do it in 2008, too, noteworthy because we had a pretty short roster. Somehow they couldn't make it happen the next year, not enough touches for Onuaku.

09-10 is the best comp since the late 80s/early 90s completely loaded teams. 09-10 was waaaay more consistent and a much, much better team, but this is probably the most dangerous offensive team in terms of all five starters since that group

The 2009-2010 team had 7 players score 20 or more points in a game during the season. Scoop, Andy Rautins, Wes Johnson, Arinze Onuaku, Brandon Triche, Kris Joseph and Rick Jackson. Wes and Andy led the way in scoring 20+ games.

Good players can go off for 20 on any given night, great players go for 15 every single night.

Good players can go off for 20 on any given night, great players go for 15 every single night.

Uh, NOBODY goes for 15 every single night.

So, yes we have a bunch of dudes who can go for 20 on any given night, but we also seemingly have a bunch of dudes who can't create their own shot at all. This team has been a paradox to me... we have a lot of great shooters but we go through long stretches of the game where we can't score. And the reason for that is because outside of Gillon and Battle no one can create for themselves or anyone else. So when Gillon has one of his rough patches where he struggles to get by his man and when Battle was hurt/sick our offense goes bye bye.

For this team to win Gillon and Battle need to constantly push the pace so that we don't get stuck in half court sets.

1988-89 team (maybe best ever) with Coleman, Owens, Douglas, Roe, and Stevie Thompson. Lost to Illinois in Midwest Regional final.
Watching that video yesterday I still can't comprehend how those teams lost so many games

The 2009-2010 team had 7 players score 20 or more points in a game during the season. Scoop, Andy Rautins, Wes Johnson, Arinze Onuaku, Brandon Triche, Kris Joseph and Rick Jackson. Wes and Andy led the way in scoring 20+ games.

This might be my favorite team all-time. Arinze going down with an injury hurt me so much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom