HE GONE...... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

HE GONE......

I know I said I was done, but your lack of ability to comprehend leaves me no choice. Tell me please. WHERE DID I SAY HE WAS A GOOD RECRUITER???????? Are you a syracuse.com poster? You seem like it. Looking to pick fights with anyone and everyone. A little research on your activity clearly proves that. That said, Dungey, Cordy. Custis, Zaire, Paris... Now run along and pick a fight with someone else young man.
When you have Ish on your side I feel good being on the other side.

I don’t pick fights you responded to my post I could careless to respond to your post at first. I will say this again though because it’s the truth Scott Shafer was a terrible hire and is the reason this program is in the hole it is right now.

Hiring Scott Shafer was a cheap hire by Gross and we got what we paid for. Bad recruiting, horrible in game
Coaching, and apathy in our fanbase.

You posting 5 players and thinking that proves he was better than he was is funny. I already posted Greg Robinson had good recruits.
Shafer’s upperclassmen across the board are the problem with the 2 deep now. Having a few good players wow.

Shafer wishes he could have recruited as well as Clawson.

Clawson has gotten a couple of 4 star commits and has had a clear majority 3 star recruits.

I wish Shafer could have delivered Clawson recruiting classes.
Ask Zeek Rodney.

Yes he did. I looove DINO and his offensive staff and hope they are here til the end of time!!! Thing is , dino needs to replace ish and Erv. 2 non recruits. And tell you the truth, i dont see the 2 receivers in Dinos 2 years of recruiting that are gonna replace these guys. Thought butler had a chance but not after that alligator arm performance last night. We are waaaaayyyyy too casual on this board about replacing ish and Erv as well as zaire and parris on D. All previous staff recruits. I know DINO has recruited lb talent , problem is that talent needs to hit home immediately next year.
Do you understand that this is college football? You see,players have to leave after their eligibility is up. Then what happens is guys that you don't know yet(but I do) play. Then they catch a lot of passes and you forgot how anxious you were that the other guys were leaving. There is 4 guys we brought in from last years class and 4 more good ones coming in next year. Guarantee you that of those 8, you're gonna be happy about 4 or 5 of them. The talent at that position is ridiculously better than the last 10 years. You are waaaaayyyyy too nervous about that position. It's stocked.

Yes, they were. Shafer brought in some talent, he just wasnt a great in Game HC.

AND...its gonna be interesting next year as to just WHO the replacements will be for Erv and ISH next year. The answers arent obvious.

When you have Ish on your side I feel good being on the other side.

I don’t pick fights you responded to my post I could careless to respond to your post at first. I will say this again though because it’s the truth Scott Shafer was a terrible hire and is the reason this program is in the hole it is right now.

Hiring Scott Shafer was a cheap hire by Gross and we got what we paid for. Bad recruiting, horrible in game
Coaching, and apathy in our fanbase.

You posting 5 players and thinking that proves he was better than he was is funny. I already posted Greg Robinson had good recruits.
Shafer’s upperclassmen across the board are the problem with the 2 deep now. Having a few good players wow.

LOL, wow.

Only on this board could a thread about Butch Jones get hijacked into an internet fight about a Syracuse coach fired two years ago. :rolleyes:
Sorry you moderators have enough crap but when someone comes at me and it involves Shafer it’s not fair.
Atleast it distracts from the Giants woes.

Shafer wishes he could have recruited as well as Clawson.

Clawson has gotten a couple of 4 star commits and has had a clear majority 3 star recruits.

I wish Shafer could have delivered Clawson recruiting classes.
To be fair, we haven't seen much from Babers HS recruits to this point. I know it hasn't been long, but guys like Ish, Erv, Zaire, Dungey produced in year 1. I'm not saying his recruits won't produce, but they haven't made much of an impact at all to this point. His biggest impact HS recruits to this point might be Moe Neal and Scoop and Shafer really got those guys. Trust me, I wanted Shafer gone and wanted Dino to replace him, but his recruits haven't done much yet (though I am excited about a few of them)

To be fair, we haven't seen much from Babers HS recruits to this point. I know it hasn't been long, but guys like Ish, Erv, Zaire, Dungey produced in year 1. I'm not saying his recruits won't produce, but they haven't made much of an impact at all to this point. His biggest impact HS recruits to this point might be Moe Neal and Scoop and Shafer really got those guys.

AMEN, TY. For the record i want DINO to retire as SU head FB coach. That said, where are the replacements for Ish and Erv next year as well as the same for Zaire and parris. People are quick to jump on the ignorant talent train after losses and question THAT the cupboard was enpty for Dino and we need 2 or 3 Dino classes to make an impact. BS. what happens next year, year 3 when its supposed to happen ?
Yes, it may happen but i don't see the slam dunk recruits at wr or LB for that matter.

To be fair, we haven't seen much from Babers HS recruits to this point. I know it hasn't been long, but guys like Ish, Erv, Zaire, Dungey produced in year 1. I'm not saying his recruits won't produce, but they haven't made much of an impact at all to this point. His biggest impact HS recruits to this point might be Moe Neal and Scoop and Shafer really got those guys. Trust me, I wanted Shafer gone and wanted Dino to replace him, but his recruits haven't done much yet (though I am excited about a few of them)
Alton Robinson this year.
AET last year have been the best players on the field.
Dino also has recruited our first ESPN 300 recruit in Tommy DeVito.
Our recruiting is clearly going up since Dino took over.

Yes, good point,a common thought, BUT, are you qualified to question?

I said HS recruits, possible 4 year guys. I do believe our recruiting has gone up some and think Devito will be great, but right now, it's all speculation and projection of how they will produce on the College level. No one who jumps out in that category yet based on their play on the field, with the possible exception of Mckinley Williams.

AMEN, TY. For the record i want DINO to retire as SU head FB coach. That said, where are the replacements for Ish and Erv next year as well as the same for Zaire and parris. People are quick to jump on the ignorant talent train after losses and question THAT the cupboard was enpty for Dino and we need 2 or 3 Dino classes to make an impact. BS. what happens next year, year 3 when its supposed to happen ?
Yes, it may happen but i don't see the slam dunk recruits at wr or LB for that matter.
I hope Hendrix will be the guy to replace Ish and Moe to replace Erv. Think we have some talented young LB's. Time will tell.

I said HS recruits, possible 4 year guys. I do believe our recruiting has gone up some and think Devito will be great, but right now, it's all speculation and projection of how they will produce on the College level. No one who jumps out in that category yet based on their play on the field, with the possible exception of Mckinley Williams.
So your talking about Freshman and Sophomores correct?
Kendall Coleman
Sean Riley
Have been solid.
I also think Chris Elmore has been fine.
By restricting this to only HS you leave out Pierce, Robinson, AET, Butler.

Babers is upticking our talent.

So your talking about Freshman and Sophomores correct?
Kendall Coleman
Sean Riley
Have been solid.
I also think Chris Elmore has been fine.
By restricting this to only HS you leave out Pierce, Robinson, AET, Butler.

Babers is upticking our talent.
I like the guys you mentioned, but they will generally just be here for a year or two. That's a good complement, but you need some good 4 year guys. As you mentioned, a few guys have been solid, but I don't think any of them have jumped out...yet

Fine by me you proved nothing but showed 3 players that don’t make a coach a good recruiter.
Shafer had maybe 5-8 players that were truly P5 talent hat could make a difference on the team.

Each class can be up to 25 kids, that is not a good ratio of talent...just saying.

Shafer had maybe 5-8 players that were truly P5 talent hat could make a difference on the team.

Each class can be up to 25 kids, that is not a good ratio of talent...just saying.
His biggest misses were at DE. Ealey and Sheppard getting themselves thrown out really left a gap.

Finally something we agree on. That said, you're the definition of troll. ;)

I have 27k posts and I am a troll?
More like I hated the Shafer Era with the passion of 1000 burning suns.
I love Dino.
Pretty sure he means this kind of troll:
d3c66fa60a910f9d629e8ddbc671c208--troll-party-troll-poppy-costume.jpg

And not this kind of troll:
troll.jpg

Yes he did. I looove DINO and his offensive staff and hope they are here til the end of time!!! Thing is , dino needs to replace ish and Erv. 2 non recruits. And tell you the truth, i dont see the 2 receivers in Dinos 2 years of recruiting that are gonna replace these guys. Thought butler had a chance but not after that alligator arm performance last night. We are waaaaayyyyy too casual on this board about replacing ish and Erv as well as zaire and parris on D. All previous staff recruits. I know DINO has recruited lb talent , problem is that talent needs to hit home immediately next year.

I think this post should be starred and filed with the "we don't have anyone like Etta Tawo" posts from last season.

Every collage team graduates players every year. Dino has shown that he understands player development and talent - and when he doesn't think it's good enough or developing fast enough - he goes out and finds the solution. We'll see in the offseason what he thinks he has where by any holes he plugs with JUCO or grad transfers. If he thinks he's got players that are good enough to start in the ACC or who will develop into those players - we'll see them on the two deep.

I can tell you one thing - the recruits Dino has grabbed are either higher rated or bigger or faster on the whole than Marrone/Shafer era.

I think this post should be starred and filed with the "we don't have anyone like Etta Tawo" posts from last season.

Every collage team graduates players every year. Dino has shown that he understands player development and talent - and when he doesn't think it's good enough or developing fast enough - he goes out and finds the solution. We'll see in the offseason what he thinks he has where by any holes he plugs with JUCO or grad transfers. If he thinks he's got players that are good enough to start in the ACC or who will develop into those players - we'll see them on the two deep.

I can tell you one thing - the recruits Dino has grabbed are either higher rated or bigger or faster on the whole than Marrone/Shafer era.

Agree 100%, I am not worried about the WR at all. Ish didn't do much last year, people weren't hand wringing about replacing him until this year. Guys will step up, this system gives them every opportunity to succeed. Erv is good but replaceable.. If the line and running game improve then even better as it looks like you should have 2 pretty good Qb's set to get the ball to playmakers as well.

when you listen to the coach i get the fealing he has a good idea on who he needed to get on the field this year and who he didnt. Ish, Butler, Custis all play about the same position, two will be back.. Phillips/Riley/Johnson play much the same and 2 will be back. So if 1-2 RS and 1-2 FR make the field next year it wouldnt surprise me, we probably see 5-6 guys splitting snaps instead of 1-2 taking 95%

You'll see.

I'll say it again: Everyone thought Ishmeal was going to tear up 2016. Going into the spring game, we didn't even have AET. Prior to being named a starter, no one thought anything at all about AET. The staff knows WR. They know how important a spot it is in the O. They know what they have. My confidence comes from that, 1000%. Unless you're in practice watching backups drop balls or unable to run routes - you have the same info as me - but are maybe underrating the staff's ability.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom