Hearing: | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Hearing:

Brisly Estime... kid will lead all of our WR's in touchdowns this year. He is that fast and that good. He was an absolute steal. Cant wait for everyone to see what he brings to the table.

It's always been a huge part of our offense whenever we've been good and will be this year since TE's usually serve as the safety blanket for QBs in a new system.

I think you are underestimating Parris; he's not a burner but on film he has good RAC ability and is a great athlete for his size.

No doubt I dont want to sell Parris short. I am looking forward to seeing what he and Batten can do on the field.

Brisly Estime... kid will lead all of our WR's in touchdowns this year. He is that fast and that good. He was an absolute steal. Cant wait for everyone to see what he brings to the table.

He won't get the PT to lead the team in TD's and may never be on the field in the red zone where speed is minimized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He won't get the PT to lead the team in TD's and may never be on the field in the red zone where speed is minimized.

you will see...
kid will be on the field a ton. he will also win our return job at some point, which will get him 1-4 more TDs.
I will stand by this comment and we can check in after the season.

NW game we also ran into some terrible officiating. Cincy game was winnable too and we had some questionable calls, especially that one on the goal line. Turrible.

i think we take that cinci game if reddish didn't botch that pick six. not blaming him for game but that was a huge play.

When was the last time SU had 4 return td's in a season (special teams and d)? I hope your predictions are as good as your avatar choices.

Sales did a very nice job last year but I don't think there is any question that Alec Lemon was the most reliable wr on the team.

Agree with this. There were several points last season where Nassib could just keep throwing to Lemon, because he was going to get open and catch everything.

I also think Kobena is being undervalued here. He started off great last year before getting hurt. IMHO Broyld will be a big factor. Now that he has a role, I think he can focus on his part and to have to think too much.

We did win at least two games on the last possession - our ability to throw effectively and efficiently was the difference between 7-5 and 5-7.

Marrone was basically two series from a losing season - pretty amazing that the margin for error at this level is so thin.

So, we better be more athletic and we better have more depth and we better play defense more effectively or this could be a tough season.

And a couple of bad calls from 9-3 (NW and Cinci).

Once Pugh came back AND they committed to the run it was a different team. Four of the five highest rushing totals in Marrone's four years here came in the second half of last season. 5th, Uconn (251); 3rd Temple (260), 2nd Louisville (278); 1st WVU (369).

Big parts of that run game are still here, and with either of the new QB's they can add more zone read to it.

And a couple of bad calls from 9-3 (NW and Cinci).

Once Pugh came back AND they committed to the run it was a different team. Four of the five highest rushing totals in Marrone's four years here came in the second half of last season. 5th, Uconn (251); 3rd Temple (260), 2nd Louisville (278); 1st WVU (369).

Big parts of that run game are still here, and with either of the new QB's they can add more zone read to it.

Yes, but the USF game and the Missouri game both came toward the end of the season - well after Pugh was back and well after the running game improved.

I agree on NW to an extent - I think our TOs that game hurt more than the bad call.

I disagree on Cincy - I think we were beaten in that game.

Hey, I'm with you on this Program - I am very excited about where we are headed, but I don't want to get too excited - we still have a long way to go.

I am pretty confident that Drew Allen will play well. I am less confident at the suspect positions - WR, DE and the right side of the OL.

you will see...
kid will be on the field a ton. he will also win our return job at some point, which will get him 1-4 more TDs.

You're on the clock now, friend! (Well in 11 days, that is.) Man, I would love to see you be right! ;)

Be forewarned TB: you are under scrutiny... :oops:

you will see...

Hey, maybe he will. But I just don't see him getting as much PT as 2-3 other WR's. we'll play 5-6 so he'll get on the field. Usually however when we get inside the 20 we tend to go with big WR's more because speed becomes less important.

No doubt I dont want to sell Parris short. I am looking forward to seeing what he and Batten can do on the field.

If you watched Parris in HS he is a line them up run them over blocking tight end ... calling him a possession TE is being generous to some extent. He is strong and powerful and a very good blocker. Definitely not a dynamic pass catcher unless they totally transformed his game.

I think the key to this season will be keeping our offensive line healthy. 1-7 we are very very good. If Hickey, and Foy/Knapp go down we could be in trouble.

I think the key to this season will be keeping our offensive line healthy. 1-7 we are very very good. If Hickey, and Foy/Knapp go down we could be in trouble.
No concerns on the starting right side? I'm not sure our right side will be quick enough to excel in pass protection.

No concerns on the starting right side? I'm not sure our right side will be quick enough to excel in pass protection.

I think Foy will be fine. If he is holding off Knapp the coaches must like him. Sure they could be grooming Knapp specifically for the left side once Hickey leaves, but I am sure if they didn't believe in Foy they would start him this season. Foy may not have quickness on his side, but that's where his size comes into play. I am expecting a lot of quick hitters in McDonald's offense, I don't think we will be seeing many pro style 7 step drops where you have count on extended pass protection.

I think Foy will be fine. If he is holding off Knapp the coaches must like him. Sure they could be grooming Knapp specifically for the left side once Hickey leaves, but I am sure if they didn't believe in Foy they would start him this season. Foy may not have quickness on his side, but that's where his size comes into play. I am expecting a lot of quick hitters in McDonald's offense, I don't think we will be seeing many pro style 7 step drops where you have count on extended pass protection.

Good post. I think a lot of slants. Hope we use a bubble screen, particularly with Estime and Broyld. Get them in open space and let them do some damage.

I'm concerned about RT - really the only position of concern for 2013 (again). I hope we don't have a repeat of last year. I really have a much deeper respect for the Oline after seeing the return of Justin Pugh to the line up.

Good post. I think a lot of slants. Hope we use a bubble screen, particularly with Estime and Broyld. Get them in open space and let them do some damage.

Agree. We do have some play makers, especially those 2. Also watch out for Cornelius, I think he may give us a few big plays this season. You also can't underestimate the importance of Beckett Wales. Sure there are questions with some of our WR's, but West, and Wales have been there, done that. Like you said though I am expecting a large dose of short, quick hitters. That will help alleviate the pass rush, and let our play makers go to work.

I'm concerned about RT - really the only position of concern for 2013 (again). I hope we don't have a repeat of last year. I really have a much deeper respect for the Oline after seeing the return of Justin Pugh to the line up.

I don't think it will be nearly as bad. It should help that Foy got some valuable game experience as a Freshman. From everything I have seen and heard his footwork has greatly improved, and he has transformed his body. Just as long as he is a serviceable we will be very good. Trudo/Hickey could end up >/ Pugh/Chibane

PSU is the most popular CFB program in metro NYC. I imagine it will at least be 2:1, probably worse.

I was disgusted by the turnout for the USC game last year, soured me on the entire MetLife arrangement. Now that we have big boy conference money rolling in I hope we can extricate from that deal ASAP.

This game should be a better barometer whether or not SU can at least compete in the crowd. I'm not defending it, but I think too many fans figured that we had absolutely no chance against USC, didn't belong on the field with them.

Penn State is a long time rival, and right now they should be considered much more beatable than USC last year at that time.

If this doesn't work, I guess we can blame Labor Day? Who knows. But the two against ND aren't going to be moved. So if we can't show up for those 2 games, then yeah, scrap the plan for the future.

10,000 - 15,000 orange clad people in MSG can turn that building upside down. 10,000 - 15,000 orange clad people in MetLife, and they'll be the very noticeable minority. If that's our ceiling, then the plan won't work.

I'm concerned about RT - really the only position of concern for 2013
I finally understand what you meant. Whew!

At first I thought you were referring to the player "RT" instead of the position "RT". Quite a difference.

NW game we also ran into some terrible officiating. Cincy game was winnable too and we had some questionable calls, especially that one on the goal line. Turrible.

Dropped a damn pick 6 too.

SU could have easily lost to Pitt, South Florida and Mizz last year... so sure if we caught a couple more breaks in a coulpe more games we could have been 10-2 or we could have won 4 games (no bowl win if we lose to USF, Mizz and Pitt in the regular season)...

Not trying to be negative, I think we have as deep a squad as we have had since Coach P, just being realistic. Rutgers had some drops too if I remember correctly, they could have beat us by multiple TD's.

Overall my opninion is other than Wanger and Tulane... we could lose to any team on the schedule... but I also honestly believe we can beat any team on the schedule... Florida State and Clemson will be tough-- but they aren't Bama or LSU good.

you will see...

Hope you're right. But curious where this optimism is coming from. Just a hunch or something more?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Hope you're right. But curious where this optimism is coming from. Just a hunch or something more?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

winning the return job is just a hunch. him being on the field alot is a given. well, unless we are way up in a game, then of course we will ground and pound.

this team will surprise people. I think we beat Penn State by 14+. Drew Allen is the real deal. We may lose to Northwestern, but when Clemson comes calling and we are 3-1 and the Dome is rocking (for once)... watch out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom