Heart, massive heart | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Heart, massive heart

As said before there are going to be ups and downs this season. Good final outcome. Red will be be able to leverage some lessons out this game for the players. Film review should be educational for the players.

It’s not 2011. It’s year 1 with Red. We were picked 9th in the ACC. Colgate is a tournament team. Red gets his 2 big recruits next year.

Let’s keep things in perspective
This is a resume win to you? It isn’t and wasn’t last year nor the year before.

I’m not sour on Reds future, sour on a lot of these players.

Red held his own against Langel who kept having his bigs dribble which made no sense. Maliq unsung hero. Only guy on the team who understands how to play D. Huge win. Lots of work to do. Benny and JJ need to be much better or we are in trouble.

Last edited:
It’s not 2011. It’s year 1 with Red. We were picked 9th in the ACC. Colgate is a tournament team. Red gets his 2 big recruits next year.

Let’s keep things in perspective
To be fair, Red got two great recruits this season, four if you count Mintz and Williams sticking around.

We'll see how his coaching turns out over the next few seasons. But we know he's a great recruiter already. In college coaches are their own GMs, they pick 'em and they have to go get 'em.

And talent is extremely important.

Copeland should not be shooting 3s. McLeod was getting killed inside by short and slow guys. He plays defense with his hands down or pushing at the opposition's chest. With such a huge height advantage, he can cause chaos just playing upright and hands up. Benny looked rusty - hope that's all it was. He's been around long enough and needs to man up.

Stop being a troll while we're enjoying an improbable comeback.

Part of the reason we're so stoked is because we didn't get another embarrassing L from these guys.

We get it :vomit:

When we beat Tennessee, you better shut up.

I couldn't figure out his strategy, if there was one.

I really wonder if he just wanted to let them win their way, like JB once upon a time against Lemoyne, and he didn't really start coaching until the second half.

That first half was a terrible coaching job. The second half, was better.

First half we looked like Boeheim was coaching. Looked exactly like how the team played against Colgate the last 2 years. Fortunately we didn’t just sit in zone and let them hit 8 more threes in the second half.

It’s being grumpy saying this team isn’t good? It took Bell to have a career game to eek this out, you think this is a 20 win team? Honestly.
Pfft...You ever hear of improving throughout a season? I mean you could see the improvement tonight from the 1st to 2nd half. If Westry comes back healthy you don't think they'll improve? This is coach Red's 3rd game as a head coach, you don't think he'll improve?

Just got back. Gonna crack a brew blaze a bleezy and read what I assume will be the greatest game thread of all time
Chris Bell

Ring that Bell - great performance!

SPLITSGPMINFG%3P%FT%REBASTBLKSTLPFTOPTS
This Game10.047.442.950.00.00.00.01.03.02.025.0

Agree. Once Westry is back we'll have the roster and depth to do it. Even without him we are probably OK. Might play Carey over McLeod when we spell Brown.
McLeod looks like a stiff out there...doesnt jump, slow and instead of putting a rebound back up he lookd to throw it out to someone ...go small with Brown...where is Hima?

It is absolutely a resume win. Colgate will likely win the Patriot League and be a tournament team. Wins against tourney teams and winners of any league looks good. This is college basketball in the year 2023, there is a lot of parity and good teams. Clearly our ceiling is lower than we were hoping, but a lot of name brand schools have played like crap against lesser competition so far this year.

Just got back. Gonna crack a brew blaze a bleezy and read what I assume will be the greatest game thread of all time
Oh you're in for a hell of a ride, especially being high. Enjoy what we've all created!

Oh yeah, try not to laugh so hard at some of the reactionary posts

Pfft...You ever hear of improving throughout a season? I mean you could see the improvement tonight from the 1st to 2nd half. If Westry comes back healthy you don't think they'll improve? This is coach Red's 3rd game as a head coach, you don't think he'll improve?
I have faith in Red, have zero faith in some of these players.

It is absolutely a resume win. Colgate will likely win the Patriot League and be a tournament team. Wins against tourney teams and winners of any league looks good. This is college basketball in the year 2023, there is a lot of parity and good teams. Clearly our ceiling is lower than we were hoping, but a lot of name brand schools have played like crap against lesser competition so far this year.
Sorry Colgate isn’t and never will be a resume builder.

It might not be a resume builder, but it would definitely have been a resume buster if we had lost. Given how we played most of the night, we might not even be in consideration in March. But if we are, at least we don't have Colgate as a bad loss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom