Hello from a first time Clemson visitor! | Syracusefan.com

Hello from a first time Clemson visitor!

TigerSmith

Walk On
Good morning, Syracuse fans! First time visitor to the state of New York here. I have enjoyed reading your board this week and am looking forward to this weekend. Based on comments from your coaches, players and fans my Tigers are clearly in a for a fight. This is how it should be. I look forward to meeting some of you while I'm in town.

Oh, in case you're bracing yourselves for hotels full of Clemson Tom look alikes this weekend, relax. Not going to happen. No one is really sure where he came from but most of us wish he would find his way back.

Welcome TigerSmith. Always nice to get good, classy opposing fans here. I think the level of opposition banter has indeed stepped up now that we are in a big time conference. Clemson is a tremendously good team. We know we have to be on our game to hang in there. I am optimistic we can make a go of it. Let's get it on!

Clemson Tom has a pretty large cult following actually. I'll give him this - he has made the most of shameless self promotion to stretch his fifteen minutes of fame into at least a half an hour. Believe it or not, some sports website (don't ask me which one) actually pays him to make those videos. Hey, if "Myrtle Beach Manor" can come back for a second season, Clemson Tom can win an Emmy. No one knows exactly what his connection to Clemson is. He claims to have played college and arena football but no one can find out where. It wasn't at Clemson.

Oh well, look for me Saturday after the game at Dinosaur BBQ. I'll be the one in the orange jacket ... with a southern accent.

Where is the Clemson Fan Tailgate?

There is a Clemson get together on friday night but not anything official on Saturday. I think most of us will be wandering around town before the game.

Oh well, look for me Saturday after the game at Dinosaur BBQ. I'll be the one in the orange jacket ... with a southern accent.

I normally do not "like" opposing fan threads but when you have done your research and have decided to spend time and money at our infamous biker/suit restaurant, I can "like" that. Any visiting fan should always go there to eat - it's an experience for sure!

Another famous food type popular here is our "white hot" hot dogs - try one of those while your here. Don't know if you can get them at the Dome or not though. Someone else here should know.

I normally do not "like" opposing fan threads but when you have done your research and have decided to spend time and money at our infamous biker/suit restaurant, I can "like" that. Any visiting fan should always go there to eat - it's an experience for sure!

Another famous food type popular here is our "white hot" hot dogs - try one of those while your here. Don't know if you can get them at the Dome or not though. Someone else here should know.

Coneys. Yes they are avail at the Dome.

Good morning, Syracuse fans! First time visitor to the state of New York here. I have enjoyed reading your board this week and am looking forward to this weekend. Based on comments from your coaches, players and fans my Tigers are clearly in a for a fight. This is how it should be. I look forward to meeting some of you while I'm in town.

Oh, in case you're bracing yourselves for hotels full of Clemson Tom look alikes this weekend, relax. Not going to happen. No one is really sure where he came from but most of us wish he would find his way back.
welcome

There is a Clemson get together on friday night but not anything official on Saturday. I think most of us will be wandering around town before the game.

Does Clemson still distribute those $2 bills with the tiger paw on them. I think that's one of the greatest promotions of all time.

I think I read that some Clemson fans are getting together at the Blue Tusk??? I think that's the name???

Does Clemson still distribute those $2 bills with the tiger paw on them. I think that's one of the greatest promotions of all time.
The tradition is waning due to $2 bills becoming harder to come by.

Welcome. Not too often you see any poster with more likes than posts!

The tradition is waning due to $2 bills becoming harder to come by.
You and TigerSmith are welcome to stop by the Fine Lot tailgate if you like. $5 gets you all the food and drink you can handle.

This is our board tailgate, it is on the corner of Raynor and Henry. We will be happy to show you some Northern hospitality!

If you go, you might want to park at the Dr Weeks Elementary School (416 E Raynor Ave) and walk up the hill on Castle St to get under I-81 and on track to the Dome. Our tailgate is right on the way up the hill to the Dome.

You and TigerSmith are welcome to stop by the Fine Lot tailgate if you like. $5 gets you all the food and drink you can handle.

This is our board tailgate, it is on the corner of Raynor and Henry. We will be happy to show you some Northern hospitality!

If you go, you might want to park at the Dr Weeks Elementary School (416 E Raynor Ave) and walk up the hill on Castle St to get under I-81 and on track to the Dome. Our tailgate is right on the way up the hill to the Dome.
It's 2 short blocks from the Dome and if you wear Orange you'll blend right in.

Be sure to make it to Armory Square and Dinosaur BBQ in downtown Syracuse. Then head over to Liverpool for a coney at Heid's. After the game go to The Varsity on Marshall Street which is right off campus to get some great pizza. Enjoy your visit to Syracuse. Can't wait to go to Clemson next year!!!

Nice to meet you! It is great meeting opposing fans who are classy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom