Here is what to look for... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Here is what to look for...

So the person who gave you this info knows you are sharing it on a fan forum, and is OK as long as names aren't mentioned?

Why would they care if names are mentioned, if nobody knows who you are, Dasher, or who your source is?

I'm not trying to be an -- I hardly think this question is ridiculous
Well you are being …

So the person who gave you this info knows you are sharing it on a fan forum, and is OK as long as names aren't mentioned?

Why would they care if names are mentioned, if nobody knows who you are, Dasher, or who your source is?

It actually is. I answered the question in a respectful manner. Just because you don't know who I am, others do. And the person that told me does, obviously. Would you rather I not tell you any information I come up with? If this is the only way I feel I can do it? I don't get paid for this. If what I can tell you isn't enough, that's fine. I try to help the board. I pay for Dean Francis site and have never once used it. All to help Syracuse fans. There are very few on this board that don't get what I am doing. But I honestly thought of not posting this just for this reason.

- hmmm...so no 3rd center? I find that surprising!

- I hope "a few different places" might mean europe/international - a lot of talent out there to be had!

- i predict kiyan and a friend haha

- i think the guard that got passed on was ken evans...odd decision, imo...but must mean they think they can get someone good
It wasn't Evens. But they weren't that impressed with him.

It's pretty obvious. If I put out the names, the person that told me would know that I was repeating exactly what he told me. Plus, I might put them in a tough spot. Just not worth the risk for me. I keep getting info because I am sensitive to that. If I go too far, I might kill the golden goose.

So it’s a ‘he’ who told you…. Interesting!

As far as this years recruiting, we are not done. We are looking for guys that will play for this team this year.
A guard and a forward. They might come from a few different places. I will let you guy's figure that out.
And as for next year's group, I would expect us to get two real good players in the next couple of months.
You already know their names. I don't know if we will go for a 3 person class. Might. But the days of 4 might
be behind us because if those kids don't play, they don't wait around and are on the next bus out of town. Oh, and there was a guard in the portal that some of us might have wanted. We passed on him. For a reason that I don't know.
my uninformed guess is that maybe one of the 2025 recruits reclassifies to 2024? And/or they find an international kid.

Last edited:

Because when names are mentioned word travels a lot faster. There's a reason we don't know the targets, if the people that have the info care to share it with Dasher, Jake and Bulldog (just to name a few) it would be incredibly irresponsible of them to name names and probably damage friendships and connections.

There is a reason you're the only one questioning Dashers message.

Last edited:
It actually is. I answered the question in a respectful manner. Just because you don't know who I am, others do. And the person that told me does, obviously. Would you rather I not tell you any information I come up with? If this is the only way I feel I can do it? I don't get paid for this. If what I can tell you isn't enough, that's fine. I try to help the board. I pay for Dean Francis site and have never once used it. All to help Syracuse fans. There are very few on this board that don't get what I am doing. But I honestly thought of not posting this just for this reason.
Why is your tone so combative? I'm asking questions

What is you major malfunction private pile?
Close Up GIF

Why is your tone so combative? I'm asking questions
My tone has been combative? It hasn't been. But I will tell you what every other person in this thread has tried to tell you in a bunch of different ways. You are out of line with your just asking questions. People that get information can't say who their sources are. They can't tell you anymore than what they tell you. Most here understand that. I tried very hard to tell you nicely in my last post to you. Since that is all I can tell you, once again, would you rather me just keep this stuff to myself?

As far as this years recruiting, we are not done. We are looking for guys that will play for this team this year.
A guard and a forward. They might come from a few different places. I will let you guy's figure that out.
And as for next year's group, I would expect us to get two real good players in the next couple of months.
You already know their names. I don't know if we will go for a 3 person class. Might. But the days of 4 might
be behind us because if those kids don't play, they don't wait around and are on the next bus out of town. Oh, and there was a guard in the portal that some of us might have wanted. We passed on him. For a reason that I don't know.
I’m just psyched about this info. Something to look forward to. So thank you, dasher, for sharing.

Steve Harvey Familyfeud GIF by ABC Network

My tone has been combative? It hasn't been. But I will tell you what every other person in this thread has tried to tell you in a bunch of different ways. You are out of line with your just asking questions. People that get information can't say who their sources are. They can't tell you anymore than what they tell you. Most here understand that. I tried very hard to tell you nicely in my last post to you. Since that is all I can tell you, once again, would you rather me just keep this stuff to myself?
The particular circumstances of your ability to relate information are unusual. How is it out of line to ask questions to seek an explanation?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom