Here's my best Sterling conspiracy theory | Syracusefan.com

Here's my best Sterling conspiracy theory

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
OK, so two big things have happened to increase the value of NBA franchises recently:

1, the league is operating under a CBA that greatly benefits owners.

2, the next NBA TV deal is going to be insane. (Excuse the source, i'm trying to slap this together quickly)

Evidence of this value increase can be seen by the record setting sale of the Milwaukee Bucks, a team that a) sucks, b) has no real history of note, c) is not in a great market and d) has a somewhat unsettled arena situation going forward. Every owner in the NBA could sell their franchise and make stupid money off of the deal.

So, there's a new Sheriff in town in Adam Silver. He's smart, likable, not David Stern. The league has a little bit of a problem - there's this stooge Sterling that is unsavory, cheap, and holding on to a franchise in a plum location in the NBA where the NFL does not have a presence. It sure would be nice if we could get rid of this guy.

Also, if we can get rid of this guy, who knows what type of valuation he would get for the Clippers. It would certainly have to be better than the Bucks, would set a new bench mark for NBA franchise value, and increase the value of every franchise in the league.

Hmm. If only there was a way to get this Sterling joker out.

Good news! Sterling's a ticking time bomb, if history suggests anything. We probably don't need to wait very long for him to do something really, really stupid. The new commish wants to make a statement, we want him out because he's horrible anyway, and hey, if he's out the value of our franchises will all increase.

Wait, you know what else? This dude is really, really old. He's probably reflecting on his life. His memories. I wonder if he's compiling anything anywhere about his life.

No, can't be. This is too perfect. This crazy old man is actually recording his life story with his mistress? That can't be. BUT IT IS. Wait, and there are weird issues with the family? Lawsuits from the wife to the mistress? I wonder what he's talking about.

Let's just see how this plays out, why don't we?

Oh. Oh my. This played out better than anyone could have hoped. He's a racist! A racist! We knew it all along, but holy cow! Oh man, people are pissed!

Get Silver on the line, dammit! I am outraged. OUTRAGED I SAY! As are sponsors! The fans! Players!

AMERICA WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS

profit

Since it is a conspiracy theory, here is my thought. Magic wants to own a team. He was linked to Sterling's girlfriend by a Instagram photo. Who says he could have encouraged the girlfriend to release the tapes? If Magic is owner or part owner of that franchise someday, it will be very interesting.

Sterling should move the team to Seattle. People would be conflicted after he moved a team back to such a deserving city.

The other, more comical, option would be he sells the team to the highest bidder but who has that kind of immediate cash? How about a Russian, Chinese or middle eastern oil sheikh! So out goes the bigot but in comes someone that makes the establishment even more uncomfortable. Can the owners veto the sale? Probably but if they do so they show their own bigotry towards foreigners/different races.

Nail on the head

the only problem, from the NBA's perspective, is that Sterling loves to take things into court, and he is going to try to tie this thing up forever.

and even when he is eventually forced to sell, I'll bet he never pays them the $2.5M

Nail on the head

the only problem, from the NBA's perspective, is that Sterling loves to take things into court, and he is going to try to tie this thing up forever.

and even when he is eventually forced to sell, I'll bet he never pays them the $2.5M
Yeah, I think Silver handed down this punishment now because it appeases the masses, but fully knowing that Sterling is going to tie things up in court until he dies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom