Hernandez officially charged with murder. Wow. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hernandez officially charged with murder. Wow.

How is it that this guy thinks he could possibly get away with something like this?

well if you seriously consider doing something like this, then getting away with it must not be out of the question either. i always crack up about comments like this. i feel like its putting the chicken before the egg.

Some people are just broken. No amount of money or success can change people in some cases. Looks like he kept things in line while he earned that big payday, and shortly thereafter lost his mind. I feel for the young man who lost his life, as well as his family. Interesting to see how some Pats fans seem more worried about the loss of another TE, and some fans of other teams are using this as message board fodder to make fun of the Patriots.

Human life should always trump anything sports related, and sadly some people seem to be missing that part.

P.S. this was in no way directed towards anyone on this board. I made the mistake of reading some other comments sections.

well if you seriously consider doing something like this, then getting away with it must not be out of the question either. i always crack up about comments like this. i feel like its putting the chicken before the egg.

Could he have honestly thought about it? I am sure Hernandez is no rhodes scholar but I have to think if your going to murder someone leaving there body in an open field unburied a mile from your house is probably not the game plan most would come up with.

Ladies and gentleman, they don't get any more stupid than this.
AND, they found a spent shell casing and his favorite type of gum (Blue Cotton candy Bubblicious - which I am sure there will be a run on in the coming days) in the rental car that he returned but the victim had been driving. s. m. h.

Ladies and gentleman, they don't get any more stupid than this. A tight end in the NFL playing with Brady, and you toss it out by murdering someone???

39165323.jpg

A great career, millions of dollars, and 2 young life's lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, I hate to selfishly bring this sort of thing back to Syracuse, but as noted in recent articles, guys like Shamarko grew up in very, very rough places and horrible situations and, unlike Hernandez, didn't succumb to the thug life. Makes me more proud of someone like Shamarko for coming out such a great person, when he so easily could have followed Hernandez's path based on all accounts.

Honestly, I hate to selfishly bring this sort of thing back to Syracuse, but as noted in recent articles, guys like Shamarko grew up in very, very rough places and horrible situations and, unlike Hernandez, didn't succumb to the thug life. Makes me more proud of someone like Shamarko for coming out such a great person, when he so easily could have followed Hernandez's path based on all accounts.

We all have decisions in life as to the type of person we want to be. For some that decision is made harder based on their environment growing up. Shamarko certainly had his struggles and it really does underscore how hard he has worked to be successful. Hopefully Shamarko's success continues in the NFL and he avoids falling into the traps of money, and celebrity.

Just saw a tweet, which was retweeted by Doug Gottlieb from some dude named Wesley Lowery, who said that the DA is saying that Hernandez shot Lloyd three times as soon as he got out of the car, and then stood over him and put two more bullets in his chest.

Wow.
he interviewed him on the air,the tweet is correct

A great career, millions of dollars, and 2 young life's lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well you got two out of three... The moneys not lost, it will just be distributed a more deserving recipient now

Not a great silver lining... Just saying

Hopefully his family will get to keep some of the money. He's a scumbag thug, but he has an 8 month old kid who shouldn't suffer for his father's sins.

If I understood correctly, about $10M was guaranteed and there were no "non-performance" clauses that would wittle the amount down. The Pats are going to have almost $12M in dead money hit their salary cap between this year and next.

I'm sure all the pro gun people will deflect on this one too!

Sorry for the anti gun rant but guns allow people with temporary moments of insanity to kill a lot easier than without one! It's sad but this happens every day!

Sorry for the anti gun rant but guns allow people with temporary moments of insanity to kill a lot easier than without one! It's sad but this happens every day!

Gun Control and the defeat of DOMA. Some people aren't going to be too happy today!

Gun Control and the defeat of DOMA. Some people aren't going to be too happy today!

I'm very much anti-gun and consider myself extremely liberal, but I do not see this Hernandez thing as being a major gun control issue. It's more a rich thug who had access to weapons most people don't, and who is apparently a bit of a psychopath. I don't blame the gun industry for this one, so I just can't put this as a gun control issue. I'd be shocked to learn that NFL players don't own a gun, quite frankly.

I'm very much anti-gun and consider myself extremely liberal, but I do not see this Hernandez thing as being a major gun control issue. It's more a rich thug who had access to weapons most people don't, and who is apparently a bit of a psychopath. I don't blame the gun industry for this one, so I just can't put this as a gun control issue. I'd be shocked to learn that NFL players don't own a gun, quite frankly.

There is something broken in the NFL culture. Seems like they all are carrying/promoting the gun lifestyle, but they don't seem to suffer from the same perceptions of reality that we do. They seem to forget that life isn't just like a movie or video game. Pull the trigger of a loaded gun at a person, and that person dies and your life is over as well.

I tend to concur with some of the statements above. This is a tight end who is a big boy. He should have tried to resolve his problems with fists, not bullets. Maybe he gets his butt kicked (the other guy was a semi-pro athlete as well) but at least he can continue his career and raising his child. That's all done now. And another man is dead. For what?

I normally believe that the individual is the only one responsible for their actions. However I will say this. The NFL has a huge behavior problem on their hands. 29 arrests so ce the Super Bowl. 2 for murder. Goodell has dropped the hammer on some individuals but there likely needs to be more done to educate these guys consistently not just at the rookie symposium. It is ultimately up To the player to do the right thing but the league he's a real issue on their hands.

Really??...just couldnt resist huh...am just glad it took almost 40 posts before someone went political...even though this was one if the least political tragedies...:(

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I thought the marital provision (or whatever) is actually to prevent a spouse from testifying against his/ her spouse about things that happened WHILE MARRIED, not before? Maybe a board legal expert could chime in.
I am not an expert I graduated from BC Law School even though I am not barred in MA, it seems I was right.
PFT on wedding shielding Hernandez's fiancee

If they don't get married before a grand jury she would be compelled to testify there or face charges. Thus, if Hernandez attorneys are smart and they ARE we could be seeing a marriage any day now.

There is something broken in the NFL culture. Seems like they all are carrying/promoting the gun lifestyle, but they don't seem to suffer from the same perceptions of reality that we do. They seem to forget that life isn't just like a movie or video game. Pull the trigger of a loaded gun at a person, and that person dies and your life is over as well.

I tend to concur with some of the statements above. This is a tight end who is a big boy. He should have tried to resolve his problems with fists, not bullets. Maybe he gets his butt kicked (the other guy was a semi-pro athlete as well) but at least he can continue his career and raising his child. That's all done now. And another man is dead. For what?

As the old saying goes, you can take the kid out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of the kid. But is he really a kid from the hood or simply a wannabe? Whatever the case, this seems to go farther than that. Hernandez clearly has paranoia and anger issues, and the strip clubbing, tough guy lifestyle he seems to lead isn't exactly conducive to being a model citizen. He seems to invite trouble in his life and thinks he lives above the law. It's too bad he can't think of anyone but himself. No reason his son should be growing up without a father.

I am not an expert I graduated from BC Law School even though I am not barred in MA, it seems I was right.

If they don't get married before a grand jury she would be compelled to testify there or face charges. Thus, if Hernandez attorneys are smart and they ARE we could be seeing a marriage any day now.

I'm no criminal attorney, but the evidence against this guy is compelling. Don't think it will matter much.

I'll remember that the next time someone is murdered with a knife, bat, car, bottle, hatchet, axe, etc etc etc etc

Even if you eliminated every conceivable "weapon" in society, people would still be killing people by punching, kicking, choking, etc. This is a person with a pre-meditated intent that happened to use a handgun to achieve that end. Stop trying to cram a square peg into a round hole to support your politics.

As the old saying goes, you can take the kid out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of the kid. But is he really a kid from the hood or simply a wannabe? Whatever the case, this seems to go farther than that. Hernandez clearly has paranoia and anger issues, and the strip clubbing, tough guy lifestyle he seems to lead isn't exactly conducive to being a model citizen. He seems to invite trouble in his life and thinks he lives above the law. It's too bad he can't think of anyone but himself. No reason his son should be growing up without a father.

I've read some about him, it sounded like his family was pretty good. His dad played at UCONN, but passed away when AH was 16 which supposedly led AH to getting involved with drugs and what not because he couldn't cope. Rumors of gang affiliations. His brother DJ went to UCONN and is now an assistant at Brown and seems to be pretty well adjusted. Not really sure what went wrong here.

One thing missing here... It was her sister's BF. talk about alienating your family if she were to wed him now. Won't happen IMO.

Unfrickin real. Must think this is the wild, wild west. Later Gator!!