Hernandez officially charged with murder. Wow. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Hernandez officially charged with murder. Wow.

Lots of Information that makes it hard to believe he didnt do it. However two things are missing that could make it hard to prosecute for murder. I am no lawyer but it seems that if there is no murder weapon and no witness to the murder and evidence that there were to other people present Hernandez lawyers should be able to prove that there is reasonable doubt. As long as his friends down talk it could have been any of the three of them who pulled the trigger. Either way I hope his professional career is done. I would hate to have another Ray Lewis on our hands where a guy clearly was involved in something but all is forgotten.

I've read some about him, it sounded like his family was pretty good. His dad played at UCONN, but passed away when AH was 16 which supposedly led AH to getting involved with drugs and what not because he couldn't cope. Rumors of gang affiliations. His brother DJ went to UCONN and is now an assistant at Brown and seems to be pretty well adjusted. Not really sure what went wrong here.

DJ is a numb nuts too, just a lower order.

http://nesn.com/2010/11/brother-of-...aling-plays-for-southington-high-school-foot/

Jeez doesn't anyone watch Law and Order anymore. Here are some tips if you are going to whack your associate.
  1. Give one of your lackeys cash, have him buy 5 disposable cell phones from different stores, send said lackey out of town on vacation.
  2. Call your muscle from out of town and invite them to meet with you using one of the phones. The conversation should go like this "Yo Paulie we got a problem, I need you in Boston" Destroy this phone and dispose of the pieces.
  3. Meet with out of town associates in small private restaurant, detail the problem and how you want it fixed and the date.
  4. Give associates disposable phones
  5. On date of anticipated action go out to dinner in a very public restaurant. Leave a large tip so the waitress remembers you. Go to the movies or a play with one of the phones on vibrate so associates can call you after they have completed the agreed upon action. Destroy and phones by dropping them in sulfuric acid.
  6. Get associates out of town after rewarding them in cash.
  7. After a month call lackey from step 1 back into town using final phone.

Interesting...10 out of 20 are NFL players...11 out of 20 are football players. Last 9 out of 12 (since 1995; 18 years; so basically an NFL player is charged with murder on average every 2 years) have been NFL players.

Active Athletes Charged
The following is a list of active athletes charged with murder, homicide and/or manslaughter (differing degrees):
YearPlayer, SportCharge
2013 Aaron Hernandez, NFL Murder
2013 A. Walcott, NFL Murder*
2013 O. Pistorius, Running Murder
2012 Josh Brent, NFL Mans.
2009 Donte' Stallworth, NFL Mans.
2005 Dany Heatley, NHL Homic.
2004 Tammy Crow, Swim Mans.
2003 Dwayne Goodrich, NFL Homic.
2001 Rae Carruth, NFL Murder
2000 Ray Lewis, NFL Murder
1998 Leonard Little, NFL Mans.
1995 Brian Blades, NFL Mans.
1992 Charles Smith, NBA Homic.
1989 Bruce Kimball, Diving Mans.
1988 Reggie Rogers, NFL Homic.
1986 Derrick Fenner, CFB Murder
1984 Craig MacTavish, NHL Homic.
1981 E. de Jesus, Boxing Murder
1974 Cesar Cedeno, MLB Mans.
1967 Rubin Carter, Boxing Murder
* Attempted murder charge Tuesday
-- Active at time of charge
-- ESPN Research

I'm very much anti-gun and consider myself extremely liberal, but I do not see this Hernandez thing as being a major gun control issue. It's more a rich thug who had access to weapons most people don't, and who is apparently a bit of a psychopath. I don't blame the gun industry for this one, so I just can't put this as a gun control issue. I'd be shocked to learn that NFL players don't own a gun, quite frankly.

Good point--look at what O. J. did with "just" a knife.

PS: How come O.J. was left off the list above? ;)

Lots of Information that makes it hard to believe he didnt do it. However two things are missing that could make it hard to prosecute for murder. I am no lawyer but it seems that if there is no murder weapon and no witness to the murder and evidence that there were to other people present Hernandez lawyers should be able to prove that there is reasonable doubt. As long as his friends down talk it could have been any of the three of them who pulled the trigger. Either way I hope his professional career is done. I would hate to have another Ray Lewis on our hands where a guy clearly was involved in something but all is forgotten.
Only its obvious he was there , he will have to give the other two up, who obviously are gonna tell who really did pull the the trigger defending themselves , they could even get together and say they had no idea what Hernandez was planning and try to clear their own names, those two people are going to be key , and are in fact the witnesses, if the defense cannot provide them, then add obstruction of justice to the charges

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Jeez doesn't anyone watch Law and Order anymore. Here are some tips if you are going to whack your associate.
  1. Give one of your lackeys cash, have him buy 5 disposable cell phones from different stores, send said lackey out of town on vacation.
  2. Call your muscle from out of town and invite them to meet with you using one of the phones. The conversation should go like this "Yo Paulie we got a problem, I need you in Boston" Destroy this phone and dispose of the pieces.
  3. Meet with out of town associates in small private restaurant, detail the problem and how you want it fixed and the date.
  4. Give associates disposable phones
  5. On date of anticipated action go out to dinner in a very public restaurant. Leave a large tip so the waitress remembers you. Go to the movies or a play with one of the phones on vibrate so associates can call you after they have completed the agreed upon action. Destroy and phones by dropping them in sulfuric acid.
  6. Get associates out of town after rewarding them in cash.
  7. After a month call lackey from step 1 back into town using final phone.
Wait John Lackey's involved in this?

His list says "active athletes" OJ was not an active athlete when he was charged with murder.

Interesting...10 out of 20 are NFL players...11 out of 20 are football players. Last 9 out of 12 (since 1995; 18 years; so basically an NFL player is charged with murder on average every 2 years) have been NFL players.

Active Athletes Charged
The following is a list of active athletes charged with murder, homicide and/or manslaughter (differing degrees):
YearPlayer, SportCharge
2013 Aaron Hernandez, NFL Murder
2013 A. Walcott, NFL Murder*
2013 O. Pistorius, Running Murder
2012 Josh Brent, NFL Mans.
2009 Donte' Stallworth, NFL Mans.
2005 Dany Heatley, NHL Homic.
2004 Tammy Crow, Swim Mans.
2003 Dwayne Goodrich, NFL Homic.
2001 Rae Carruth, NFL Murder
2000 Ray Lewis, NFL Murder
1998 Leonard Little, NFL Mans.
1995 Brian Blades, NFL Mans.
1992 Charles Smith, NBA Homic.
1989 Bruce Kimball, Diving Mans.
1988 Reggie Rogers, NFL Homic.
1986 Derrick Fenner, CFB Murder
1984 Craig MacTavish, NHL Homic.
1981 E. de Jesus, Boxing Murder
1974 Cesar Cedeno, MLB Mans.
1967 Rubin Carter, Boxing Murder
* Attempted murder charge Tuesday
-- Active at time of charge
-- ESPN Research
I am still curious why Walcott was charged with attempted murder for punching a man in the head in what sounds like a normal fight. I can understand him being arrested but to me it didn't justify the charge. With that said he did have some issues in college though with figting as well so him getting in trouble didn't suprise me.

yeah, damn retirement kept Syracuse off the list too.

tommy kane still cant buy any love on here...

Oh Lord

This stuff is getting unreal...

Aaron Hernandez killed someone just singe wouldn't have to play with Tim Tebow...

What's this league coming to...

I normally believe that the individual is the only one responsible for their actions. However I will say this. The NFL has a huge behavior problem on their hands. 29 arrests so ce the Super Bowl. 2 for murder. Goodell has dropped the hammer on some individuals but there likely needs to be more done to educate these guys consistently not just at the rookie symposium. It is ultimately up To the player to do the right thing but the league he's a real issue on their hands.

What's worse these guys played in college. They didn't suddenly start once they got to the NFL to have an affinity towards violence, entitlement and bad/dangerous associations. How many bad acts are covered up or how closely are some of these guys babysat? Then when they get to make all their own choices in the NFL, they don't make good ones.

What's worse these guys played in college. They didn't suddenly start once they got to the NFL to have an affinity towards violence, entitlement and bad/dangerous associations. How many bad acts are covered up or how closely are some of these guys babysat? Then when they get to make all their own choices in the NFL, they don't make good ones.

Completely agree. Another effect of them being coddled since someone figured out they were really good at catching/shooting/kicking a ball. They start to believe they are as good and special as they are told they are and then believe they can do whatever they want because consequences don't exist for them. There will always be someone to take the heat for them.

Fox25 Twitter is reporting: that Hernandez is under investigation to double murder in Boston, 2012.

That list posted in this thread doesn't seem to include the dude from the chiefs last year that went nuts and killed fiance then self in front of his coaches as well.

Hernandez bail denied. The judge denied base on the fact that she believes the prosecution has a very strong case, and she is certain that he was involved in the "cold blooded murder" I don't follow too many court proceedings but it seemed interesting to me that a judge would be that opinionated regarding the states case prior to trial.

If you know a dude is capable of killing dudes... don't go bringing it up. You know the mother effer is crazy.

That is why I refuse to tailgate with John Syracuse.