Hey Smokefree | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hey Smokefree

I think they said "if" he could build a fence.

And, I think UMd might be following the George Washington U template--using the DC/cosmopolitan/government nexus to attract foreign students/players.

You might be right. It was too loud in my house. You know what they say about "IF's"?

No. Frank Lagga, i believe
Oof, that's awful. Tristy stirred the pot, and that was fun. But some of what he said was way out of line. I never saw that post, but how awful. Could he have been Donald Trump? That makes a lot of sense actually.

I was always of the mind that he was a computer program that was created to be the most condescending troll of all time. If so, it was a really good program.

I miss Frank Lagga as well. A lot of good people have left the board or passed on, in the 17 or 18 years I've been participating.

Oof, that's awful. Tristy stirred the pot, and that was fun. But some of what he said was way out of line. I never saw that post, but how awful. Could he have been Donald Trump? That makes a lot of sense actually.

I was always of the mind that he was a computer program that was created to be the most condescending troll of all time. If so, it was a really good program.

I miss Frank Lagga as well. A lot of good people have left the board or passed on, in the 17 or 18 years I've been participating.
I think Frank went by "Boca Doug" his last few years on the board. One of many of the old timers who contributed so much to this board and its predecessors.

I think Frank went by "Boca Doug" his last few years on the board. One of many of the old timers who contributed so much to this board and its predecessors.
He did

Not a name I'm familiar with, but maybe before my time.
Frank Lagga was an early handle he used. He went by BocaDoug for some time before his passing. Very nice guy with a terribly tragic story--he was rendered quadriplegic by a car wreck but sailed right into living courageously through those circumstances, found a lovely gal to share his life with, persevered through surgeries, and helped raise funds for similarly-situated people. I never got to meet him in person, but he was a great member of this community. Gone too soon.

Frank Lagga was an early handle he used. He went by BocaDoug for some time before his passing. Very nice guy with a terribly tragic story--he was rendered quadriplegic by a car wreck but sailed right into living courageously through those circumstances, found a lovely gal to share his life with, persevered through surgeries, and helped raise funds for similarly-situated people. I never got to meet him in person, but he was a great member of this community. Gone too soon.
Agree. Inspiring guy. Really glad I had a chance to meet him in person at a fundraiser tournament held at Bellevue longer in the past than I care to remember.

He had a Northsider persona that was always good for a laugh...

Doug started a wonderful foundation GOALS (Go Out And Live Successfully) that helped individuals disabled with paralyzing spinal cord injuries like he suffered after an accident. His wife, Nelda, who was wonderful for and to him, tragically died of cancer quickly and way too young, leaving Doug depressed and lost without her. He died of a broken heart not too long after his beloved wife. Igor used to visit him in Florida and helped bring some happiness to him in his final years. March of this year (2017) was actually the 10th anniversary of his passing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom