High Tempo/High Energy | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

High Tempo/High Energy

That's the conventional wisdom, but I've never seen it proven out. Guess that was my point. If we're in a thread that is contesting the notion that all offenses are better playing fast, I'll contest that all defenses must be worse if the O plays fast.

Personally I think "fatigue" is overrated as a cause of poor D. Maybe on the DL. But if your back 7 can't handle another, what, 10 plays a game?... I think you need a new S&C regime.
10 plays = 15% more plays. I think it's significant even if you're in good shape.

and a big part of my argument is that we stink. offenses that stink get fewer first downs. stinky offenses will tire out their defense much more than good offenses

the suckiness of the offense is central to my argument that if you're going to suck, suck slowly

10 plays = 15% more plays. I think it's significant even if you're in good shape.

and a big part of my argument is that we stink. offenses that stink get fewer first downs. stinky offenses will tire out their defense much more than good offenses

the suckiness of the offense is central to my argument that if you're going to suck, suck slowly

OK, except statistically in 2005, for example, our defense was better in the 2nd half than the 1st. And there was no worse offense I've ever seen in my life that that 2005 offense. So by conventional wisdom shouldn't they have been dead-ass exhausted by the 2nd half and gotten smeared?

OK, except statistically in 2005, for example, our defense was better in the 2nd half than the 1st. And there was no worse offense I've ever seen in my life that that 2005 offense. So by conventional wisdom shouldn't they have been dead-ass exhausted by the 2nd half and gotten smeared?
i don't remember 2005. repressed memory. but i'm told that we sucked so much that it just sucked the life out of everyone in the building including the other teams offense who just wanted to go home as quickly as possible.

opposing teams pretty much just ran the waterboy enemy offense. "they can only win with 5 fumble returns so lets just be careful and slow it down and not do anything stupid"

2005 was an anomalous abortion that should never be spoken of with nary a conclusion to be drawn save for greg robinson being a useless poop

and yes i know i'm avoiding your good point. but i do think that kinda is what happened

i don't remember 2005. repressed memory. but i'm told that we sucked so much that it just sucked the life out of everyone in the building including the other teams offense who just wanted to go home as quickly as possible.

opposing teams pretty much just ran the waterboy enemy offense. "they can only win with 5 fumble returns so lets just be careful and slow it down and not do anything stupid"

2005 was an anomalous abortion that should never be spoken of with nary a conclusion to be drawn save for greg robinson being a useless poop

and yes i know i'm avoiding your good point. but i do think that kinda is what happened

It's not what happened. We were in a lot of games at halftime in 2005 despite our craptacular O. I even once looked at the run/pass mix of opposing offenses in the 2nd half and it was the same as the first half.

And it wasn't the only year that's happened, just the most stark example. I did the same exercise in 2009 when people made the same point about our D wearing down because of bad o and it wasn't true either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom