Hip Hop thread | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

Hip Hop thread

All the Diddy stuff popping off is fun to follow...

More shameless self-promotion! Here is our latest episode.

Finally got around to listening. Good job, I respect you guys for diving into analyze the albums even though it's not your main genre. 3 classic albums. I love the mention of Main Source, Live at the BBQ. That track is foundational in Hip Hop for obvious reasons, produced by Large Professor and Nas debut, and his controversial "when I was 12 I went to hell for snuffing Jesus". But his verse on that was some of his best work in his iconic career. And hell yes, on putting Follow the Leader in your hall of fame. I laughed about somebody not having heard of 3rd Bass. The Cactus album is an all time classic. Ironically, MC Serch was instrumental in bringing Nas to the forefront.

Finally got around to listening. Good job, I respect you guys for diving into analyze the albums even though it's not your main genre. 3 classic albums. I love the mention of Main Source, Live at the BBQ. That track is foundational in Hip Hop for obvious reasons, produced by Large Professor and Nas debut, and his controversial "when I was 12 I went to hell for snuffing Jesus". But his verse on that was some of his best work in his iconic career. And hell yes, on putting Follow the Leader in your hall of fame. I laughed about somebody not having heard of 3rd Bass. The Cactus album is an all time classic. Ironically, MC Serch was instrumental in bringing Nas to the forefront.
I appreciate you listening and thank you for the feedback. We try to present ourselves as just three guys talking about music and not as experts because there are obviously huge gaps in our knowledge. One of the best parts of doing the show is getting exposed to things outside of my comfort zone. Our next episode’s theme is double albums. One of them is Miles Davis - Bitches Brew. I know so little about jazz. I am really struggling to process the album.

PS: let me know if you ever want to record a short guest review of something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom