Hip Hop thread | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Hip Hop thread

Hot take: New Nas is album of the year.

th
Just listened today a couple times. This is the level he should be at. Best album of the last 6 imo. Hit Boy, best production I’ve personally heard from him, really elevated it. He’s got some lines that few people will not get, not that, that’s rare. Also love him letting us know that now that we’re 50 or so, that’s when you get rich rich, no tears. Love it

Last edited:
I definitely thought there'd at least be a little bit of Missy love here.
I like Missy, but I didn’t like a lot of her biggest hits, especially further into her career. I liked her first album a lot.

Definitely cool to see her back.

not a huge Smoke DZA fan but he always finds his way onto good beats. Wiz I like for what he is - he’s perfect on stuff like this. And KRIT is one of my favorites. Love this one.

Just listened today a couple times. This is the level he should be at. Best album of the last 6 imo. Hit Boy, best production I’ve personally heard from him, really elevated it. He’s got some lines that few people will not get, not that, that’s rare. Also love him letting us know that now that we’re 50 or so, that’s when you get rich rich, no tears. Love it
To me the top tier is Magic 3, Magic 1, and KD 3. I basically skip nothing on those. And not coincidentally, I think the best beats are on those.

The other 3, I mostly like too but there’s a few skippers to me. And honestly I think Nas went to another level after KD1 and 2. He was still good on those, but I think he shook some rust off and was sharper on the next 4.

New Little Brother song over a Conductor Williams(Griselda) beat. Love when some my favorites collab for the first time. I’m obviously a huge fan for 20 years, and I still think this is one of their best songs they’ve made.

Side note: I been saying Jay-Z should do an album over Conductor Williams’ beats and I’m trying to talk it into existence.

“Tell the vultures, stay the f*** out the garden if you gon’ whore da culture”(horticulture)

That’s a BAR, lol. There’s a bunch of them.

“They say they love you but they pull out at the last second. A damn shame, rap game withdrawal method.” Smh.
“Just ‘cause you don’t write it down, that don’t make you Hova.”

Lol.

Phonte’s been on his Andre 3000 popping up every now and then and killing long ass verses. Wish he’d lock in with a top level producer for a solo. Hell, I wish Andre would lock in with a top level producer for a solo.

Cannot stand her, never could from day 1
I will say her biggest hits(Work It, Get Ur Freak On, etc) - I hated most of them.

I generally liked her R&B stuff more than her rap stuff.

Rap wise, I liked “Sock it To Me”, those horns were nasty. Edit: nevermind, that was Da Brat rapping on there. Missy was singing. So…yeah, I liked her singing better.

I generally liked her R&B stuff more than her rap stuff
Now that I can agree with, even some beats and tracks were good, but rapping, she might have some of the corniest lines or sayings all time. I'm talking Nice and Smooth level.

Anyone listen to Blu? I was a big fan of his first album with Exile, called “Below the Heavens”. He’s got so many albums that I couldn’t keep up though, especially once the quality was lower on some of them - I checked out. I see he’s got a new album with Evidence(one of my favorites) coming, so I’ll definitely check for that.

One of my favorite songs, all 3 destroyed their verses and Blu set it off perfectly IMO.

I’m seeing Krayzie Bone is on a ventilator and in an induced coma? Damn, way too young for that. Hope he pulls through. One of a kind, nobody else has ever sounded like him.

One of the best ever, with the out of nowhere Rod Strickland reference in the 3rd verse. I love random sports references.

This is a “never gets old” song. Beat is perfect.

9 days until I see who, to me, is the best hip hop artist to debut in 2010-present. Yeah, I like him more than Kendrick. Cmon man, listen to this one…

So Outkast - Speakerboxxx/Love Below is now the highest selling album in history, surpassing Eminem - Eminem Show(I think).

Frankly, I don’t like either one of those albums all that much beyond a few songs but overall Outkast is one of my favorites.

Outkast - ATLiens is one of my favorite albums in music and Aquemini isn’t far behind. Love their debut, and Stankonia is good too. It’s weird that a group that is both one of my personal favorites and objectively one of the best has the best selling album for an album I don’t really like, but hey….im happy for them. Wish they’d run it back just ONE more time. This record breaker wasn’t even a real group album, lol.

Little Brother’s got a beer out for their block party, LMAO. Definitely gonna crush a few of these.

Alright, another mid-late 00s under the radar favorite. Elzhi has been a monster for 2 decades.

I met Big KRIT last night after his set. He was taking pictures with everybody. Even ran over and jumped into people’s group photo when one of them yelled “hey KRIT, come get in this”. Real friendly guy.

He performed with a lot of energy and the crowd was into it, and Little Brother in the town they formed was a lot of fun.

The Cool Kids were also there. I was never into them. They worked hard and had a few big fans there but overall crowd was still in talking, eating, drinking, buying merch mode.

Great event - I hope they do it every year and make it a mini version of The Roots picnic.

Also KRIT surprised me by doing “Time Machine” - one of my favorites that I wasn’t expecting him to do.

First verse is perfect IMO. Second verse isn’t far behind. Beat is perfect. Concept is great. Hook is great. Chamilliomaire wasn’t needed IMO but whatever. One of my favorites.

Alright still on a KRIT kick. This is one of his best IMO. Always hits hard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom