Hire a coach and pay him | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hire a coach and pay him

Ill keep saying this Shafer will be back next year and for good reason. Lester gets it. Sure he blew it at the goal line but he is dealing with a very young team. Kids all over the field on both sides of the ball. Virginia is a good team with talent. If we dont make that stupid penalty we win the game going away. I think we go 8-9 wins next year and have a break out. Count on it
I say that every year. And I actually mean it. I hope we keep Shaf and it happens.

Ill keep saying this Shafer will be back next year and for good reason. Lester gets it. Sure he blew it at the goal line but he is dealing with a very young team. Kids all over the field on both sides of the ball. Virginia is a good team with talent. If we dont make that stupid penalty we win the game going away. I think we go 8-9 wins next year and have a break out. Count on it

I like your optimism but VA isn't good. Boise State is good though and Boise State came to VA and trounced them.

Even if we go 3-9, I say stay the course. We were never expected to be good this year anyway. 3-9, 5-7...it really doesn't make much difference.

Our best playmakers are all freshmen and sophomores, and we just got our most heralded offensive recruit in probably 20 years or maybe more.

As ridiculous as today's loss was, I still think we can have pretty good teams that are exciting to watch from 2016-2018 with Dungey at the helm and lots of playmakers around him.

My coughlin comment was tongue in cheek and bc someone mentioned the job is unattractive nationally which I agree. They need to find their Harbrough i.e. Alumn who is invested and wants to fix this.

My coughlin comment was tongue in cheek and bc someone mentioned the job is unattractive nationally which I agree. They need to find their Harbrough i.e. Alumn who is invested and wants to fix this.

Maybe even an invested alum who makes up a binder detailing his plan to change this...

The O scored 10 points on its own today. Why does Lester "get it" if most of the production is improvisation from Dungey?

I hear this guy Malone fits that description! <Sarcasm alert!>

Even if we go 3-9, I say stay the course. We were never expected to be good this year anyway. 3-9, 5-7...it really doesn't make much difference.

Our best playmakers are all freshmen and sophomores, and we just got our most heralded offensive recruit in probably 20 years or maybe more.

As ridiculous as today's loss was, I still think we can have pretty good teams that are exciting to watch from 2016-2018 with Dungey at the helm and lots of playmakers around him.
very good post and spot on. The guys coached a good game. Other than the OT we didnt get beat deep by VA and actually did a good job against them. A play here or there and we win this game against a team that has played some very good teams close. VA has a ton of talent, their backs were to the wall, its homecoming, and we have them beat sans one stupid play. I love how Lester and Dungey hung tough in OT thought we should have gone for 2 love the 4th down first down call hate the fourth down td call. Hate the dungey fumble call and the stickland non TD. Lets face it we played pretty dam good for the second time a bunch of young kids hit the road. We are recruiting very well and have made great in roads with some fantastic HS programs that will continue to send us kids. I think that Lester is a solid OC given the fact that this is his first year and it is being played by a bunch of HS kids. Off season we need to find some players for the secondary and possibly a new coach. We have pretty much the entire team back next year. Now is the time to stay with Shafer. But next year if he doesnt get to 7 wins at a minimum i would let him go because next year he will have no excuses and we will have enough talent on board to handle a down recruiting year. Not six and a shi tty bowl game but a minimum of 7 or hes out.

No more MAC coaches or NFL assistants or coaches from Central Connecticut State. Hire a name.

I forgot, where did Mac come from?

And P was here for 4 years before he got the job, I guess that doesn't count.

Marrone turned 10-37 into 25-25 from nothing.

So what's your point?

The population of SU coaches are NFL and P5 coordinators and AAC, CUSA, and MAC HC's.

That's it, that's the list.

And there are plenty of "names" in that group.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom