Hmmmm, St. John's. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hmmmm, St. John's.

Considering SU had a 12 point lead that was blown, Cooney being non-existent, the refs bowing whistles every time somebody sneezed and St. John's having a very loud home crowd, I'd say the stars were aligned for a Red Storm upset.

The fact that all those things were going on and the Johnnies still didn't win, tells me that they still have a long way to go before St. John's and their fans can pump out their chests at Syracuse like they did this week.

Nice team, nice crowd but not good enough St. John's. You had the chance to take advantage of all the above factors. An elite team would've. Syracuse not allowing you to is also something an elite team does. Better luck next time.

Considering SU had a 12 point lead that was blown, Cooney being non-existent, the refs bowing whistles every time somebody sneezed and St. John's having a very loud home crowd, I'd say the stars were aligned for a Red Storm upset.

The fact that all those things were going on and the Johnnies still didn't win, tells me that they still have a long way to go before St. John's and their fans can pump out their chests at Syracuse like they did this week.

Nice team, nice crowd but not good enough St. John's. You had the chance to take advantage of all the above factors. An elite team would've. Syracuse not allowing you to is also something an elite team does. Better luck next time.

I don't get this.

We didn't blow the lead; they erased it by scoring in the halfcourt after dicing up our zone. Cooney was non-existent in large part because St. John's has guards who are very capable defenders.

They're a good team.

Yeah, let's give them credit. They played incredibly hard, if nothing else. Plus, in the second half, that was every bit of an away game for SU. It was loud in the garden today, and not in a good way for the orange. Nice to come out of there with a W.

This was a damn good win against a pretty good team.

What I'm saying is that they completely shut down one of our main scorers, that they overcame the deficit, had momentum on their side in their building with the home crowd squarely behind them and that STILL wasn't enough to beat Syracuse.

The players and their fans had been squawking all week that they could play with the Orange. My position is that they had everything lined up for them and all of that wasn't enough. They may be good, but not good enough...not yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom