Hobart Game Thread... | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Hobart Game Thread...

Great pass by Solomon and Rehfuss dunks it in fading away on the crease. Need Varello to gain some confidence here and win some draws late. No Martin or Phaup, Delisle took one draw I think.
Varello 6-16, Delisle 1-1, Phaup 1-1 according to LiveStats.

Wasting clock, up 8, feels good. The one goal games are thrilling but not week in and week out. I can take 8 point victories.

Phaup looked good. Thought it was Ben Williams out there

Id like to see more of him, hes a smaller guy and needs sometime in the weight room but I thought he looked a lot better then the 1-7 line he had at Duke.

Great game. Fun to watch and the defense played as one unit. The offense was crisp, except for a 19 minute stretch.

Syracuse needed a good game and a non-ranked opponent. Back to the grind, but we can enjoy this win tonight and tomorrow.

Nice to finally get a game where they can empty the bench. Missed most of the game but caught the fourth. Reading through the comments quick it sounds like this should have been a bigger blowout but can't complain about a big win. I'll have to go back and rewatch the first three quarters.

Nice to finally get a game where they can empty the bench. Missed most of the game but caught the fourth. Reading through the comments quick it sounds like this should have been a bigger blowout but can't complain about a big win. I'll have to go back and rewatch the first three quarters.

Watch it on replay, it was a fun game.

Your thoughts are correct, easily could have had 14-15 goals. Did a nice job getting a win for our first mid week game against a feisty opponent.

So the offense looked good, nice ball movement, also our ball movement caused some turnovers. Still wanna see more offense being initiated from up top from Dordevic and Curry, and for them to draw a slide and find the open man, both of those two are totally capable of beating their man.

D looked good. Mellen played great. I can't remember any blaring D breakdowns, I don't recall yelling at the shorties other than when Hutchings lost his man but recovered.
Like seeing dearth help on the clear, was he playing the wing on the faceoff too?
The faceoff is idk...wing play has been saving us right now, someone mentioned it earlier idk who but just throwing out different guys to not let Hobart get comfortable.
Really rooting for Romano, been a fan ever since his highlights from years ago, and that turnover he had late was ugly.

What's the Reds faceoff look like, cause their offense is looking good right now, competition may be a idea to look at but score 20+ goals is no easy feat regardless of who.
And gotta have mellen on teat to neutralize him and bomberry on Peterson.
Their midfield looks pretty solid too.

HHH

So the offense looked good, nice ball movement, also our ball movement caused some turnovers. Still wanna see more offense being initiated from up top from Dordevic and Curry, and for them to draw a slide and find the open man, both of those two are totally capable of beating their man.

D looked good. Mellen played great. I can't remember any blaring D breakdowns, I don't recall yelling at the shorties other than when Hutchings lost his man but recovered.
Like seeing dearth help on the clear, was he playing the wing on the faceoff too?
The faceoff is idk...wing play has been saving us right now, someone mentioned it earlier idk who but just throwing out different guys to not let Hobart get comfortable.
Really rooting for Romano, been a fan ever since his highlights from years ago, and that turnover he had late was ugly.

What's the Reds faceoff look like, cause their offense is looking good right now, competition may be a idea to look at but score 20+ goals is no easy feat regardless of who.
And gotta have mellen on teat to neutralize him and bomberry on Peterson.
Their midfield looks pretty solid too.

HHH
Main FOGO is Rasimowicz. 98-182 (54%) on the year. Verello et al need to keep him at that, or under.

Great to see the Simmons family happy at the end of the game and the trophy staying in Cuse.

Great game But didn’t like the drop off at the end of the game! #24 still looks lost I don’t know hownor why they keep putting him in!? I hate to bash our players but he is causing issues when the rest of the def look very stable.

Mellen is just amazing but Cunningham goes about his work quietly and doesn’t receive enough praise especially on TV! Bomberry is a rock and has made a difference coming back in! Love Fusco, Dipietro and Kennedy.

Question on Swigart? What happened with this kid doesn’t even get near the rotation now! I dont miss a game and don’t remember him ever making mistakes on field! Maybe off field?

Murphy is very athletic kid who is playing very well and looking more comfortable with that shorty! I hope he get the pole back though at some point

Dearth is a great player very dynamic justbisnt the best shooter I thought he played well last night!

Shooting still needs a lot of work from our freshman middies! I agree with Dord missed the cage a lot last night.

Still backing Quinn but every time he gets in someone else loses possession, he hit the pipe with a nice alley dodge.

Cornell will be a tough one very underrated Teat Teat Teat let’s hope Melly can do the job again.

Last edited:
Victory was expected on paper but it is still a relief to register a solid win after the shortest of breaks. Hobart had roared back and defeated a decent Colgate squad so win was not a given. Appears this Cuse team is developing more consistency on both ends and minimizing lapses. Some credit should be given to the staff for the visible growth. I think the 6-3 record and 3-0 acc record would be more appreciated and praised by us if the losses didn't include two stinkers but hopefully those will be put further in the rear view mirror with a solid performance against a very good Cornell squad that is hitting on all cylinders right now. Will be a real challenge and good gauge of how far team has progressed as we get deeper into second half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom