Hofstra Gameday...

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Syracuse at Hofstra
Tuesday, March 14, 2023 | 7:00 p.m.

Streaming: LacrosseTV
Radio: TK99 (99.5 FM) / WAER (88.3 FM)

FrMDr9KXoAA87UT

This snow is totally insane but I assume they traveled down there last night. Should just be rainy on long island right?

Snow and rain mix on Long Island right now. I would think the temp will drop tonight and will be all snow. Going to the game but still hoping they move it to tomo so I don't have to sit out there in this weather.

Snow and rain mix on Long Island right now. I would think the temp will drop tonight and will be all snow. Going to the game but still hoping they move it to tomo so I don't have to sit out there in this weather.
It’s supposed to stop around game time

Have there been zero updates on Clary? Holding onto hope that it was just a tweak and not a full reinjury. He was walking around decently in a brace during the game and did not seem too dejected, if that's worth reading into.

Have there been zero updates on Clary? Holding onto hope that it was just a tweak and not a full reinjury. He was walking around decently in a brace during the game and did not seem too dejected, if that's worth reading into.

I have heard some rumblings its not a tear but nothing concrete I would trust 100%.

on the road outdoors in the bad weather, probably demoralized after a fourth straight loss and on short rest going up against a team that is well rested and has a very good fogo (patterson is well over 60%). reminds me of the albany game last year? ultimately i expect them to prevail but this will not be an easy win for the orange

on the road outdoors in the bad weather, probably demoralized after a fourth straight loss and on short rest going up against a team that is well rested and has a very good fogo (patterson is well over 60%). reminds me of the albany game last year? ultimately i expect them to prevail but this will not be an easy win for the orange

Faceoffs will be interesting Patterson their man FOGO is just under 60%. However, against the two best teams they have faced (Michigan and Nova) he was 5/14 and 8/21.

He did most of his damage against Merrimack, Navy, LIU, and St. Johns.

This may not be the mismatch it looks to be on paper.

Faceoffs will be interesting Patterson their man FOGO is just under 60%. However, against the two best teams they have faced (Michigan and Nova) he was 5/14 and 8/21.

hes over 62% but i take your point

Meanwhile we more than held our own against the hop three headed monster with Syracuse legend Jack Fine. Excited to see more reps from him. Refused to let hop win any clean ones and our wings were able to help a lot more than usual.

Meanwhile we more than held our own against the hop three headed monster with Syracuse legend Jack Fine. Excited to see more reps from him. Refused to let hop win any clean ones and our wings were able to help a lot more than usual.

Faceoffs were definitely better last week. Wing play was slightly better but they also had a few bad moments including allowing that Hawley goal when twice we couldn't keep possession.

Thought Fine did a good job against both Dunn and Callahan. Only guy he struggled with a bit is Narewski who is a really good FOGO when healthy. Having Fine and Richiusa gives SU 2 guys to roll with against guys like LaSalla, Shea from Hobart, UNC's dude etc. Good to see SU finally get off the strategy of running one guy into the ground.

Faceoffs were definitely better last week. Wing play was slightly better but they also had a few bad moments including allowing that Hawley goal when twice we couldn't keep possession.

Thought Fine did a good job against both Dunn and Callahan. Only guy he struggled with a bit is Narewski who is a really good FOGO when healthy. Having Fine and Richiusa gives SU 2 guys to roll with against guys like LaSalla, Shea from Hobart, UNC's dude etc. Good to see SU finally get off the strategy of running one guy into the ground.
If you really don’t think your second guy has a shot in hell at winning a face off then I would advise against using him, especially I this new era with no moto grip and the better guy often winning before wings can help. But clearly our back up can contribute at a similar level to the first guy. Looks like the staff will finally have confidence in him going forward.

I’d like to see both guys be used at Fo but can also see if johnny doesn’t struggle see them just sticking with him. I even like to see gibbs and the walk on Fo guy maby get shot or so. I’d really like to see them use couple more guys on offense not just in garbage time(if even becomes blow out). Think teams like hofstra who arnt terrible clearly but not ranked team is where can maby experiment a little bit not full out go crazy tho. Love to see cordes and kempney mixed in 2nd line for couple runs see what it does. Also like to see maby try another dmid who maby hasn’t had huge playing time. Also remember someone mention it but is boela def done for season? know got hurt duke game but don’t recall ever really concrete info if he is done. Really only thing bout college sports bugs me is they really don’t need to tell ya injuries. Some do but most of time it’s just a guessing game.

Yea i think fine is better at countering losing clamp then johnny. Fine ties guys up pretty well or long enough to least make it scrum. Also the rules they change for faceoffs or maby more reasons why they said made changes feel like really didn’t make big diff. Don’t see moto grip or even one knee being advantage more then other. Good faceoff guys still dominate either way. I get wanna have less draw outs but really might even only thing might of change but not always. Would say if wanted to make faceoffs even n less likely for team with good fogos to dominate so much i always said why not have (pitch count). I don’t want faceoffs to go away from game as makes sport unique n been used far as i can remember. But if limit how many faceoffs single guy can take a game then kinda balances out bit as teams forced to used more then one guy. Not exact science some teams have two very good fogos. But say if single guy can’t take more then 15 a game. Teams have to navigate more their fogos depending how many draws there are. Also more fogos being used meaning more kids playing instead just sitting on sidelines possible for years or never getting chance. I don’t know feel better ways to maby change fos if really wanted to. I took faceoffs a lot but when i played was term fogo really as played offense defense n faceoffs.

I’d like to see both guys be used at Fo but can also see if johnny doesn’t struggle see them just sticking with him. I even like to see gibbs and the walk on Fo guy maby get shot or so. I’d really like to see them use couple more guys on offense not just in garbage time(if even becomes blow out). Think teams like hofstra who arnt terrible clearly but not ranked team is where can maby experiment a little bit not full out go crazy tho. Love to see cordes and kempney mixed in 2nd line for couple runs see what it does. Also like to see maby try another dmid who maby hasn’t had huge playing time. Also remember someone mention it but is boela def done for season? know got hurt duke game but don’t recall ever really concrete info if he is done. Really only thing bout college sports bugs me is they really don’t need to tell ya injuries. Some do but most of time it’s just a guessing game.

It would be interesting to try some other guys at middie. Cordez has the experience as does Fiorini. I do like how solid our top 6 at mid are but an occasional third line or sub is healthy. I am still fine with the play of the offense overall. Choked it away in the fourth this weekend but overall they are not turning it over much. Hiltz is the most talented guy out there and he needs to demand the rock, especially late in the game. Needs to show he is that guy, not just a finisher of some kind. Right now he looks like the best finisher feeder and dodger on this team. Want to see him go at his long pole match up more. Maybe today will be an opportunity for that.

Watching this Hofstra WLAX game from this weekend, it looks like we're in for a JVAV broadcast tonight.

Junior Varsity Audio Visual.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom