Hofstra Gameday... | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Hofstra Gameday...

ground balls ,faceoffs and unpressured turnovers are killers for us seems don’t matter who we play. Really need to improve on that. Think turnovers one more cause of young guys not moving their feet or going to ball as coming and just waiting for it. Then again some are just low bad passes so i don’t know lol.

ok i see on that. But we do tend to miss a lot of gbs off faceoff ourself. So what said is true kinda ground balls and faceoffs are killers for us meaning can be together also lol.

yea really like dwan down low. Solid and physical . If clary does come back i kinda feel run him at lsm n keep dwan low maby switching now and again . Def can’t keep running olexo on wings n downlow cover guy whole time every game. Gonna ware him down.

Man if only cook can do that move he scored on constantly and vs better opponents. That would be a dodging threat. Kid does have skill not sure why just can’t use it on field.

Not a ranked win but a win and still lessens the ache of last couple games atleast. And my son will get his five nights a freddy plushy since we won. He out smarted me by saying next time cuse wins not next time cuse wins vs rank team. 5yr olds so smart these days lol

OK, my take: An away game, with only 3 days to prepare, and played in crappy weather and the Orange double up their opponent 16-8. Yes, at times it was ugly and FO/groundball stats are worrisome. The offense, when it moves the ball and it's feet, is pretty to watch. The EMO is flat out lethal. Hofstra had 10 days to prepare for this game, came out and punched the Orange in the mouth scoring the first 3 goals. The Orange responded by scoring 5 straight and never trailed again. Final score 16-8. There's a lot of things that need and can be cleaned up.

FOGO aside nothing too terrible. Some slop from the O that will cost them in more important games and has cost them already in crucial moments. Overall they are actually pretty good about avoiding turnovers, but we will need to improve as much as possible. D looked solid after the first quarter. Great to have Aviles back.

Will Mark is a reassuring presence in goal, I am confident that almost any shot from long distance, a poor angle, or any contested shot is going to get stopped by him. We did a good job of limiting most of their shots to those after a rough start.

What year is hofstra patterson? can he transfer to take faceoffs or us ? lol
A senior. Won 47% oof FOs last year. Team is winning 60% of FOs so far, but against lower competition.

This is about what I expect from Syracuse right now. (someone else mentioned this to.) We're way better than the mid majors but not quite good enough to beat the legit top 10 teams.

We have to win the next 2 (Bonnies and Hobart) would expect to smash both. Have to win @Princeton.

Then steal one from @ND, @UNC, @UVA or @Duke

This would put us at 8-7. Might not be good enough to get in but would be very encouraging and I'd consider it a successful season. Take 2 of the @ACC games and we should be in at 9-6.

Last edited:
Faceoffs will probably do us in this season but if they can at least create a scrum and we get some better wing play on the GBs we'll have fighting chance.

I was encouraged by our on ball defense and we seemed to not be so quick to slide. Just keep getting better.

19-32 in ground balls…..Good Lord! We are destroyed by everyone in the middle of that field. Matt Abbott and Joel White, do you have any sons yet?
Hey Dcuse,
Whose the moron now?! How’s our team doing this year? My concerns/thoughts/observations after only 1 game again look pretty solid. We may potentially go the entire season without winning 1 ‘real’ lacrosse game! Sad. Cupcake wins don’t count to me. This may be rock bottom for our SU lacrosse program.

I’m still hoping that we can turn it around in the years to come, but, like they said in ‘Planes, Trains, and Automobiles’, “You’re going the wrong way!”.

Either way, Deez Nuts (or Dcuse), maybe be careful next time about making fun of people… Go SU lax, and I’m out

Hey Dcuse,
Whose the moron now?! How’s our team doing this year? My concerns/thoughts/observations after only 1 game again look pretty solid. We may potentially go the entire season without winning 1 ‘real’ lacrosse game! Sad. Cupcake wins don’t count to me. This may be rock bottom for our SU lacrosse program.

I’m still hoping that we can turn it around in the years to come, but, like they said in ‘Planes, Trains, and Automobiles’, “You’re going the wrong way!”.

Either way, Deez Nuts (or Dcuse), maybe be careful next time about making fun of people… Go SU lax, and I’m out
1678929290495.jpeg

Hey Dcuse,

I’m sorry…..who are you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom