Hofstra Pauses Team Activities | Syracusefan.com

Hofstra Pauses Team Activities

Powellfan

Renowned lacrosse analyst
Not to distract from the Stony Brook game, but looks like SU might need to find a new opponent for next weekend.

Colgate is playing Sunday at home. Get them here on Friday.

Holy Cross and Hartford will likely have their games next Sat cancelled, those are our best bets.

"If it can’t make the trip for next Saturday’s game, SU could make calls this week to find a replacement. Lehigh is one school that has an open date next weekend."

That would be a tough one.

"If it can’t make the trip for next Saturday’s game, SU could make calls this week to find a replacement. Lehigh is one school that has an open date next weekend."

That would be a tough one.

LOL I don't know about playing Lehigh, with Duke the following week I am passing on that. Sisselburger at the X, yikes. Duke is already off next week themselves.

LOL I don't know about playing Lehigh, with Duke the following week I am passing on that. Sisselburger at the X, yikes. Duke is already off next week themselves.

Let's just play Duke next week.

Let's just play Duke next week.

Ya if the choice Lehigh and Duke or just Duke I will take just Duke. I think SU would beat Lehigh but Sisselburger is an X factor literally. I know Hobart was trying very hard to get SU to agree to a game but there full Sat. I guess we could play them on a Tue night but that makes little sense for both. Hartford or Holy Cross are the best options in my opinion.

I think they need another game before Duke to work out their issues. They need to decide who the 2nd middies are and play them consistently. I would like to see Buttermore, Quinn, and Seebold. Cook is the 4th attackman.

Ya if the choice Lehigh and Duke or just Duke I will take just Duke. I think SU would beat Lehigh but Sisselburger is an X factor literally. I know Hobart was trying very hard to get SU to agree to a game but there full Sat. I guess we could play them on a Tue night but that makes little sense for both. Hartford or Holy Cross are the best options in my opinion.

Our game with Duke is a week from Thursday.

We'd have to play Hobart on the 16th.

I think they need another game before Duke to work out their issues. They need to decide who the 2nd middies are and play them consistently. I would like to see Buttermore, Quinn, and Seebold. Cook is the 4th attackman.

Id really like to see them run Buttermore once a quarter with the 1's. The second line is a little to feast or famine so far. Seebold and Quinn have come on nicely this year but the offense can get uneven when the 2nd line guys are in throwing it around. Ferris definitely has to play more, would like to see him as the 4th attackmen. He's got the confidence I wish Cook had.

Our game with Duke is a week from Thursday.

We'd have to play Hobart on the 16th.
Ya forgot that was a Thursday game, ya that definitely isn't going to work then.

Unfortunately more teams might become available with Covid issues. Just a matter of who wants to play games on short notice and how long Syracuse wants to wait to schedule them.

Id really like to see them run Buttermore once a quarter with the 1's. The second line is a little to feast or famine so far. Seebold and Quinn have come on nicely this year but the offense can get uneven when the 2nd line guys are in throwing it around. Ferris definitely has to play more, would like to see him as the 4th attackmen. He's got the confidence I wish Cook had.
forgot about Ferris, goodbye cookie

Honestly, about Cook, he doesn't get past GLE enough before he shoots. He has to turn the corner or stop trying that play.

I am shocked he hasn't put it together more, he was an outstanding HS player and flashed at times his frosh year. Not giving up on him by any stretch but unsure how much longer we can keep turning to him when we have so many other options. The JD curse continues.

I am shocked he hasn't put it together more, he was an outstanding HS player and flashed at times his frosh year. Not giving up on him by any stretch but unsure how much longer we can keep turning to him when we have so many other options. The JD curse continues.
I hate to say it, but he seems to have regressed from last year. I would love to see him turn it around. He showed flashes last year. It will be tough to get a lot of runs during ACC play.

It's hard to know what the best approach is in terms of another game. Duke plays Jacksonville on Sunday - basically a scrimmage for them - and then off for 11 days. Duke will be rested but could be rusty and overconfident. I would prefer that Cuse not be in the same position - we should get a game to keep us sharp. The only downside is the risk of injuries for Cuse which is always a concern.

I'm glad it's not my decision ;)

Holy Cross and Hartford will likely have their games next Sat cancelled, those are our best bets.

Why do you thing their games will be cancelled? They are both playing conference opponents.

I think the options are Lehigh whenever next weekend, or Fairfield on Sunday. While I'd prefer they play Lehigh, a game @ Fairfield would be a nice tuneup before going away to Durham.

Why do you thing their games will be cancelled? They are both playing conference opponents.

I think the options are Lehigh whenever next weekend, or Fairfield on Sunday. While I'd prefer they play Lehigh, a game @ Fairfield would be a nice tuneup before going away to Durham.

There scheduled to play Army and Hofstra respectively who both just went on a covid pause and it's highly likely one of them won't be cleared to play next week.

There scheduled to play Army and Hofstra respectively who both just went on a covid pause and it's highly likely one of them won't be cleared to play next week.

Hartford is playing UMBC next Saturday. If UMBC is cleared.

Lehigh is a top ten squad and be a interesting matchup though not the ideal team to face five days before Duke.

Holy Cross on Friday fits even if Syracuse has to travel there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom