Hokie fans don't seem to like Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Hokie fans don't seem to like Syracuse

Garrett_TD23

Walk On
I've read some disparaging comments on certain Hokie fan sites about Syracuse being in the ACC, it seems to go beyond the typical whining that you would occasionally read from some [insert ACC school] fan stuck in the past. I take it that you were not very nice to them in the Big East?

F them. They weren't even a priority for the ACC and if not for Virginia politics would not have originally gotten and instead would have been us. It must frost their asses to know they only got in due to political threats. Not academics, not athletics, not brand.

They probably don't like that they had to steal our offensive and special team philosophies to get good. Then, their faster and dumber version of McNabb only stuck around for two years and has spent as much time in the trainers room or prison since going to the NFL. It seems I don't care for them too much either.

May they choke on their own Christmas pudding and be buried with a stake of holly through their hearts!:eek:
humbug.jpg

Good. Who wants your opponent to like you?

Garrett_TD23 said:
I've read some disparaging comments on certain Hokie fan sites about Syracuse being in the ACC, it seems to go beyond the typical whining that you would occasionally read from some [insert ACC school] fan stuck in the past. I take it that you were not very nice to them in the Big East?

Beating them 6 out of 12 times in Big East play was never easy for them to take, especially in Lane Stadium. They weren't used to that like they are now (do they win home games anymore?)

Regardless, collectively they are the worst fans on this or any other planet.

The Big East allowed the turkeys to program build, since the new football conference needed members. They were lucky to get into the ACC in 2003.

They've struggled against Syracuse. They have a losing record in the series and are only 2-7 at the Carrier Dome.

F them. They set us back at least 10 years with their political shenanigans. F them.

Did I say F them?

Garrett: VPI was an upstart nobody when they joined the Big East. The league (Big East) helped them to build up. There is no love loss between our schools' fans. They took a few bowl games from us because they are able to drive their tractors and pickup trucks in large numbers to the games that we have to fly to. They never could consistently beat us after they became good and that killed them. They named the Carrier Dome: the house of horrors and the Jiffy Pop Dome. Frank Beamer accused our kicker in a game for using a popsicle lollipop stick to line up a FG one time...we all got a good laugh out of that. I think VT also accused SU of creating wind currents in the Dome to mess up their kicking.

Finally Cuse fans hate VT cuz VT also paid off Vick's HS coach and family to get him to switch to VT after giving a silent verbal to Cuse. After we lost Vick, we lost our streak of great QBs and our mojo.

You will also find out that Louisville and VPI have a nasty rivalry going back to the Metro Days.

BTW, thanks to Bobby and the 99 team for keeping VPI without a trophy.

I'm actually glad VPI is in the ACC...they do travel well to games and we like to beat them.

Last edited:
If not for Governor Warner trying to suck up to their supposed yahoo fanbase they would've spent the last decade butting heads with USF and WVU and the like, and lobbying for Big 12 inclusion now.

They don't do so well when they don't have hardened criminals on the field. Now Beamer is aging out and they're staring at the abyss. And staring at an empty trophy case.

We weren't very nice to them. Still bitter about the "puke" play prior to the TE throwback. Oh and the fact that their basketball team has never amounted to anything else. And almost every person I've met from the VT community seems to have a huge inferiority complex regarding academics (although they called it "Learnin' ")

Seems to me this rivalry does not need to be rekindled, it never died.

How does a popsickle stick help a kicker?

a bunch of class A dickheads. Flock them and the horse they rode in on. A dirty program.

Seems to me this rivalry does not need to be rekindled, it never died.

How does a popsickle stick help a kicker?

We have no idea but Beamer really said it. He said he found a lollipop stick (in fact Butterscotch-maybe other flavors aren't as effective? :rolleyes:) on the field after the game at Tech. We won 22-14, having blocked a punt, a Dwight Freeny sack for a safety, and an SU punt return for a TD, while holding them to 153 yards of total offense - but Beamer blamed the loss on some crazy lollipop stick assertion on a field goal. Hard to take them seriously after that. We had quite a bit of success against their best teams so it doesn't sit well with them. They'd love to look down on us but facts prevent it - has to be frustrating for them.

Virginia tech is the only team in the ACC without a national championship in ANY sport.
not even baseball?