Holy Cross thread | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Holy Cross thread

I remember in 2003 when SI's Grant Wahl listed Bill Carmody (then Northwestern's head coach) as a better coach than Jim Boeheim. Syracuse fans wrote in and he defended it by saying that at that time Carmody was more likely to lead a team to a national championship someday than Boeheim... then Carmelo happened.

He is so much better than Flynn. And Flynn was good but Gillon is completely about the team.

Cmon... Early call on that.

A. GIllon hasn't scored in 1 game what Flynn avg'd in either season
B. Gillon has played poor competition
C. Flynn's 1st 2 games were WAYYYYYYYY better than Gillons. He scored 2 million in game 1 and hit the game winner in game 2.

Not saying Gillon is bad... just saying "so much better than Flynn" is a bit premature. And...

Game is great except for the announcers. Roosevelt Bouie is just so bland and not excitable IMO.

As Mac would say, Gawd love 'im. He's not great but he's our's.

sarcasm?

No. They got absolutely wide open threes with two passes on about 10 different possessions. On many others they got uncontested shots with almost no effort. The zone was hideous. Everybody is excited about the offense, I understand, but that D will be a real problem if it doesn't improve a lot. In the PC, coach said as much but also seemed ok with the progress so I remain hopeful.

Cmon... Early call on that.

A. GIllon hasn't scored in 1 game what Flynn avg'd in either season
B. Gillon has played poor competition
C. Flynn's 1st 2 games were WAYYYYYYYY better than Gillons. He scored 2 million in game 1 and hit the game winner in game 2.

Not saying Gillon is bad... just saying "so much better than Flynn" is a bit premature. And...

It is early but Flynn was too much of a hotdog for my liking. I haven't seen any of that with Gillon.

No. They got absolutely wide open threes with two passes on about 10 different possessions. On many others they got uncontested shots with almost no effort. The zone was hideous. Everybody is excited about the offense, I understand, but that D will be a real problem if it doesn't improve a lot. In the PC, coach said as much but also seemed ok with the progress so I remain hopeful.
eh I hear you but it was mostly good in the 1st half, 2nd half when they were up 40 the energy wasn't there... but yes, here's to hoping it improves incrementally in the coming weeks

They have 40 points.
Seriously. When I read JB went to M2M I just figured JB knows this game is in the W column so why NOT experiment a little? If the M2M sux he goes back to zone &/or press.

It's not like there's a rule once you switch a D you have to stick with the new one!

No. They got absolutely wide open threes with two passes on about 10 different possessions. On many others they got uncontested shots with almost no effort. The zone was hideous. Everybody is excited about the offense , I understand, but that D will be a real problem if it doesn't improve a lot. In the PC, coach said as much but also seemed ok with the progress so I remain hopeful.
Ok. So obviously the HoustonCuse is a ruse and you really are HCIW Mike H, phoning it in at your leisure from the bench. Because you are the expert whom JB agreed with at a presser. The hyper critical because he HAS to be SU HC JB.

Armchair quarterbacks can afford to cut the team a little slack and notice HC scored 46 points, or a little more than one per minute of the game. SU scored 90 so they averaged better than 2 points a minute.

See my point?

Ok. So obviously the HoustonCuse is a ruse and you really are HCIW Mike H, phoning it in at your leisure from the bench. Because you are the expert whom JB agreed with at a presser. The hyper critical because he HAS to be SU HC JB.

Armchair quarterbacks can afford to cut the team a little slack and notice HC scored 46 points, or a little more than one per minute of the game. SU scored 90 so they averaged better than 2 points a minute.

See my point?

Actually, no. That is unintelligible. Sorry.

Dear oh dear. If you can't figure out what SU HC JB means, or the somewhat more cryptic HCIW Mike H, you had better not try to follow my tweets, where the 144 character limit forces me to REALLY get Byzantine!

My APOLOGIES, HoustonCuse!

I forgot that we played Holy Cross, the initials of which are the same as Head Coach! No one who posts here could be expected to be able to differentiate between the two when abbreviated just by the context!

Again, so very sorry to have boggled what passes for your mind.

At first I was likePopcornthen I was like :( I hate it when two of my favorite posters are fighting. Now I'm like :vomit:getting too attached to this board and these fake people with weird names I've never even met :rolling:

At first I was likePopcornthen I was like :( I hate it when two of my favorite posters are fighting. Now I'm like :vomit:getting too attached to this board and these fake people with weird names I've never even met :rolling:
The barf gif is the best, right? I tried to copy it onto a tweet but couldn't. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom