Holy | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Holy

Am i the only one who is very uncomfortable with how much content syracusedotcom is putting up/tweeting? The 911 call? Really? A timeline? Really?

The P-S became a massive clickbait organization a number of years ago. It's mostly why people are so outraged that they have the gall to charge $20/month for this trash. The minute that they heard about this incident involving Boeheim, their eyes most assuredly lit up with visions of clicks and dollar signs.

That car is literally in the center of a three lane highway touching all three lanes.

Not much choice but to go on the shoulder.

Not only that, but looks at how small the shoulder was with the snow on the side of the roads. No real good place to be.

Am i the only one who is very uncomfortable with how much content syracusedotcom is putting up/tweeting? The 911 call? Really? A timeline? Really?
People will have diferent reactions.
But (taking out particular sports events) when was the last time there was a story this big in Syracuse?
That's why they're doing so much.
And given the small staff they likely now have this probably means all hands on deck.

Not only that, but looks at how small the shoulder was with the snow on the side of the roads. No real good place to be.

Yeah, with guard rails on both sides. Looks like it drops off. Almost the worst situation to be in. If only the car was able to get over out of the middle. It must have hit hard to not be drivable.

of course this is true but we have all done dumb things in stressful situations when we're not thinking straight

easy for us to say what not to do

whole thing is just horrible. like others i had close calls that still stick with me where you can see the terror in the other persons face. car turned left in front of me, i slammed brakes and stopped an inch away from the lady in the passenger seat who was screaming her head off.

poor Boeheim too. I hope no one else was with him in the car just to limit how many people have to keep seeing that in their heads.
I am afraid PTSD is not out of the realm of possibility for our poor coach. This is very common after a terrible accident. I actually think he will be better off if he can compartmentalize and do his work. He strikes me as someone with an extremely disciplined mind. (Duh.) But as others have pointed out, he is also a human being who experiences empathy, compassion, etc. I am sure he will not want any attention on Saturday but since our fans are also human beings who (mostly) love their coach, I suspect he will get an ovation. How else can we show him that we feel for him and that we are behind him 200%?

Can totally see how this happened.

Looks like he entered 690 E from the Thompson road on ramp, was looking left to merge, the car was right there (as Jake pointed out) essentially in all or part of all three lanes right by or right after ley creek, so by the time he looks back forward speeding up to or near highway speed after merging the car is right in front of him, quickly and instinctually reacted in advoidance trying to (successfully) avoid the car, no time in forethought to see anyone there on the side of the road just having just looked forward after the merge (note: that merge onto 690 e is really long and weird):
View attachment 154167

Man just so tragic and random, could happen to anyone of us. Devastating. Will make me think twice about drinks with dinner as if this was me I'd of had 2 or three (just enough to not be impaired under the dwai limit for someone my size), but regardless the dynamics change if any alcohol is involved. Thankfully he's a tea totaler.

One thing's a little funky about that, though - SPD responded and in all their press keeps referring to the crash in the "City of Syracuse." But that location east of Thompson is DeWitt. I would think the police would be more careful with accuracy.

I drove down I-690 2 hours before JB, dropping my brother and niece off in Eastwood after the game. It could just as easily been me this happened to.

I am very sorry for both families involved. What a tragedy.

Horrible tragedy for all involved. As much as we may speculate whether coach will be on the sidelines Saturday and how his mindset will be, I’m also wondering how this is affecting Buddy and where his mindset will be playing on Saturday. Just a truly horrific situation and puts so much in perspective.

there's literally 0.0% chance the retirement rumors are true. you don't have something like this happen and then say immediately, ok im done. even if you do, its not a rational thought. now, in a week, if he said to himself, "you know, this has drained me, i really lost my motivation," i might believe that. but anyone believing the retirement rumors right now, im sorry, but has zero common sense.

I totally agree that is not Beihelm's fault. Hope people learn from this and carry candles at their cars. When similar situation happens, they should light up the candles behind the car to warn other people.
sorry but i can't help picturing you stumbling around in the cold & ice in the middle of the night trying to light a candle while trying to remember how to spell boeheim

I have to imagine the kids will come together over this heading in to Saturday. Both for the coach and the city. What a tragedy. It's going hard to hear if they decide to discuss it during the broadcast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom