Holy | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Holy

Just watched the press conference. Said that on the Dan Le Batard show today one commentator said Coach fled the scene and another speculated he was drinking heavily? Did anyone listen to that s(*Y&t
had to have been some knucklehead, uninformed caller, right? not an actual show host or guest

Oh wait I continued listening and they literally corrected that he did not go straight to the police station.

People getting mad over nothing.

had to have been some knucklehead, uninformed caller, right? not an actual show host or guest

From the press conference it sounded like it was two separate radio personalities, not callers, but I did not hear it first hand.

If Lebatard or anyone of his crew said JB was drinking and fled the scene that guy deserves a major scolding from management.
You never speculate on this chit when you are talking about life and death.
Shame on that show.

They never said he was drinking ever.

What did they say?

When they first broke the report they said Boeheim struck and killed someone with his car. They said he went to the police station and no drugs or alcohol were found in his system. This led Mike Ryan to think he went straight to the police station himself which would be fleeing the scene. A segment or two later they reaffirmed he had no drugs or alcohol and did not go straight to the police station.

Probably for the best considering the circumstances...for all involved.

You suddenly just killed a man you couldn't see who is wandering on a major highway after swerving to avoid his disabled car.

JB is how he is – the family of the stricken man are how they are.

Everyone has opinions - that's natural.

No alcohol.

"He's devastated," says friend Adam Weitsman who spoke to Syracuse basketball coach Jim Boeheim briefly this morning. "He says the man was in the middle of the road, not along the side or anything like that," Weitsman recalls of conversation about the deadly crash last night.

He did not run practice this afternoon but spoke to the team.

It may be he can't/won't coach Saturday night.

Dedicate the game?

Sad for so many people.

one of the sidekick dopes said it looks bad if he left the scene of the accident and went right to the police station, obviously he had the facts messed up. no one said JB was drinking.
When they first broke the report they said Boeheim struck and killed someone with his car. They said he went to the police station and no drugs or alcohol were found in his system. This led Mike Ryan to think he went straight to the police station himself which would be fleeing the scene. A segment or two later they reaffirmed he had no drugs or alcohol and did not go straight to the police station.
Alright this isn’t that bad.

Crazy - in the press conference the officer stated that Boeheim tried to render aid and the family did as well so Boeheim went back toward the vehicle with his cell phone light to try to slow cars down and the 1st officer on the scene was flagged down by him and his phone. Just such an awful situation and prayers are to the Jimenez family.

That’s the dictionary definition of manning up

Crazy - in the press conference the officer stated that Boeheim tried to render aid and the family did as well so Boeheim went back toward the vehicle with his cell phone light to try to slow cars down and the 1st officer on the scene was flagged down by him and his phone. Just such an awful situation and prayers are to the Jimenez family.

Wow - this made me gain so much respect for JB.

From the press conference it sounded like it was two separate radio personalities, not callers, but I did not hear it first hand.
I heard it asked if he was drinking

But said fled scence

When I heard it I wanted to punch my TV.
OMG that's terrible.
I hope somehow the community the college fans let JB and his family know that we share his grief and that he as well as Mr. Jiminez are victims of this tragedy. Regardless how you might feel about JB his coaching, his press conference demeanor etc. when you meet him one on one you know hes a stand up guy..

We share your sorrow coach.

Our coach is in the middle of a nightmare. I am sure the “if only’s” loom large in his mind. The more I think about this, the worse it gets.

I don’t know about you all, but I sure have been getting lots of sympathetic texts today from my friends and family. The vast majority of people who hear this story will see it for what it is and their hearts will be extended in sympathy. I believe there is much compassion being directed right now towards Coach, his family, and the family of the man killed.

People like that should be held accountable for false reporting. I heard it earlier too.

In regards to "Just watched the press conference. Said that on the Dan Le Batard show today one commentator said Coach fled the scene and another speculated he was drinking heavily? Did anyone listen to that s(*Y&t"

Clarence thomas wants to overturn sullivan v nytimes which requires showing of malice when defamation involves public figure. This is probably a good example of why that makes sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom