Holy | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Holy

Don't forget that in the 24 hours before JB's accident, a 100 gazillion people died tragic deaths. We're not mourning all of them, we're mourning this one because the accident involved someone we feel like we know.

Although questions about the impact on the team should probably be in a different thread, we shouldn't scold someone who is more willing than us to think about such things already.

Don't forget that in the 24 hours before JB's accident, a 100 gazillion people died tragic deaths. We're not mourning all of them, we're mourning this one because the accident involved someone we feel like we know.

Although questions about the impact on the team should probably be in a different thread, we shouldn't scold someone who is more willing than us to think about such things already.
100 gazillion is a lot.
I don't feel the scolding was wrong, it's what you do when people step out of line. Anyone who read the thread should know that recruiting is not an appropriate topic for discussion here. Start a new thread in the recruiting forum for that.

Random thought: I feel like it would be cool if Syracuse fans set up a GoFundMe page for Mr. Jimenez's family to help with funeral costs and what not.
My guess (totally uninformed) is that the Boeheim family may have quietly already taken care of this (anonymously). It's the kind of thing Juli would think of immediately. I emphasize this is a "total guess" on my part. But knowing them as I do, it would not surprise me.

Last edited:
Random thought: I feel like it would be cool if Syracuse fans set up a GoFundMe page for Mr. Jimenez's family to help with funeral costs and what not.
My buddy suggested a fundraiser for the Jimenez family at the game tomorrow.

I hope my source is incorrect but news coming from him is that Jim is taking an extended leave of absence

I hope my source is incorrect but news coming from him is that Jim is taking an extended leave of absence

The more and more I think about this situation over the past 24 hours, I think SU fans (including myself at first) are completely underestimating how hard it is to just bounce back and go back to work after the most traumatic moment of your life.

The more and more I think about this situation over the past 24 hours, I think SU fans (including myself at first) are completely underestimating how hard it is to just bounce back and go back to work after the most traumatic moment of your life.

True. But there is no "playbook" for what to do under these types of circumstances.

Everyone is different, and everybody's coping mechanisms are different.

Honestly the rest of this season doesn’t matter.
The family of the victim and JB’s mental health are the most important issues.
The program will be fine. The season will go on but it really doesn’t matter for the time being.

That’s not true. It’s an accident where he has no culpability. You take time to deal with the shock and remorse and then you get on with life. You don’t wallow in the situation.

Of course the season matters the team and staff university and fans have invested a lot into this season You don’t chuck that away because of this. That’s not callous

Heard the same
Good call by the leadership if true. As someone stated there is no playbook for this and I would imagine there are a spectrum of emotional responses and behaviors people experience whether those things are apparent to the person (Jim in this case) or not. A little time will allow coach to go through whatever those may be in his case appropriately.

From what we know now, Jim did nothing wrong. He was unfortunately in the wrong place at the wrong time. I hope the university doesn't impose restrictions on him. Jim should be given as much time and support as he needs to cope with this tragedy but when he is ready to coach, he should be allowed back.

That would be a real bad look if the University is trying to dictate to JB what he should or shouldn't do.

Right. Unless there is more that we don't know (which is certainly possible), then the decision on whether or not to coach should be 100% up to Jim. If the University did this as a CYA, I would think it would have even more of a negative effect on a possible lawsuit, with the optics of it appearing to be a suspension.

Honestly the rest of this season doesn’t matter.
The family of the victim and JB’s mental health are the most important issues.
The program will be fine. The season will go on but it really doesn’t matter for the time being.
I wouldn't go that far, the season definitely still matters. Try telling the players that it doesn't matter. Its a tragic situation but life goes on. Dwelling on it and not moving on would only make things worse.

Pretty much depends on the details of the incident and how the person is wired.

Many people can compartmentalize this type of thing. In fact, throwing yourself into something else is sometimes a good idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom